Options

Food Picture Thread

Comments

• Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Oh, yum. What kind of cheese is that, Victoria?
    Hi Epi! It's diet feta. It's so tasty and I couldn't detect any difference in taste compared to the full fat feta.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Epi! It's diet feta. It's so tasty and I couldn't detect any difference in taste compared to the full fat feta.

Nice!

I'm expecting some spooky looking cupcakes from you on Halloween. Don't disappoint us!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice!

I'm expecting some spooky looking cupcakes from you on Halloween. Don't disappoint us!

Ohhhh the pressure!

I am doing cupcakes tomorrow but they are for my mum, so I am intending to use my floral cases which I haven't used before...quite the opposite of Halloween! I did some awful Halloween cupcakes last year (or was it the year before, I can't remember).

You will like these ones, I promise :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    ive added some more pics from the cakes i have made this past month :)

http://martdcee.picturepush.com/album/231024/p-Cakes.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's dinner, the first steak I have ever cooked. Sirloin medium rare, roast new potatoes (with rosemary, garlic oil and salt and lemon), served on a bed of wilted spinach with creamy peppercorn sauce (the sauce was Schwartz packet sauce, it wasn't all that great!):

Steakandsauce.jpg

Steakandsauce2.jpg
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Oh, don't go into the steak thread. You'll be massacred for putting that sauce on your steak :p

It looks great. Amazing fist attempt :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Oh, don't go into the steak thread. You'll be massacred for putting that sauce on your steak :p

It looks great. Amazing fist attempt :eek:
    And I'll get even more massacred cos I did go into that thread previously, telling everyone I prefer my steak naked!

Thanks Degs. I am confident at cooking steak now, I only ever used to order it at restaurants as an expensive treat. I think I will save money by swapping it round, so steak at home, something cheaper at restaurant. Unless it's Gaucho, lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and Matchmakers. I am going to veer out of the 'safe' territory soon though!

Triplechoc2.jpg

Triplechoc.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and Matchmakers. I am going to veer out of the 'safe' territory soon though!

Triplechoc2.jpg

Triplechoc.jpg

You could go into business, VS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could go into business, VS!
    Thanks Ep. I will one day (need to pull my finger out).

I am doing my market research at the moment, which involves dishing out free samples to lucky bastards (neighbours, family, flat mate, flatmate's colleagues) in return for feedback!
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished my first wedding cake commisssion! Rose flavoured cupcakes for a 'Vintage & Roses' themed wedding...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77945541@N07/8144181025/in/photostream
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished my first wedding cake commisssion! Rose flavoured cupcakes for a 'Vintage & Roses' themed wedding...

They are amazing!!

VS your cakes too are stunning... what are your plans when you say you are venturing out of 'safe territory' :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gorgeous. Funnily enough I was looking up how to do this pattern, I am not sure whether I have a 'closed star' nozzle as none of the demos show me the nozzle properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VS your cakes too are stunning... what are your plans when you say you are venturing out of 'safe territory' :)
    I want to experiment with liqueurs as I have several in the booze cupboard. It's a bit of a gamble and it might make things taste minging, but I won't know until I try! I am also currently looking at tools to use on fondant icing. I get so excited about these things!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get so excited about these things!

ha ha i know that feeling, all my friends think im a bit sad cause i get so excited about silly little things when it comes to cake making/decorating. Getting a multiway cake tin for christmas of my mother in law and dont think ive ever looked forward to a xmas present as much :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martdcee wrote: »
    ha ha i know that feeling, all my friends think im a bit sad cause i get so excited about silly little things when it comes to cake making/decorating. Getting a multiway cake tin for christmas of my mother in law and dont think ive ever looked forward to a xmas present as much :o
    There are just so many weird and wonderful things aren't there! I really need to get the gel colours for a start. Some edible glitter too. I love the patterned rolling pins too, what an amazing invention. I could go on and on and on!
  • Options
    LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! This is the nozzle: http://www.purplecupcakes.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1247066--Rose-Nozzle.html

Your cakes are so pretty - I find it hard to get such a perfect swirl! I end up with a really high peak
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are just so many weird and wonderful things aren't there! I really need to get the gel colours for a start. Some edible glitter too. I love the patterned rolling pins too, what an amazing invention. I could go on and on and on!

I have gel colours but no matter how many i have there are always more that i want lol. i told my mum i would have to make her a little list of fairly cheep things and she said she could make me a little cakey hamper for christmas :)

Oooh and i want some of them embossing rolling pins too (and some textured mats)...like you said could go on and on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to experiment with liqueurs as I have several in the booze cupboard. It's a bit of a gamble and it might make things taste minging, but I won't know until I try! I am also currently looking at tools to use on fondant icing. I get so excited about these things!

A friend of mine once made absinthe cupcakes with bright green frosting. I never got to try them but they sure looked impressive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martdcee wrote: »
    I have gel colours but no matter how many i have there are always more that i want lol. i told my mum i would have to make her a little list of fairly cheep things and she said she could make me a little cakey hamper for christmas :)

Oooh and i want some of them embossing rolling pins too (and some textured mats)...like you said could go on and on

Oh how lovely, that is really sweet of her! Sounds like a wonderful present. Mine is gonna be an early Christmas present to myself lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine once made absinthe cupcakes with bright green frosting. I never got to try them but they sure looked impressive.

I did a greeny bluey frosting for my 'Chocomint' cupcakes but the results of my 'market research' showed that people wanted the peppermint buttercream to be white, as they associated the greeny bluey colour more with spearmint :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's lunch. Chicken soup. Skinned chicken legs and thighs, leeks, celerey, carrots, tomato, veg and chicken stock cubes, water, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, and finished of with flat leaf parsley that my flatmate and I are growing.

P1010902.jpg

P1010908.jpg
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ganesh festival feast here and here.

First wedding anniversary cake.
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: After seeing the photos here,i'm ashamed to post my wedding anniversary cake photo.:o Well never mind,i'm a beginner,so can forgive myself.:D Wow...some of you are excellent in baking and cake decorations. I just lurked around,i'll sit and admire the photos here.