Options

Downloaded 5.08 last week.

JoeantboyJoeantboy Posts: 69
Forum Member
Hello. Strange thing happened last week, I forced an OAD after having problems with the 8 day EPG which did not seem to be very up to date. Anyway it downloaded software which I thought nothing of as I assumed it had just downloaded 4.09 again.

However on reviewing the contents of my library I noticed that all the stored programmes had arranged alphabetically (Quite annoying as I could not see at first glance any recent recordings!). It also gave the option to catorgorise them into Drama, comedy, etc but they still remained in alphabetical order.

Then the following day I noticed new software had downloaded and the library appeared to have rectified itself into its orginal apearance.

Anyway this morning I checked which software was running, which is 4.09 but the second software image is showing 5.08 which explains the change in the programme library.

I've read nothing of 5.08 on here so I was wondering was it downloaded by mistake?

Comments

• Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beta Software, at a guess
  • Options
    CullimoreCullimore Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have you got any photos to show us from your mobile ??
  • Options
    JoeantboyJoeantboy Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Cullimore wrote: »
    have you got any photos to show us from your mobile ??

I take it you are talking about a photo of the alphabetised library???

Sorry I don't have a pic but my box downloaded a message this morning stating that this new feature will be available soon so I must have downloaded a beta version.

I'm not keen on it myself after having reverted back to it for a few days last week, I'll stick to 4.09.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Got 5.08 automatically today.

Noticeable changes are the library categories. If you use the "Own Recordings" category then that is not alphabetical, but chronological, like the old version. Also the info box that appears when you change channel is now taller.

Can we get a full list of the changes please?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    djcater wrote: »
    Got 5.08 automatically today.

Noticeable changes are the library categories. If you use the "Own Recordings" category then that is not alphabetical, but chronological, like the old version. Also the info box that appears when you change channel is now taller.

Can we get a full list of the changes please?

A-Z is annoying as the default listing.
    Also, my box has started stuttering since the update :(

Does anyone know if the stuttering problem has been fixed (Thats the one where if you have pause live tv on and record two programmes the second programme stutters)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i got the screen saying i got the update, but looked at the version and its still 3.59 and no A-Z, how can i get it to do the update again?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cullimore wrote: »
    i got the screen saying i got the update, but looked at the version and its still 3.59 and no A-Z, how can i get it to do the update again?

With 1 of my boxes i had this same problem.
    I just unplugged it from the mains,plugged it back in and after rebooting the A-Z and new software was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMURFIT wrote: »
    With 1 of my boxes i had this same problem.
    I just unplugged it from the mains,plugged it back in and after rebooting the A-Z and new software was there.

i`ll give that ago now. thanx.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    redmeister wrote: »
    A-Z is annoying as the default listing.
    //// snip

Yes totally agree. Had to teach my parents how to make it chronological again.