Options

what do you do with a problem like Jennifer Aniston

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't rate her as an actress either; but if I was commanding what she does per movie, would I give a flying f*ck what people thought of my acting?

No, I would not. I would get my pilot on my private jet to fly me to somewhere exotic for a few weeks and enjoy myself.:D
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    But she was not the lead in either of those.

Horrible Bosses no way was she a lead.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    def hit a nerve then

thanks for proving my point

Haha :D You're SO on a wind-up. Keep trying dear. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said before, mid 40s. She no longer is the top name in a movie, younger actresses have moved into what she used to headline in. Recent movies, say last three years she is only now classed lower than the title of the movie, someone else is the headliner. So her days in movies unless she wants to move into the mother of teen actress who is the headliner are over. She has never been a serious actress, the rom coms she makes no longer make the big money, someone else has to be the main headliner.

I remember My Best Friend's Wedding, it was classed as Julia Roberts last goodbye in those sort of roles. Cameron was the new upcoming girl to fill those rolls,by the money men. Jennifer might have made big money in movies but now she is only classed as second lead.

If she is smart she will know its time to move back to TV and a comedy series.

I'd say she's pretty smart. She's been in the business for years and is filthy rich. Again - I just don't see the problem. You might not like her movies (rom-coms aren't really my thing either), but she's doing just fine. Perhaps she likes doing what she's doing, and as money isn't an issue for her, she feels no need to stop, or change direction.
    But she was not the lead in either of those.

She was one of the main ensemble cast in We're The Millers. And lead or not, in Horrible Bosses, she made a wonderful impression on most of the people I know who saw it. (I actually thought that she and Kevin Spacey were the best two parts of that movie.)
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay if she does not want kids(the press are the ones that insist she does), is single though her team do push the latest romance every time she has a movie out.

The big problem with Jen is:

Mid forties, she is no longer the hip rom com queen, she is not a movie opener. Sorry but that is the way Hollywood works. She played herself in 99.9% of the movies she made anyway. Only one movie she stepped out of the romantic type and that was way back in the 90s. Never happened again, not sure if The Good Girl was a serious attempt to move into serious acting or a lets try something different.

She needs to get herself a nice TV comedy show and realize she was never movie material to start with.

She's one of the richest women in showbusiness. Check out some stats for her recent movies if you think she's such a failure. http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/actress/jennifer-aniston-net-worth/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of the richest women in showbusiness. Check out some stats for her recent movies if you think she's such a failure. http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/actress/jennifer-aniston-net-worth/

I know, and yet people are saying that she needs to do this, that or the other, if she's smart! I'm not sure she needs business advice from anyone on here, myself included!
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I know, and yet people are saying that she needs to do this, that or the other, if she's smart! I'm not sure she needs business advice from anyone on here, myself included!

Me too! If only I could fail so spectacularly :p
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the life style she leads how long with the money last, when the movie parts dry up?

She is now down to second lead, which will drop even further. Cox had the right idea get a tv show become the producer and the money roles in for years.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the life style she leads how long with the money last, when the movie parts dry up?

She is now down to second lead, which will drop even further. Cox had the right idea get a tv show become the producer and the money roles in for years.

I'n not a fan, she bores me rigid as an actress, but she is richer than Croesus. Her income from Friends would have been enough for her to live luxuriously for the rest of her life, let alone what she's gone on to earn since. She also has fingers in a lot of pies, financially, so one thing she does not have is money worries, regardless of what happens with her career.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are joking aren't you? she's clearly the biggest name in "We are The Millers".

She's coining it in. I actually prefer Cox myself, but the show she produces has been relegated from Network to a minor channel.

There's no reason why the Movie roles will dry up because she's hugely successful.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Brad Pitt now has an Oscar *whistles*
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

For producing 12 Years A Slave, not for his acting. :o

Angelina seemed to suck all the youth and good looks from Brad. But still, poor childless, single Jennifer etc etc. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For producing a film and then running up on stage to get the glory. That movie won because of the directing/acting.

*WHISTLES*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes indeed, but what's that got to do with this thread?
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    I'n not a fan, she bores me rigid as an actress, but she is richer than Croesus. Her income from Friends would have been enough for her to live luxuriously for the rest of her life, let alone what she's gone on to earn since. She also has fingers in a lot of pies, financially, so one thing she does not have is money worries, regardless of what happens with her career.

At the end of the day the question is she happy? Who knows but there are plenty more worthy of pity in the world. I made a choice to have a child but another lady I know is married and doesn't want kids. Besides even if life doesn't work out the way you want/planned does that mean you're a failure. I always got the impression that part of the reason that her marriage to Brad Pitt failed is that he wanted kids and she didn't (or at least she was happy working on Friends and didn't want to stop and have kids when he did).

At the end of the day who cares if she's a great actress or not - she's got the work and people like watching her - maybe fame and acclaimation isn't the bee all and end of all of her life either and she'd be happy to slide into doing more supporting roles if they're interesting.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please don't EVER become an actors agent. You'd be flippin' rubbish at it!!!
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    At the end of the day the question is she happy? Who knows but there are plenty more worthy of pity in the world. I made a choice to have a child but another lady I know is married and doesn't want kids. Besides even if life doesn't work out the way you want/planned does that mean you're a failure. I always got the impression that part of the reason that her marriage to Brad Pitt failed is that he wanted kids and she didn't (or at least she was happy working on Friends and didn't want to stop and have kids when he did).

At the end of the day who cares if she's a great actress or not - she's got the work and people like watching her - maybe fame and acclaimation isn't the bee all and end of all of her life either and she'd be happy to slide into doing more supporting roles if they're interesting.

Oh I agree. My post wasn't a response to the OP's trolling (which is really best ignored) just re her personal wealth and how it will remain unaffected regardless of what happens for her, career-wise.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked her. Even in Friends. I put her in the same boat as Reese Witherspoon & Julia Roberts: plays to her fans that she is this everygirl, Americas Sweetheart... just like they are. Only *shucks* she got lucky and is a star. Ugh.

I will give her credit where credit is due though. She herself has NEVER milked the Brad/Angie thing. Always done by her PR or someone else. Very smart.

reese and julia are good actors hence what they have won

also whats wrong with playing up to your fans?:eek:
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o
    Wow i knew she was rich but didn't expect her to be that rich. Good for her though.

I dont think actors are overpaid. They draw fans in to watch the movie so they should get a fair amount of what it grosses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For producing 12 Years A Slave, not for his acting. :o

Angelina seemed to suck all the youth and good looks from Brad. But still, poor childless, single Jennifer etc etc. :cry:
    downtonfan wrote: »
    For producing a film and then running up on stage to get the glory. That movie won because of the directing/acting.

*WHISTLES*

AND? Matt Damon & Ben Affleck have one for writing. Someone can't be both an actor and a producer? Keep on munching on your soup grapes people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Yes indeed, but what's that got to do with this thread?

She was part of that production company, well before they broke up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything the op listened Jen as in the post, I suspect thats exactly what the op is themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suppose this is another failure in her life right?
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    I suppose this is another failure in her life right?

'Failure'. The OP and others (Not you, Zone Out!, obviously!) should get some perspective. Everyone is different (ie unique). One size does not 'fit all'. There are those people who wish to focus on their career and friends (and maybe travel); there are those who become missionaries and focus on other people. there are those who wish to remain childless, those who want one or two children, those who want a whole houseful (which I personally think is irresponsible to the planet and its finite resources, but then that's just my opinion).

Not one person is the same as another. Hence what might be right for one, would be an anathema to someone else. A friend of mine had 6 kids. I chose not to have any because I knew I wasn't maternal (people bring babies in to work - I'm afraid I have very little interest. They do nothing for me). Rather than 'conform' to 'stereotype', I chose to go my own way and am extremely glad that I didn't have any children (a succession of cats, instead, but I prefer it that way! :D ).

Maybe Jen didn't want children; maybe she did but wanted to be settled first and with her first marriage ending in divorce (because her husband strayed, let's not forget that before we start laying the blame entirely at the wronged woman's door) and since then hasn't found anyone.

Or maybe, just maybe she wanted to focus on her career - which isn't too shabby - and as an 'emsemble' player rather than 'lead' actress', she can make plenty of money and indeed has done. 'Failure' in acting terms is never making it at all. Ever. There are thousands of permanently out of work 'actors' who have never had that break which Jen had with Friends and which propelled her into movies and which gave her enough money to live on comfortably for the rest of her life.

And who are we to judge others as 'failures' just because of our own skewed perceptions of what 'should be'? She undoubtedly has her dark days, just like every other human being, and she will have times of happiness. That's life and it happens to everyone, irrespective of who you are, how rich or famous or otherwise.

So long as she's happy in herself (and she never seems particularly unhappy with her lot!), she's having a successful life. And I personally don't feel sorry for her, neither do I think she should take a sidestep in her career just because she isn't starring in big Hollywood blockbusters all the time. It's perfectly possible to have a very nice career as an ensemble player and that's not failure. That's called having a job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mean before they broke up years ago, so - nothing to do with this thread. It kind of seems like you've just posted that to make some sort of point because you don't like her.