WWE 2K14 Roster Reveal Today

Comments

• lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just playing through the Wrestlemania mode now. Enjoying it so far (just finished Wrestlemania 11).

My one qualm with the game so far though, why on earth is Randy Savage vs The Warrior from Wrestlemania 7 not on the game? Both superstars are on the roster, and it was a fantastic match, possibly the Warrior's best showing of all time. Just baffled me when I got to WM7 and that match wasn't there!

Otherwise enoying it so far though :)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am loving the game so far, but the only thing that has disappointed me, is that it seems that they haven't included Warriors flying shoulder as a move. Will have to try and find something similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also loving it. Wrestlemania mode is great.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth getting for someone like me, who just got WWE 13, or is it completely different?

Also are RVD and Sandow in the game?

Thanks!
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Is it worth getting for someone like me, who just got WWE 13, or is it completely different?

Also are RVD and Sandow in the game?

Thanks!

Sandow is...RVD too late to make the cut.

I think it's worth it just for the epic roster and WM Mode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small detail but I loved that they included
    the "you sold out" chants in the Goldberg v Lesnar match

in the Wrestlemania mode. Nice little touch :)
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completed the 30 years of WM mode earlier today.I enjoyed watching some of the videos that were shown before the matches.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Small detail but I loved that they included
    the "you sold out" chants in the Goldberg v Lesnar match

in the Wrestlemania mode. Nice little touch :)

That was a nice touch :)...Its very detailed I enjoyed the Macho Man and HBK/Razor Interviews before there matches too.

Universe Mode I had to turn off Automatic Rivlaries...I gave it a try but they set everythin at 12 weeks...they end up repeating the same stuff...Had to limit them at 8 weeks made by me.
    gerry d wrote: »
    Completed the 30 years of WM mode earlier today.I enjoyed watching some of the videos that were shown before the matches.

Yeah, some of them were annoyingly frustrating. Cena Vs The Rock @ WM 29 the last game...Im perfectly fine up until youve done the WM Moments and then you are at the end with no more historical objectives...so hard to avoid his finishers...took me a few go's to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The triple threat match between Cena,Edge & Big Show took me a few times to do as Big Show kept getting the win.I know what you mean about the ending of the Rock vs Cena match.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    The triple threat match between Cena,Edge & Big Show took me a few times to do as Big Show kept getting the win.I know what you mean about the ending of the Rock vs Cena match.

I actually somehow managed to kick out of 2 Rock Bottoms at the end of the Mania 29 match when they both have infinite specials. Managed to get the win by getting him to follow me out of the ring, then when he followed me back in I was able to hit an AA for the win :D

Also, has anyone managed to beat The Streak yet? Had 4 goes with HBK today and it's virtually impossible it seems. You can rarely hit more than 2 moves in a row on Taker, he just reverses everything!
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I actually somehow managed to kick out of 2 Rock Bottoms at the end of the Mania 29 match when they both have infinite specials. Managed to get the win by getting him to follow me out of the ring, then when he followed me back in I was able to hit an AA for the win :D

Also, has anyone managed to beat The Streak yet? Had 4 goes with HBK today and it's virtually impossible it seems. You can rarely hit more than 2 moves in a row on Taker, he just reverses everything!

Mania 29, The Rock V Cena and the infinite finishers gave me such a rage! Everytime I would try an AA he would counter! Got it in the end tho, never thought I would be that happy to hear the words 'And New WWE Champion John Cena'!

Best method people have listed is to face Retro Taker (you can change his finishers too) and continually assault him with the sledgehammer or ring bell on the outside of the ring, and keep using submissions till he uses his endurance ability to bring the 'breaking point' bar down, and then the next submission in the ring he will tap. And if the lights go out.............. Run! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I came close to beating Taker with Bret Hart. Just kept the fight outside the ring as much as I could untill I got him down to Critical on 3 of the 4 body areas, and I had 3 finishers stored so I thought that would be enough to make him tap out... and the git pulled a tombstone out of nowhere and pinned me. Doh! :(
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the streak on my second attempt with Cody Rhodes. It can be quite difficult but whenever Taker got a finisher I just stayed outside the ring.

The match itself took quite a while though, especially as when I hit something like my 3rd Cross Rhodes, went for the pin only for Taker to put me in Hells Gate! Managed to get out of it though and proceeded to win.

Love that mode though, definitly has a wow factor to it when you think you've got the win only for Taker to somehow turn it around :)
    Forum Member
    Now beaten Streak with Diesel and Batista. The key is to stay at ringside and use the weapons like the sledgehammer and ringbell (the ones that don't break!). Keep your distance as much as possible if Taker has a finisher, and try and position yourself to hit your finisher through a table (I did this with Diesel and Batista with their powerbomb finishers). When you're on your third finisher lure Taker into the ring to hit it and hopefully get the win. Oh and if you have him down in the ring and he has a finisher, stay away from his legs otherwise he'll lock in Hells Gate!
  • NickVaughanNickVaughan Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to beat the Streak on my 3rd attempt with Randy Savage. As others have said, the trick is to reverse as much as possible, keep a distance and use the Bell, Steps and sledgehammer as much as you can.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I presume they edited Jesse Ventura's commentary out of the early Mania videos to avoid having to pay him royalties?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally beat the Undertaker in defeat the streak mode.Came close twice with Razor Ramon & Randy Orton.However it was CM Punk that beat him.Gave him loads of sledgehammer shots,2 GTS & 2 Anaconda vices's outside the ring before hitting the GTS & the Anaconda vice for the win in the ring.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that the game has no Royal Rumble mode?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willbert wrote: »
    Is it true that the game has no Royal Rumble mode?

The game has a Rumble mode. You can do 10, 20, 30 or 40 man versions.

One trophy is to eliminate as many as Kane has In one Rumble (11)

Got my Platinum trophy today.
    Forum Member
    Enjoying Universe a lot more this year. Downloaded a good 17 CAW's of various guys (and a couple of Divas in Paige and Emma from NXT) and I've created an ECW brand too. I'm also big on tag teams, and my Raw and SD tag teams consist of Cody and Goldy (The Brotherhood, champs), Real Americans, Shield (Reigns and Rollins), The Wyatt Family (Harper/Rowan, and I've also downloaded Bray), Air Boom, International AIrstrike (Kidd/Gabriel), PTP's, TOF, and 3MB.

My ECW brand consists of Big Show, Boogeyman, The Dudleys, Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, The Usos, John Morrison, Mick Foley, The Miz, Raven, Rey Mysterio, RVD, Sabu, Sin Cara, Tazz, Tommy Dreamer and Zack Ryder.

Also devised an ECW Tag Team division that consists of The Dudleys (champs), Mysterio/Cara, JeriShow, The Usos, Miz/Morrison, and RVD/Sabu.

Oh, and I've also added the real music for every CAW I've downloaded :D

Anyone else having fun in Universe Mode?
  • suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    So is Warrior pre order only??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started WWE Universe Mode tonight. Recreated the Mega Powers and set up a rivalry with The Shield for the tag titles. Also Orton and DB for the WWE Championship. And Sgt Slaughter and the Ultimate Warrior.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded the NWO pack earlier as well as the giant and Kevin Nash / Scott Hall Outsiders style.
    Forum Member
    suncity wrote: »
    So is Warrior pre order only??

Yeah he's a pre-order bonus but it'll likely be available for download within a few months, just like the WWE '12 pre-order bonus character was (can't remember who it was). I expect American Bad Ass Undertaker will be as well, as he was a pre-order bonus for the Phenom Special Edition of the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Yeah he's a pre-order bonus but it'll likely be available for download within a few months, just like the WWE '12 pre-order bonus character was (can't remember who it was). I expect American Bad Ass Undertaker will be as well, as he was a pre-order bonus for the Phenom Special Edition of the game.

I only got WWE 14 a few days back from the local store but got the Ultimate Warrior code came with my game.