Lecturing Lauren Harries

gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
Forum Member
✭✭
I saw on Youtube a while back Lauren Harries when she was a little boy on the Wogan show.

James Harries, as he was then, stated he would not go to school. The reality was that he was bulled.

Frank Skinner also on the show stated that he would have "got a thrashiing" for refusing to go to school. Young James kept his composure despite Skinner getting the audience to gang up on him,

Big brave Brummie Frank! Years later we find out that Skinner went with prostitutes which he admitted, He is now an unfunny bore! Less of the lecturing now eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D89uh3EGbog

A few years later the filmmaker Keith Allen interviewed Laurel Harries and his family and he(Allen) lost his temper whereas Lauren kept her composure! Allen never could, as he made an utter fool of himself getting drunk on that Channel 4 late night sofa show and being responsible for that stupid Drunk Les video song.

I think Lauren Harries may become a national treasure because there is no malice about her - unlike that lisping sarcastic camp idiot in the same house as her,

Comments

• bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I recall Keith got angry cause of the audacity of her mother. Claiming she was qualified to psychoanalyse her Daughter, when her diplomas were made up.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing that interview on youtube a while ago and being impressed with Frank Skinner's comment. James was a 14 year old boy disrespecting an adult, and it would be natural for any adult witnessing that kind of behavior from a child to respond. Frank was only saying what every adult in that audience was thinking.
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disrespectful, just like she was on This Morning towards the expert and everyone else.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAA9GcNZM8
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lauren harries a national treasure? adamandevil will no doubt be agog at the suggestion.:D
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Lauren avoided school because of being bullied...isn't that a tad incompatible with her parents prepping her when she was a boy to go on national television being horribly precocious?
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a national treasure :D yeah along with katie price and joey Essex .
  • Joanne MAJoanne MA Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I know had a Twitter argument with her because she was saying that Paedophiles should be treated with the same care and respect as Cancer patients.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lauren Harries may become a national treasure because there is no malice about her

No malice about her? She was like Jaws getting off that sofa when she thought Ron was putting her up for eviction, lol.

I think she will lose it in their at some point - unless they really do want to paint her as this lovable character in which case they will make sure she is pacified and nobody up tips the boat. How many times did that shows psychologists say she wasn't able to cope with that show year after year on C4, obviously they felt it wouldn't be a good environment for her. I actually think the main reason she has done ok in there at the moment is that they have put louder celebs in there like charlotte, carole and vicky so that if she did start they'd just tell her to shut up anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I think Lauren Harries may become a national treasure...

:D

I'll bet you'd love to go to Bangkok, wouldn't you?

"Fascinating creatures" - Alan Partridge.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Joanne MA wrote: »
    Someone I know had a Twitter argument with her because she was saying that Paedophiles should be treated with the same care and respect as Cancer patients.
    WHAT??????????:eek:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last thing I would describe Lauren Harries as ..is a national treasure ... She is a person who demands fame for no other reason than because she wants it
    Keith Allen was a lot nicer to her family than I would of been..they are a bunch of charlatans .. Who if they are making money by treating people with issues and not qualified ... Should be jailed
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your opinion of Frank Skinner is your opinion, I find him most entertaining, moreso than the national treasure, Lauren Harries who got famous off the back of a lie,she is no expert in antiques at all
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    lauren harries a national treasure? adamandevil will no doubt be agog at the suggestion.:D

I haven't seen adamandevil post for a while. I wonder where he/she could be these days :D.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw on Youtube a while back Lauren Harries when she was a little boy on the Wogan show.

James Harries, as he was then, stated he would not go to school. The reality was that he was bulled.

Frank Skinner also on the show stated that he would have "got a thrashiing" for refusing to go to school. Young James kept his composure despite Skinner getting the audience to gang up on him,

Big brave Brummie Frank! Years later we find out that Skinner went with prostitutes which he admitted, He is now an unfunny bore! Less of the lecturing now eh?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D89uh3EGbog

A few years later the filmmaker Keith Allen interviewed Laurel Harries and his family and he(Allen) lost his temper whereas Lauren kept her composure! Allen never could, as he made an utter fool of himself getting drunk on that Channel 4 late night sofa show and being responsible for that stupid Drunk Les video song.

I think Lauren Harries may become a national treasure because there is no malice about her - unlike that lisping sarcastic camp idiot in the same house as her,

I fail to see what Frank Skinner admitting to using the services of prostitutes has to do with him basically saying it was wrong for a child to refuse to go to school and that he would have been in trouble if he had refused .
    The last thing I would describe Lauren Harries as ..is a national treasure ... She is a person who demands fame for no other reason than because she wants it
    Keith Allen was a lot nicer to her family than I would of been..they are a bunch of charlatans .. Who if they are making money by treating people with issues and not qualified ... Should be jailed

Well she does look like someone dug her up
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    If I recall Keith got angry cause of the audacity of her mother. Claiming she was qualified to psychoanalyse her Daughter, when her diplomas were made up.

That interview put me off Keith Alan for life, always admired him before then.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    That interview put me off Keith Alan for life, always admired him before then.

Re. Keith Allen documentary.

We'll never know of course whether the confrontation in that final scene was genuine or not. We only have Keith's word in the narration that it was going to be spontaneous and not staged.

If you signed a contract to have the film makers in to document an aspect of your family life and starring your family, would you not want to know exactly what was going to be in it before hand?

What's more, would you not want to preview the finished edition before it went out live on air in case the final edit was 'tweaked'?

I'm very very sceptical when it comes to authenticity in TV productions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joanne MA wrote: »

Perhaps Lauren meant she thinks that they are ill rather than evil. No excuse, though, she should be more media savvy than that.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Lauren meant she thinks that they are ill rather than evil. No excuse, though, she should be more media savvy than that.

I think she is very media savvy personally and loves being in the media , but rather than being in it for the right reasons which she appears unable she gets in the other way she knows how which is by being controversial.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola_T wrote: »

Tell me what it is like - never been there! :rolleyes:
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Nicola_T wrote: »

I don't find them attractive,just confusing ;-)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I haven't seen adamandevil post for a while. I wonder where he/she could be these days :D.

You would have thought now Lauren has made it into the CBB house, adamandevil would have been all over these forums supporting her. ;)
  • CrazyChickCrazyChick Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    You would have thought now Lauren has made it into the CBB house, adamandevil would have been all over these forums supporting her. ;)

They posted last night. :)http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=68326391&postcount=1
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, it is her brother posting then. I liked the idea that it was Lauren herself!
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look out Lauren some very jealous people here! :rolleyes:
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,990
    Forum Member
    i don't think the people on here are jealous.