Options

What would The Suffragettes have made of today's "famous" women (Riihanna, Jordan,etc

AnthonymcQAnthonymcQ Posts: 222
Forum Member
Katona, ....

Blah blah blah

Comments

• Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know don't care. I care enough to post this on here obviously but that's because I'm very bored.
  • Options
    kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could anyone answer that with any authority?
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would they care? What do those women have to do with voting?
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose they would have shared many of the opinions that were typical of their generation, despite rebelling about the issue of votes for women. So I think they would have disapproved of these women showing their ankles.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it depends on whether they exercise their right to vote or not.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'd be pretty horrified by this current generation of women who bake cupcakes and want to please men.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I think they'd be pretty horrified by this current generation of women who bake cupcakes and want to please men.

Do voters not bake cupcakes?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's fair to name Rihanna with those others, unlike them she has a fingernail of talent at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The suffragettes were of their era. The Pankhursts dressed very respectably in spite of their wild ways, and Emmeline herself could not have had a more respectable marriage. She voted conservative and fell out very badly with her left wing daughter. Like anyone else of her generation, she would probably wonder why these affluent women were dressing and behaving like prostitutes.

You might have more luck with Millicent Fawcett, who actually was rather a radical. She campaigned on behalf of the boers (against the Brits) in South Africa, for example, and campaigned against rape and the sexual abuse of minors, at a time when no lady mentioned such things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    It's very difficult to say because of the huge cultural and social changes since then, but feminism is about women's freedom and equality, and so I'd like to think they'd be happy that those woman are doing what they want with their bodies and have the choice to do so.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I'm confused!

OP are you meaning Suffragettes or Victorian Women generally!

If its the former then as long as all women have equal voting rights to men then I would assume that they would have no opinion! If its the latter, then they would no doubt be appalled!
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all this leads to providing the opportunity for Lady Gaga to throw herself under a racehorse then perhaps it's not a total waste of time.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I guess they'd be disappointed by the shallowness and extreme vanity of those women.
    And I doubt they'd like Rhiannas music.
  • Options
    Geeza BrakeGeeza Brake Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    http://ageofsteam.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/lilian-lenton.jpg

None of these pnuematic hussies as hot as ace 'gette arsonist Lilian Lenton, she can set fire to my loins anyday.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine they would be appalled at the complete lack of dignity in many women today, particularly people like Rihanna and co.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I think en masse they would have loved the song Umbrella.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I'd imagine they would be appalled at the complete lack of dignity in many women today, particularly people like Rihanna and co.

Probably but it'd be none of their business.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very difficult to say because of the huge cultural and social changes since then, but feminism is about women's freedom and equality, and so I'd like to think they'd be happy that those woman are doing what they want with their bodies and have the choice to do so.

This.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what would Sir Arthur Conan Doyle think about Rhianna etc?
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    If all this leads to providing the opportunity for Lady Gaga to throw herself under a racehorse then perhaps it's not a total waste of time.
    How would we know which is which?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://ageofsteam.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/lilian-lenton.jpg

None of these pnuematic hussies as hot as ace 'gette arsonist Lilian Lenton, she can set fire to my loins anyday.

Got a look of Jennifer love Hewitt about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would probably be appalled that they now have to work for a living.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    But what would Sir Arthur Conan Doyle think about Rhianna etc?

Probably mistake them for fairies.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »

Why not make your own and throw it.