Options

Why isn't there an art section in digital spy?

Comments

• Options
    LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Woolworths sold copies. I quite like it, in retrospect.

I like it but it's not my kind of thing in all honesty, I'm more into the abstract style but nothing wild like.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it but it's not my kind of thing in all honesty, I'm more into the abstract style but nothing wild like.

Not my thing either but it was vilified in the 60s 70s.
    I enjoy most art. Like conceptual art. Instalations, steam punk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not my thing either but it was vilified in the 60s 70s.
    I enjoy most art. Like conceptual art. Instalations, steam punk.

You might like my friends work then http://phillipbreen.smoothfolio.com/gallery/754399
    his drawing where perfection when we went to tech together
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,046
    Forum Member
    The only art discussion here is the semi-annual "Modern art is rubbish" thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »

There was an anti Tracy Emin thread:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

But that's why I'm wondering there the forms are? Because like if there was one there would be more room for different discussions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might like my friends work then http://phillipbreen.smoothfolio.com/gallery/754399
    his drawing where perfection when we went to tech together

Some of its quite good. What medium does he work in?
    It looks like the kind of stuff a lot of youngsters are doing hoping to get a break with games co.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It looks like the kind of stuff a lot of youngsters are doing hoping to get a break with games co.

That's exactly what he's doing lol idek what medium I shall ask him and find out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But that's why I'm wondering there the forms are? Because like if there was one there would be more room for different discussions.

It went along the lines of "The OP didn't like Tracy Emin, so all modern art is rubbish, requires no talent, and isn't art."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It went along the lines of "The OP didn't like Tracy Emin, so all modern art is rubbish, requires no talent, and isn't art."

But that's their opinion it shouldn't effect yours, that's the point of the internet and forms like they're there to express your opinions on the matters you choose. If you disagree with that person you should tell them.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    Art section? Come off it. There's a gay thread in Chatter which is close enough:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Art section? Come off it. There's a gay thread in Chatter which is close enough:D

When does sexuality have anything to do with an art section?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You would be surprise at how links can be made. I swear there are some so incensed by sexual predjudice they could justify knocking down the sistine chapel.:eek::D
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's simple: Art is a high-brow discussion topic and Digital Spy (certainly since being taken over by a pap magazine company) is a low-brow place for TV trivia for you young braindead. Look how they changed the 'TV Programmes' to 'TV Shows' to try and pander to the trendy young.

This place is more Katie Price than Rembrandt. A place to sell advertising to the young who buy things and the older people can go to hell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's simple: Art is a high-brow discussion topic and Digital Spy (certainly since being taken over by a pap magazine company) is a low-brow place for TV trivia for you young braindead. Look how they changed the 'TV Programmes' to 'TV Shows' to try and pander to the trendy young.

This place is more Katie Price than Rembrandt. A place to sell advertising to the young who buy things and the older people can go to hell.

Hey there are some young and cultured folk about.... I am not one of them but hey ho!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But that's their opinion it shouldn't effect yours, that's the point of the internet and forms like they're there to express your opinions on the matters you choose. If you disagree with that person you should tell them.

It didn't, and I did :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm 20 and I don't think that way? But I do know what you mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member

He says a bit of everything but mostly it's digital work~
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He says a bit of everything but mostly it's digital work~

I thought it might be. Has he studied digital art?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it might be. Has he studied digital art?

He's currently studying in uni I think, unlike me though sadly.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member

Nothing, of course. Although in my experience anyone who is interested in the "arts" has tended to be a bit, ahem, fruity:D

That Grayson Perry fella don't do no favours with his frock wearing:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing, of course. Although in my experience anyone who is interested in the "arts" has tended to be a bit, ahem, fruity:D

omfg I can't even, what is air
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I quite like him:) His cute girlie thing is amusing. I think he is kinda his art.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on Gilbert and George tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I quite like him:) His cute girlie thing is amusing. I think he is kinda his art.

That's quite a nice thought :3