Cheryl got Rebecca beaten

pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
Forum Member
I dont think Cheryl had a clue how to handle Rebecca,she has a talent cheryl can only dream of,with a better mentor Rebecca would have walked it.

Comments

• KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. Matt was always going to win, the voting stats show that.
  • Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe so too.
    Cheryl was too focused on Cher and Katie that she neglected the real talent. Congrats to Matt because at least someone worthy one. I reckon Rebecca did well in-spite of the neglect to come 2nd and at least she lost to a worthy contestant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl failed to see that Rebecca was the real talent in her category who needed pushing.

Having said that, even if Cheryl wanted to push Rebecca I don't think she would know how to. I think Cheryl's musical knowledge and taste is limited and she simply doesn't know a great deal about the Jazz/blues type era that was relevant to Rebecca.
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Squinty knows Rebecca has a far far far better voice that hers.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your thread title is very misleading. Should it not read something like: "Rebecca Didn't Win Because Cheryl Didn't Pay Enough Attention To Her"?
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Agreed,it was never hers to win,Matt had it in the bag from the get go...i do think Rebecca was neglected by biffa though who preferred to give her attention to mini me,which is maybe why Louis took her under his wing.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other factor that needs to be taken account of is mentor popularity.

Whilst I don't believe at all there is real competition between the judges,for those that think there is then Danni will have got Matt a significant number of votes.

She's been fantastic this year and her reaction at the final shows how much she cared. Cheryl has been Biffa and the unpopularity of her and and two other scummy proteges probably didn't help Rebecca in the slightest.
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Your thread title is very misleading. Should it not read something like: "Rebecca Didn't Win Because Cheryl Didn't Pay Enough Attention To Her"?

No because that is not what i am saying,i think it was more her not understanding music and the talent Rebecca has got.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl could have chosen more uptempo numbers for her as it was clear that her best performances came when she sang uptempo songs. By the time she performed Show Me Love, it was too late for her to claw back the lead that Matt had with the audience. Saying that, I think Matt was popular from week one and it would have been tough for Rebecca to beat him no matter what mentor she had.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    No.

Rebecca was closing in on Matt's lead once she started getting varied song choices. If she had any other mentor, she'd most likely have got songs that challenged her or required a little movement far earlier than that, giving her more than enough time to take over Matt's lead.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I believe so too.
    Cheryl was too focused on Cher and Katie that she neglected the real talent. Congrats to Matt because at least someone worthy one. I reckon Rebecca did well in-spite of the neglect to come 2nd and at least she lost to a worthy contestant.

Yes, this is how I feel too. I also feel some people didn't vote for Rebecca because of Cheryl being her mentor, they didn't want her to get a 3rd win.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm not really. I just think Matt had a massive vote to make him win, Rebecca has loads of fans too... it was just the battle of the singers... hence why it was quite close.
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't Cheryl did help much, but remember that Stacey (a similar type of singer but with much more personality) got 3rd last year with Dannii.
    As much as i love rebecca, I honestly don't think that having Cheryl as a mentor did make any difference. However, I do think that the wildcards did. Rebecca is too quiet and if you have 1/3 more contestants, the chances you will get noticed is lower.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vocally Rebecca and Matt are on a par but personality wise Matt has the edge. Rebecca's shyness is endearing but not engaging and that's why she lost. More people connected with Matt and that's got nothing to do with Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Matt was the top for every week except the first. His percentages were pretty much constant all the way through. To me that suggests that he had his fan base from the start. It was nothing to do with Cheryl to why Rebecca never won. In fact, I think Rebecca gained percentages all the time, so when someone was eliminated some of their voters defected to Rebecca rather than Matt.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Rebecca failed in her duet and was shown to be quite limited when compared to Xtina. The duet with Matt and Rihanna showed that he upped his game and matched his partnet.

Even Rebecca's xmas single paled in comparion to Matt, while he gave everything she just basically did her usual stand still and wiggle the fingers act.

With all the negitive press attention on Katie and Cher then Cheryl was left no choice but to support them more but I still say she treats all her acts equally.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jolene wrote: »
    I agree. Squinty knows Rebecca has a far far far better voice that hers.

TBF, all this year's acts had better voices than Cheryl Tweedy; yes, that includes Wagner & Wand Erection.
  • pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Rebecca failed in her duet and was shown to be quite limited when compared to Xtina. The duet with Matt and Rihanna showed that he upped his game and matched his partnet.

Even Rebecca's xmas single paled in comparion to Matt, while he gave everything she just basically did her usual stand still and wiggle the fingers act.

With all the negitive press attention on Katie and Cher then Cheryl was left no choice but to support them more but I still say she treats all her acts equally.

I am sorry but that is utter bollox.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

^^ This....the current thread title makes it sound like Ms Cole has gone back to her old ways....but has gotten someone else to do the actual hitting this time!!!

Poor Rebecca!!! See what you get for being in Team Cole and not winning!!!! :D
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People saying Matt would have won anyway but if Rebecca wasn't neglected by her dumb mentor who was busy licking Cher's + Katie's backside, it could have been a different story. She only lost the final by 5-6%.
    Matt was stronger in the 1st 6 weeks but I think Rebecca was better in the last 4 weeks. Matt had a strong following right from the 1st week and never dipped. Rebecca started off slowly but gained votes as weeks went by. Biffa totally neglected poor Rebecca and then realised very late on that Rebecca was her main hope of winning.
    Cheryl is so stupid going by her personal favourites and not by talent
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    People saying Matt would have won anyway but if Rebecca wasn't neglected by her dumb mentor who was busy licking Cher's + Katie's backside, it could have been a different story. She only lost the final by 5-6%.
    Matt was stronger in the 1st 6 weeks but I think Rebecca was better in the last 4 weeks. Matt had a strong following right from the 1st week and never dipped. Rebecca started off slowly but gained votes as weeks went by. Biffa totally neglected poor Rebecca and then realised very late on that Rebecca was her main hope of winning.
    Cheryl is so stupid going by her personal favourites and not by talent

or you could say if Matt didn't have laryngitis and a crippling chest infection for the last 2 weekends she wouldn't have got anywhere near him and it was only is ill health that gave her the chance to pick up the floating voters.

Its all academic - Matt had more votes than Rebecca every week and he won. She is going to get signed anyway so why not concentrate on that instead of moaning about Cheryl.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    It was Colleen what lost it for her ..............
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I don't think Cheryl ruined Rebecca. But she ruined Treyc, big time...
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or you could say if Matt didn't have laryngitis and a crippling chest infection for the last 2 weekends she wouldn't have got anywhere near him and it was only is ill health that gave her the chance to pick up the floating voters.

Its all academic - Matt had more votes than Rebecca every week and he won. She is going to get signed anyway so why not concentrate on that instead of moaning about Cheryl.

I'll say what I need to say and its my opinion. OK? :mad::mad::mad:;):D
    I was aware of Matt's illness too
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca's performances on Rock Week and last night performing Sweet Dreams showed that she was not only capable of faster upbeat songs but that actually her voice is stronger when she performs them.

A lack of imagination didn't help her. Still she came second. One of them had too out of her and Matt.