Options

Black Ops problem.. "Open Tray"?

SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me, a couple of weeks ago my Xbox stopped reading my Black Ops disc properly, it would only say Open Tray when the disc is in there..It used to work after about 5 mins but nothing now. Does anyone know what this is and how I can stop it?

I've tried removing the hard drive and clearing the cache, i've tried closing the tray without a disc in it..I'm at my wits end :(:(

And my Xbox isn't under warrenty anymore either I believe.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the drive has finally given up the ghost, sadly. First thing is find out for sure about your warranty. Maybe give MS a call and see if they can help in anyway, doubtful though.

You could get it repaired yourself or maybe buy a new drive, I don't know how straight forward that is to do.

If it was me I'd try and get it repaired cheaply then trade for a new xbox. :)

Is it a slim?
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah it's just a black Elite..Had it for 2 years, it's served me well...Strange thing is, Forza 3 works..But just tried Modern Warfare 2 and nothing..I can't afford a new xbox either. Siiiiiiigh. :(