Pet Hair!

wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello,

Anyone have any advice on dealing with pet hair getting all over the place? I have lint rollers but they only gather so much. My hoover is also a bit crap at gathering pet hair so I'm looking for something that I can run over the carpets and upholstery which will gather up all the hair (in the past, I had success with an old slipper) so I can just pick it up and chuck it in the bin.

Comments

• rache_rache_ Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I've found an ice scraper to be brilliant (the ones with rubber on one side, and a brush on the other). The brush collects it all up - I use it on the blankets the cats sleep on.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best things is get as much hair off the dog or cat when grooming so a really good brush each day collects a lot, then a rubber glove is good to remove it from sofas etc. and a rubber broom from carpets.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Car upholstery brushes are pretty good too and a good vacuum cleaner helps - such as Miele and Sebo.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep on top of the hair from my dog by hoovering her! I use a tool Dyson bought out a couple of years ago, you attach it to the hoover pipe , push down to make the bristles appear whilst you brush the dog, then when you let it go again all the hair gets sucked straight up the hoover! I find it invaluable and it has really made a difference to how much dog hair is all over the house, but you do need a dog who doesn't mind the hoover on them:D. I also use my grooming blaster when the dog's had a bath which blows out a lot of the old hair. You could use a furminator on your dog which will remove the undercoat and is meant to reduce shedding by something like 80%, but you have to be careful not to overdo it and take too much out. You also need a good hoover with a rotating brush on it, suction only ones don't beat the carpet and lift the hairs out. Our vets have a Dyson animal pull along, and it's fantastic, great on the carpet plus it's got a smaller attachment which also has a rotating brush in it that makes short work of chairs and furniture.
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Hello,

Anyone have any advice on dealing with pet hair getting all over the place? I have lint rollers but they only gather so much. My hoover is also a bit crap at gathering pet hair so I'm looking for something that I can run over the carpets and upholstery which will gather up all the hair (in the past, I had success with an old slipper) so I can just pick it up and chuck it in the bin.

Got2be glued hair gel, it tends to make them walk funny, especially if they have long hair, but then you can give them funky styles....:D
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just used an old shoe with a rubber sole. Only did the hallway and it brought up enough cat hair the size of tennis ball.