Louis's [Awful] Choices

SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was anyone as mortified as my partner and me were when Louis announced his choices? Sending the likes of Sami home over Goldie and Kitty..Apologies if there's already been a topic on this but I wanted to know if anyone was genuinely amazed at how he screwed up!

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The anti-Louis statuses that littered Facebook spoke for themselves. His decisions were quite baffling.

Jonjo is bland and forgettable and won't win. Kitty whilst a terrific singer is completely mental. Goldie cannot sing and is the token novelty act. Jonny Robinson is hilarious and can sing, but his style means he won't be for everyone. The only justice done was bringing Sami back, and even that wasn't really down to Louis.

Definitely would have gone for Sami, Carolynne, Terry and Kitty if I was in his shoes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Sami is still in, Kitty is also in the top 4 vocalists of the category so why not? Jonjo is good imo so....
    Also Johnny beats Jedward and Wagner imo
    I like
    Sami
    Kitty
    Jonjo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    The anti-Louis statuses that littered Facebook spoke for themselves. His decisions were quite baffling.

Jonjo is bland and forgettable and won't win. Kitty whilst a terrific singer is completely mental. Goldie cannot sing and is the token novelty act. Jonny Robinson is hilarious and can sing, but his style means he won't be for everyone. The only justice done was bringing Sami back, and even that wasn't really down to Louis.

Definitely would have gone for Sami, Carolynne, Terry and Kitty if I was in his shoes.

I think Jonjo deserves it more than Terry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure Louis doesn't get too much say in which acts he picks - the producers tell him which to go for, and they often choose controversy over talent. After all, why would they need an act like Carolynne when they already have four great female singers in the girls category?
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    Was anyone as mortified as my partner and me were when Louis announced his choices? Sending the likes of Sami home over Goldie and Kitty..Apologies if there's already been a topic on this but I wanted to know if anyone was genuinely amazed at how he screwed up!

It was done by the producers : according to The Mirror a few weeks ago, Louis never wanted Goldie in his category but she was forced on him by the producers, and apparently he was very angry.
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the only justice was Sami being asked back because of Goldie pulling out, but I just can't understand the appeal of the overly camp older bloke, his name slips my mind, and Kitty, over the likes of Carolynne. It's madness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the only justice was Sami being asked back because of Goldie pulling out, but I just can't understand the appeal of the overly camp older bloke, his name slips my mind, and Kitty, over the likes of Carolynne. It's madness.

I see the appeal in Kitty, she is ****ing mad but I love her

She is very Love/Hate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the appeal in Kitty, she is ****ing mad but I love her

She is very Love/Hate

But surely the point of the competition is to see who will be the most successful artist, Kitty has ALOT of haters who would rather spoon a lampost than buy any of her records, whereas Carolynne was likeable, and had an amazing voice.

You have to be likeable to be successful, I think Kitty is a diva to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But surely the point of the competition is to see who will be the most successful artist, Kitty has ALOT of haters who would rather spoon a lampost than buy any of her records, whereas Carolynne was likeable, and had an amazing voice.

But such a credible Singer like Carolynne shouldn't drop to the lows of XF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But such a credible Singer like Carolynne shouldn't drop to the lows of XF

Have to humbly agree there, but I think for most it's a chance to get some exposure, and she's certainly done that, I just think she should have gone so much further with her talents.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member

Carolynne seemed kinda dull though, and there's no way she'd bring the kind of attention and headlines that Kitty can bring to the show, which in turn equals more viewers and higher advertising rates. It might not be right, but it's just how things are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    Carolynne seemed kinda dull though, and there's no way she'd bring the kind of attention and headlines that Kitty can bring to the show, which in turn equals more viewers and higher advertising rates. It might not be right, but it's just how things are.

As much as i'd love to disagree there, I can't. But I can't help feeling for the genuinely talented people who lose out to the joke acts every year. And it always seems to be Louis doing it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    i thought terry winstanley would go through, i think johnny's voice is too high pitched.

some strange decisions going on, with the choosing of acts.:confused:

i think john wilding should of gone through also, does it not seem really unfair for him to get knocked back 2 years in a row?.
    Forum Member
    As much as i'd love to disagree there, I can't. But I can't help feeling for the genuinely talented people who lose out to the joke acts every year. And it always seems to be Louis doing it!

The producers give the public what they want, and sometimes the public want train wreck TV, so the shows producers give it to them. I did feel bad for Carolynne but showbiz can be cruel sometimes.

And Louis didn't choose the overs category, so I can't hold him too responsible. I'm pretty sure he was told to put through people like Kitty, Goldie, JonJo and Johnny anyways for various cynical reasons by the producers. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    The producers give the public what they want, and sometimes the public want train wreck TV, so the shows producers give it to them. I did feel bad for Carolynne but showbiz can be cruel sometimes.

And Louis didn't choose the overs category, so I can't hold him too responsible. I'm pretty sure he was told to put through people like Kitty, Goldie, JonJo and Johnny anyways for various cynical reasons by the producers. :o

also add Jedward,Storm Lee,Wagner to that list aswell and also Elesha Moses got snubber last year too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also add Jedward,Storm Lee,Wagner to that list aswell and also Elesha Moses got snubber last year too

And Louis wonders why he's the laughing stock every year..
    Forum Member

Yeah, but he's friends with Simon (believe it or not) and the checks keep rolling in, and it looks like he has a lot of fun, so why not? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member

Actually, Louis knows exactly why he's the laughing stock every year. It's because that is his role on the show, and picking bad acts is what he gets paid to do.