The Mail gets worse - now Katy Perry looks fat

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1317066/California-girth-Katy-Perrys-skin-tight-silver-dress-clings-wrong-places.html

Apparently, now Katy Perry looks a bit fat. :rolleyes:

FFS, have they got nothing else to write about like real news or anything?

Tbh, if she's got a belly, then there is no hope for most of us. How dare a grown adult woman not be the size of a small child - and if she was, they'd be calling her too thin.

Comments

• Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    the side photo shows no belly on her whatsoever, never mind a protruding one!!

there's no hope for any of us.

she looks great in her skin tight dresses
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    One of the most ridiculous Daily Wail articles I've read for a long time. Why can't they find real news to write about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1317066/California-girth-Katy-Perrys-skin-tight-silver-dress-clings-wrong-places.html

Apparently, now Katy Perry looks a bit fat. :rolleyes:

FFS, have they got nothing else to write about like real news or anything?

Tbh, if she's got a belly, then there is no hope for most of us. How dare a grown adult woman not be the size of a small child - and if she was, they'd be calling her too thin.

Couldn't agree more with this comment....Katy Perry is an attractive, grown up woman with a fantastic figure - I know the *jealous* comment gets thrown about an awful lot but I can't help wondering if the "Daily Mail Reporter" who wrote the article is a bitter female (I really expected the article to have been written by Liz Jones!)
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is standard fare from the Daily Fail, as we all know.

They've had a go at poor Kim Cattrall this week for not wearing Manolos and Chanel whilst out and about in Liverpool. :rolleyes:
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I wish I was that fat...
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tabloids such as the Wail are forever bemoaning the fact there are so many teenage girls fanatical about their figures and the fear of putting on so much as a pound or two, yet here we have an adult woman with a perfectly healthy, normal figure and they are zooming in on something that isn't even there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I wish I was that fat...

Me too. If I woke up with Katy Perry's body, I'd be one very happy lady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshMum64 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with this comment....Katy Perry is an attractive, grown up woman with a fantastic figure - I know the *jealous* comment gets thrown about an awful lot but I can't help wondering if the "Daily Mail Reporter" who wrote the article is a bitter female (I really expected the article to have been written by Liz Jones!)

Agreed! I usually hate the "they're just jealous" argument but in the case of the tabloids and trashy mags you do really have to wonder sometimes.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is standard fare from the Daily Fail, as we all know.

They've had a go at poor Kim Cattrall this week for not wearing Manolos and Chanel whilst out and about in Liverpool. :rolleyes:

How dare she look like a normal woman going to work! ;)
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is in no way fat, but people really do overrate her body. Ever seen her in a bikini?, totally average.
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    She is in no way fat, but people really do overrate her body. Ever seen her in a bikini?, totally average.

Sorry to pick on you, but it's comments like that really that starts the rot setting in.

She is not a model she is a singer with a normal shaped body. She should be judged on her talent not whether she looks like Elle McPherson in a bikini or not!

The fact that she is a confident woman who can wear what she wants without seemingly giving a shit seems to rile the Daily Mail for some reason. Maybe they could use the column inches wasted here on running stories on eating disorders and the media's ridiculous belief that anyone over a size 8 is fat.

I am so pleased I have a son as I can't imagine how hard it would be bringing up a girl in the type of world where warped views rule all.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funci wrote: »

She is not a model she is a singer with a normal shaped body. She should be judged on her talent not whether she looks like Elle McPherson in a bikini or not!

She knowingly sells herself as a sex symbol. Cleavage, make up, scandalous naughty persona....

her talent is minimal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry doesn't have a 100% flat tummy but few women do, and she is still very thin, not fat at all. I think most women would be extremely happy with her figure. Typical Daily Mail, focusing on one tiny flaw and making a whole article about it. As long as its a woman that is. I'm not exactly a feminist, but some of their non-stories about female celebs border on misogynism.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    If that is fat I want to be fat too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    She ain't fat..maybe she pregnant anyway , geewizz lol
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks perfectly slim to me. Not fat at all. Is it any wonder so many teenagers have body issues/eating disorders when the Daily Mail print rubbish like this?

Interesting how someone on that page has pointed out that Russell Brand slagged of the Mail on Newsnight last night, and then low and behold they rip his girlfriend's appearance apart the next day. They might be onto something there;)
  • funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

If she is pregnant then that really is beyond disgusting journalism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting how someone on that page has pointed out that Russell Brand slagged of the Mail on Newsnight last night, and then low and behold they rip his girlfriend's appearance apart the next day. They might be onto something there;)

i was just about to say this as well.

Coincidence? i think not.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She knowingly sells herself as a sex symbol. Cleavage, make up, scandalous naughty persona....

her talent is minimal.

She is a pop singer - not a model, she is sexy to many, she doesn't starve herself (thank god), she has millions of fans - that article hasn't even got the name of the cowardly "journalist" - £1 to a penny it is Neil Sean or Jan Moir - have you seen their bellies recently? :D
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member

I still would not call her body average - not by a long stretch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    Sorry to pick on you, but it's comments like that really that starts the rot setting in.

The fact that she is a confident woman who can wear what she wants without seemingly giving a shit seems to rile the Daily Mail for some reason. Maybe they could use the column inches wasted here on running stories on eating disorders and the media's ridiculous belief that anyone over a size 8 is fat.

I am so pleased I have a son as I can't imagine how hard it would be bringing up a girl in the type of world where warped views rule all.

I have boys as well and truth be told, I am worried about them growing up in a world where women are judged so severely on their looks and that the entire range of female beauty is not represented. There are too many boys out there that are growing up with images of women that are far too thin for their heights/body shapes with comedy boobs. I realise that there are many naturally slim women, my mother is one, but they are all in proportion. Katy Perry is not built to be some stick insect, and she is what I would consider to be slim, but very healthy looking.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

I did wonder if that is what the mail is trying to hint at
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    oh she looks absolutely horrendous, she needs to ditch Russell and come live with me!:p
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh just to prove they're not sexist, they've decided to tell us about a man approaching 60 who isn't as slim as he used to be http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1316900/Diet-Another-Day-Pierce-Brosnan-makes-secret-big-belly-piles-pounds.html

I would bet my mortgage that the people writing this crap are all fat ugly munters
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh just to prove they're not sexist, they've decided to tell us about a man approaching 60 who isn't as slim as he used to be http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1316900/Diet-Another-Day-Pierce-Brosnan-makes-secret-big-belly-piles-pounds.html

I would bet my mortgage that the people writing this crap are all fat ugly munters

as you say, Pierce is almost 60! and he's hardly morbidly obese in that pic, its just he tucked in white shirt that is doing no favours. Who writes this rubbish?

other amazing insights from the article include: "And with this new look, it's not likely Pierce will be asked to reprise his hunky James Bond role" like that has been at all speculated...and like its plausible that Brosnan wants to beat Moore's record of being the oldest Bond anyway:rolleyes: