Phone contract advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My 24 month contract is coming to an end in 2 weeks, it's my first contract and I need advice.

I've been paying £27 a month and I don't really use much of the allowance, the phone (HTC One V) has a terrible battery life, is extremely laggy and all the buttons have gone dodgy so I'd rather not carry on with the phone.

What are my options? Seeing as I haven't missed a single bill in the 2 years I've been with T-Mobile I'd like to think I could get a good deal now. A cheaper contract (rolling preferably, or a lot shorter than 24 months at least!) and a better phone, could this be possible?

Hopefully phone experts can advise me, I don't want to pay £25+ again because I don't use my phone heavily but I like the security of the high call allowance, unlimited texts and constant browsing.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE offered me £13.99 24-month contracts for either the Nokia Lumia 625, Google Android, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and the Alcatel OT Idol. 500mb, mins, unlimited texts. Are any of these phones really good? 24 month sucks but the price is a lot cheaper so if there are no better options I'll take one haha.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE offered me £13.99 24-month contracts for either the Nokia Lumia 625, Google Android, Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 and the Alcatel OT Idol. 500mb, mins, unlimited texts. Are any of these phones really good? 24 month sucks but the price is a lot cheaper so if there are no better options I'll take one haha.

How much data do you use a month, roughly?

I can't pass comment on the Alcatel OT Idol but both the Nokia Lumia 625 and Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 are good devices....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iGeek2014 wrote: »
    How much data do you use a month, roughly?

I can't pass comment on the Alcatel OT Idol but both the Nokia Lumia 625 and Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 are good devices....

Not a lot, I mainly browse. I have 250mb usage with unlimited browsing on my current phone.

• Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    A long time ago I stopped getting into long contracts. My Three contract is 30 days only. It does mean you buy your phone outright, but if you buy a good phone and sell it before it becomes too old you only have to put a relatively small amount to a new phone (+ price you sold old one for) so it makes better sense. The advantages are you can pick and choose your network according to what suits you best at any time without having to wait up to 2 years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    A long time ago I stopped getting into long contracts. My Three contract is 30 days only. It does mean you buy your phone outright, but if you buy a good phone and sell it before it becomes too old you only have to put a relatively small amount to a new phone (+ price you sold old one for) so it makes better sense. The advantages are you can pick and choose your network according to what suits you best at any time without having to wait up to 2 years!

I am considering 30 day contracts, but a half decent phone will set me back quite a bit I imagine.

My contract is up in only 2 weeks and I didn't realise, what happens regarding this 30 day notice thing I heard about?