Options

Family Guy; It's a Trap! - BBC3 10PM Tonight

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been looking forward to this all week, but I've just noticed something with the scheduling, BBC3 are showing all the Family Guy Star Wars epps tonight, yet showing them in reverse order...

It's a Trap! - Blue Harvest - Something, Something, Something, Dark Side :confused:

Surely would have been better to show them in order, finishing with the new one? Something, Something, Something, Dark Side - Blue Harvest - It's a Trap!

I know the Family Guy scheduling on BBC3 is a right farce at the best of times, but who ever 'planned' tonight needs a good telling off, surely?

Comments

• Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    AJXX wrote: »
    Been looking forward to this all week, but I've just noticed something with the scheduling, BBC3 are showing all the Family Guy Star Wars epps tonight, yet showing them in reverse order...

It's a Trap! - Blue Harvest - Something, Something, Something, Dark Side :confused:

Surely would have been better to show them in order, finishing with the new one? Something, Something, Something, Dark Side - Blue Harvest - It's a Trap!

I know the Family Guy seducing on BBC3 is a right farce at the best of times, but who ever 'planned' tonight needs a good telling off, surely?

So you want the new episode to air at 11.30pm?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Blue Harvest was the first Star Wars ''tribute''?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

I've no problem with that if it means they are shown in the correct order. Just seems a bit daft going backwards...
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no problem with that if it means they are shown in the correct order. Just seems a bit daft going backwards...
    It's an homage to the order of the movies!

:D

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

Seems a reasonable schedule from the BBC. The Trap is the final ep from Season 9, and they are showing the first two Star War specials as a bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to the OP for bringing this subject up. Had The Trap set to record on series link, but had missed the other two:o Have now set them to record.

Thanks

Keith
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually OP, Blue Harvest was the first one. And you complain about BBC3 getting the order wrong!

The ironing is delicious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    Actually OP, Blue Harvest was the first one. And you complain about BBC3 getting the order wrong!

The ironing is delicious.

I've been watching FG all my life, but I have no idea what order they are supposed to go in, I just know the BBC haven't got it right IMO.

If what you're saying is true, that means BBC have it even worse, it's like watching 3-1-2 instead of 1-2-3.

PS: I'd watch how much ironing you eat, I'm told eating clothes isn't good for you ;)
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id rather watch the new one first than older ones that ive already seen,
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thread should be in US TV Shows.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I've been watching FG all my life, but I have no idea what order they are supposed to go in, I just know the BBC haven't got it right IMO.

If what you're saying is true, that means BBC have it even worse, it's like watching 3-1-2 instead of 1-2-3.

PS: I'd watch how much ironing you eat, I'm told eating clothes isn't good for you ;)
    You can see why they've done it. The new episode is airing in it's usual 10pm slot and then they've put on the other two Star Wars specials after it.

Maybe they should have left it until next week. Air the new episode on this week and then next week air them in the correct order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    There's a danger that the world cup final might disrupt the times for family guy tonight.
    If you're thinking about recording them, might be best to stay up and do it manually.

Also the "It's a trap!" Episode is on BBC HD according to my EPG. Less likely to get altered by extra time in the football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sele01 wrote: »
    There's a danger that the world cup final might disrupt the times for family guy tonight.
    If you're thinking about recording them, might be best to stay up and do it manually.

Also the "It's a trap!" Episode is on BBC HD according to my EPG. Less likely to get altered by extra time in the football.

Thanks for the heads up. I think they have to broadcast the HD & SD version at the same time though. So if BBC3 overuns because of the WC it will affect the HD transmission as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    BBC used to play both new episodes on HD channel, but now they only broadcast the first, so the second new episode I had to watch on BBC3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    sele01 wrote: »
    BBC used to play both new episodes on HD channel, but now they only broadcast the first, so the second new episode I had to watch on BBC3

Last week there was only 1 new episode, the second episode wasn't on the HD channel because it was an old episode that wasn't created in HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Last week there was only 1 new episode, the second episode wasn't on the HD channel because it was an old episode that wasn't created in HD.

The week before(Sun 3rd) Ep 16 wasn't shown on the HD channel, only on BBC3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All three Star Wars eps are repeated on Sat 23rd July, in the correct order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    It's an homage to the order of the movies!

:D

K

I wonder if they will do homages to Star Wars Ep1-2-3. I would like to see how they deal with Jar Jar Binks. Blowing his head off before he opens his mouth would be cool.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know the Family Guy scheduling on BBC3 is a right farce at the best of times, but who ever 'planned' tonight needs a good telling off, surely?

Blue Harvest was quite good

something something was dire , a lot of the time there weren't even any jokes , they just copied (traced over) scenes from Empire .

haven't seen the 3rd one yet so thanks for the heads up , hadn't even noticed .

so when is the Phantom Menace spoof ? or is the actual film already a spoof , I think I just answered my own question .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The EPG for BBC3 on my Sky box hasn't changed yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EPG( BBC 3 & BBC HD) now changed. Now scheduled to start at 10:30pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic game of football. The women of Japan & America putting the men's game to shame.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic game of football. The women of Japan & America putting the men's game to shame.
    some of us would rather be watching Family Guy, even if it is only a Star Wars episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah ild rather be watching family guy.

they could have still played it on BBCHD at 10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah ild rather be watching family guy.

they could have still played it on BBCHD at 10