Options

**SPOILER THREAD** Semi Final 14/12/13

Comments

• Options
    AmyokllewAmyokllew Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Amyokllew wrote: »
    Oh yes you could be very right. Those two have done some lovely dances with their celebs

Plus I don't think Artem has ever been given a challenge like James or Brendon gave With
    Say a lulu or a Vannessa --- or a Pamela Stephenson and a Lisa Snowden
  • Options
    OldShep56OldShep56 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    I used my 5 online votes for Sophie.
    And for the first time this series gave her 2 phone votes as well.
    But I also gave Abbey 2 phone votes as I think she was best this week.

To be honest, although Sophie has been my favourite all the way through, I won't be upset if any of them win the final...apart from Susanna (not a hater - just don't think she's good enough to win).
    It's got to the point where I think nearly all the semi finalists deserve to win!

I don't mind who wins either as long as it is not Mr and Mrs 'Smug and aren't we good?'. As a previous Artem fan (mainly cos I had the hots for Kara), he has irked me constantly this series with his 'Isn't she good?' attitude
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    On a side note. Not one for the Brucie hate but my goodness tonight was horrific. He made the 1st half unbearable.

2nd half he toned it down. I used the mute button for once!!! LOL

I was too Terry-fied to make a similar comment! :D
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Abigail'smum.
    Dental abscesses are horrible, extremely painful things. I truly sympathise.
    I hope you are soon feeling much better.
  • Options
    abigailsmumabigailsmum Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol Dave - at least you're honest about it :D
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your kind get well messages :)

Gonna miss you mad lot:cry:

Are we still having a party next week?

Ooh I hope so !!! :):):) Do hope your tooth gets better soon. I have sciatica and also on the industrial strength co codamol.I can't have the anti inflams either. The Dr says sciatica is all to do with posture, but if he had my hip, he'd think differently !!!I blame my spinny chair.
  • Options
    LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Count me in! One last Christmassy bash! Looking forward to it! Might even wear a ball gown for the occasion!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Abigail'smum.
    Dental abscesses are horrible, extremely painful things. I truly sympathise.
    I hope you are soon feeling much better.

Thanks sweetie xx
  • Options
    WerewombatWerewombat Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Artem's choreoraphy may be impacted by what won't upset Kara Tointon.
  • Options
    CorrieAddict27CorrieAddict27 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Oh Abigailsmum, there is absolutely nothing so agonising as the pain from an abscess :cry::cry::cry:, but I got rid of mine, in desperation, this year.

I put a wodge of cotton wool between the abscess and my gum, and then pressed gently, but firmly on my cheek. And it "relieved" itself, if you get my drift. Then I had a good swig of warm salt water, and the sheer joy, at not having that rotten pain was indescribable!

I do wish you better honey, and thank you soooooooooooooo much for all your hard work on this thread. Go on, have a swig of Bailey's!
  • Options
    Tennis-dancerTennis-dancer Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    It struck me tonight(and forgive me if someone has said it already but Natalie and Artem are not well-matched height-wise. I really felt tonight she looked as if she was dominating him. Maybe she should have had lower heels on?
    I think The Susanna PR machine has been in full flow, there was even a long article in the Times Magazine today promoting her, clever stuff.
    I think I'm in a minority but I don't rate Sophie *ducks below the parapet* I found her AS decidedly un-fault free;heyho....
    Terry's Chocolate Orange anyone? Just one segment at a time please:o
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't. But we do know from who ended up in the dance off, and last week's scoreboard, that Patrick was last in the vote, Susanna was top 2 and Sophie was top 3. It follows that only one, and possibly neither, of Abbey and Natalie is in the top 2. Patrick has history of being last in the vote. Susanna and Sophie have history of avoiding the bottom two - so what we know elsewhere confirms what the maths tells us.

Its possible that the voting margins are very small and reversible. Its also unknown, yet, which of Natalie or Abbey has most support. Its also possible that people will actually vote for who they think has the ability to be there - rather than who they know or like, in a semi final vote. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.

Thank you for that. I understand now:)
  • Options
    ju1965ju1965 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Wonder where the Jordans where tonight!!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't. But we do know from who ended up in the dance off, and last week's scoreboard, that Patrick was last in the vote, Susanna was top 2 and Sophie was top 3. It follows that only one, and possibly neither, of Abbey and Natalie is in the top 2. Patrick has history of being last in the vote. Susanna and Sophie have history of avoiding the bottom two - so what we know elsewhere confirms what the maths tells us.

Its possible that the voting margins are very small and reversible. Its also unknown, yet, which of Natalie or Abbey has most support. Its also possible that people will actually vote for who they think has the ability to be there - rather than who they know or like, in a semi final vote. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.

What I still don't understand is why the public votes are kept super-secret; it's not state secret stuff. Under the Freedom of Information, could I, or anyone else ask for the information?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I hope so !!! :):):) Do hope your tooth gets better soon. I have sciatica and also on the industrial strength co codamol.I can't have the anti inflams either. The Dr says sciatica is all to do with posture, but if he had my hip, he'd think differently !!!I blame my spinny chair.

Too much time practicing on it during the week :D I get sciatica from time to time - essentially I'm falling to bloody pieces, but what the heck, carry on regardless :D:D:D
  • Options
    LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinkLadyJo wrote: »
    abigailsmum lordsally tobysmum you will have to let me know if there is a party next week, i will make some special treats :D

Would I miss that? Never! Now got to decide what to wear!
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ju1965 wrote: »
    Wonder where the Jordans where tonight!!

At home, according to their tweets!
  • Options
    yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm arriving late but with a plentiful supply of hot sausage sandwiches with caramelised onion chutney.

Hoping we've voted enough for Sophie to keep her out of the dance off, with these judges she'll be out if in the bottom two :(
  • Options
    AmyokllewAmyokllew Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    What I still don't understand is why the public votes are kept super-secret; it's not state secret stuff. Under the Freedom of Information, could I, or anyone else ask for the information?

I'm sure you must be able too
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    toyboysmum wrote: »

You can ask but sadly they won't release. They claim it is exempt from the FOI and sadly the information commissioner agrees with them. Why I have no idea. Other channels happily release voting data from their reality shows
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum remembers watching Tommy Cooper when he collapsed (and subsequently died) on stage. I think that incident has gone down in TV producer history and they keep a very careful eye on older performers like Brucie.
    I also think there is a slight time delay.

Yes I was watching when Tommy Cooper died. It was on Sunday Night at the London Palladium and he just fell into the curtain. We thought it was part of his act to begin with. Very sad. I think Brucie should make this his last series. I thought he was really bad tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope so and hope your abscess is over and done with by then so you can have some champers. We need to have the party and discuss the first dances before the final bit.^_^
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Alli...MWAH :D

Again, thanks for all the kind messages - Metronidazole will most definitely be finished by next Saturday :D:D:D

Any sign of a sore throat, or white patches on the tounge with metronidazole and pop up to the doctors. Had that once and, as it kills off everything in sight, went down with thrush...... it does the job well, so keep on taking it, but be careful.....
  • Options
    EsclarmondeEsclarmonde Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    My mum remembers watching Tommy Cooper when he collapsed (and subsequently died) on stage. I think that incident has gone down in TV producer history and they keep a very careful eye on older performers like Brucie.
    I also think there is a slight time delay.

Yes defo time delay and if you are on Freeview the reception times may vary. Was IM tonight during the show and we were over a minute out of synch. Xx