Eggheads

spudatospudato Posts: 1,596
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I had honestly forgotten just how much Daphne & CJ irritated me with their stupid posturing & face pulling,did the BBC have to show old programmes with these two muppets in.>:(

Comments

• Paul_CullotyPaul_Culloty Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the new series, the batch of episodes after CJ's return but before Daphne's departure.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    This is the new series, the batch of episodes after CJ's return but before Daphne's departure.

No, the current ones are from 2010 according to the BBC website. They're actually pre- both Pat and Dave.
  • Mr. E!Mr. E! Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As far as I know, CJ's return was after Daphne's departure........so any episodes currently shown featuring both of them must be repeats!
  • Gary HallidayGary Halliday Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr. E! wrote: »
    As far as I know, CJ's return was after Daphne's departure........so any episodes currently shown featuring both of them must be repeats!

You can tell that they are repeats because, among other things, they are not in HD.
  • marieofromaniamarieofromania Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can tell that they are repeats because, among other things, they are not in HD.

I'm not sure I'd want to see the Eggheads in high definition!
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched this for ages, and only read about it on-line. I know Daphne has gone and CJ is returning, but I thought a new woman Egghead was joining. When is she on?
    Forum Member
    CJ has been back for a while now. As for Lisa the new Egghead, I understand she has been filming for some time now but the show has quite a backlog of shows to get through so I'm not sure when she'll make her first appearance - might be later in the year, I'm not sure.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    CJ has been back for a while now. As for Lisa the new Egghead, I understand she has been filming for some time now but the show has quite a backlog of shows to get through so I'm not sure when she'll make her first appearance - might be later in the year, I'm not sure.

Thanks for the info. :)
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJ is a total plonker
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    CJ is a total plonker

Wait until Lisa comes on. If her appearance on ROTE was anything to go by, she thinks an awful lot of herself. And she wasn't even the best quizzer in her own heat!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJ is a total plonker

I thought we had got rid of him ? >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • LordBobbinLordBobbin Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I thought we had got rid of him ? >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Nope. Guess his burgeoning acting career must have stopped burgeoning...

So now he's back!

Mind you, looking on the bright side, the Eggheads seem eminently beatable now. Kevin, Pat and Barry are still difficult opponents. But choose your round carefully, and you've got half a chance against the others - and that'll probably apply to the new upcoming Egghead too.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well today Kevin was the only Egghead beaten in his round! That must be a rare event - especially when CJ and Judith were also on the team.

I do think though that CJ has improved since he returned to the show. Perhaps he has done a lot of swatting?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I learnt something today.

One of the Eggheads was born in Wolverhampton
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the show today and actually caught the opening titles containing a new egghead (dark haired female). She wasn't on today's show so I googled 'new egghead' only to find absolutely nothing.
    So who is she?
    When will we see her on the team?
    How did she get chosen?
    What are her credentials for being an Egghead?
    Forum Member
    Lisa Thiel;
    First appearance Friday I understand;
    She impressed the producers when she was a contestant on Revenge of the Egghead earlier in the year.

Ask me another :)
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Not sure about Barry's beard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJ is a total plonker

He even celebrates an Egghead win...roll eyes.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    A long time ago I remember laughing when a contestant was asked who he'd like to challenge and he said 'I'd like to knock CJ out' ;-):D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJ's acting career and solo quiz show have been a huge success I see. :D
  • gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New egghead woman was on today .Unfortunately I took an instant dislike to her when she was first suggested as a possible egghead when on the challenge egghead with CJ.
    She seemed full of herself then and did nothing to change this impression today.'well I have a degree in History which adds to the pressure'( Feel a fool if I lose as I'm so clever)

A pity she didn't know about the name of Iran's railway and she could have helped Eggheads win.

I wonder what period of history her degree encompasses 'The Tudors' 'Second World War?'or Roman Britain to 1950?Doubt it.
  • gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Not sure about Barry's beard.

I am.It's a no no,shave it off now.
  • MoxeyMoxey Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New egghead woman was on today .Unfortunately I took an instant dislike to her when she was first suggested as a possible egghead when on the challenge egghead with CJ.
    She seemed full of herself then and did nothing to change this impression today.'well I have a degree in History which adds to the pressure'( Feel a fool if I lose as I'm so clever)

A pity she didn't know about the name of Iran's railway and she could have helped Eggheads win.

I wonder what period of history her degree encompasses 'The Tudors' 'Second World War?'or Roman Britain to 1950?Doubt it.

She (Liza?) wasn't exactly a bag of nerves, alright! It'll be interesting to see where she will be ranked among the other eggheads by posters here. At the moment I'd rank them : Kevin, Pat, Barry, Chris, Dave, CJ, Judith.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Moxey wrote: »
    She (Liza?) wasn't exactly a bag of nerves, alright! It'll be interesting to see where she will be ranked among the other eggheads by posters here. At the moment I'd rank them : Kevin, Pat, Barry, Chris, Dave, CJ, Judith.

I would actually consider Pat to be a slightly stronger Egghead than Kevin. I appreciate that in the quiz world it's almost blasphemous to say that... Kevin is an extremely strong quizzer, but I reckon Pat slightly has the edge over him. Kevin has a weakness in the Food and Drink category, whereas Pat doesn't seem to have any weak categories. Also, Kevin often isn't picked for the head-to-heads so is in the final by default, but Pat usually wins his and earns his spot in the final. It's very slight, but I think it's marginally easier to trip Kevin up than Pat.

If anyone is interested and hasn't already seen it, this is new Egghead Lisa's appearance on Weakest Link, back in 2001:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kZBYpLJcnY
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moxey wrote: »

She's very sure of herself. Not liking her so far. Maybe it was first night nerves so she might calm down, hopefully.