Can't believe NOBODY turned for Bronwen!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Singing Fields of Gold. I had goosebumps the entire way through, I was awful shocked nobody turned around. She was brilliant. What a shame. Loved her.

Comments

• sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Singing Fields of Gold. I had goosebumps the entire way through, I was awful shocked nobody turned around. She was brilliant. What a shame. Loved her.

Me too!
    Think that just made the show look ridiculous.
    Jessie says they are waiting for something 'epic', just after describing Bronwen's performance as 'epic'. Stupid.
  • TomityTomity Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Annoyed me so much. Shes literally the only one who has affected me this series. She was amazing. Im so astounded
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom would have turned round had he not been full.

Jessie J really irritates me on this programme. She's picked a cringeworthy old fashioned rocker instead!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't
    believe it either
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Did noone else notice Jessie never gave her reason for not turning round.Whatever was said was edited out.Shows what a joke this show really is as this girl was astounding.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did noone else notice Jessie never gave her reason for not turning round.Whatever was said was edited out.Shows what a joke this show really is as this girl was astounding.

I'm sure someone will tweet her and ask her why she didn't turn around. I personally think Jessie is a pain in the arse though.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so upset, but its just the way it goes at the end. Happened last year too. Didn't Will listen to a few performances before he filled the final spot.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    It is unfair really to the ones that audition near the end.She was far better than most that have got through already.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a bit full of ear self in the vt.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too was gobsmacked. I loved her voice, the song, the version of it. Unbelievable decision:confused:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    I thought she was a bit full of ear self in the vt.

She wasn't, and that's got nothing to do with anything anyway. She was the best singer, and it's absurd that no one turned around. This show may be shooting itself in the foot for a second successive year.
  • sogosogo Posts: 213
    Forum Member

Me too. Agree with you.
    Looks so very much like a set up. Build up the 'Will has 1 spot to fill' tension etc. All very convenient for the programme makers. I really think it is all pre-arranged.

I think Bronwen is probably too good for the show anyway. Hope she gets something from the exposure. She is class.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe it, what a fantastic voice. Unbelievable what load of rubbish the judges are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic singer. It did tickle me how Tom said he couldn't believe he'd left a Welsh person behind!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Hopefully some producer snaps her up.She has star potential.I have heard so many versions of Fields of gold but that one blew me away.Shes definitely one we may see in the future.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member

I said in the live thread that we didn't hear why Jessie didn't turn around and joked that it was probably because of her lack of diction. ;)
  • Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she did have a really nice voice, but it was a bit dull for me. I much preferred Abi. Bronwen was a bit too Eva Cassidy #200 for me. :o
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't even remember her, I don't know why everyone's going on about her not getting through :confused: I thought it was a shame that loads of those who were in the montage didn't get through though, like the woman who sang Creep and the duo who sang Billie Jean :(
  • bleary_eyedbleary_eyed Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had to rewind it and watch her again a couple of times. To think that the vintage girl with the... erm... weird voice got through as well.

I'm sure somebody, somewhere will have spotted Bronwen though, so I don't think that was the last we'll see of her.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I suspect she'll get opportunities from having auditioned.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to post when I saw this thread. My goodness that voice. It was so pure and gorgeous. Jessie's inability to spot her unique talent made her look ridiculous. Mind you, I have no doubt the outcry over it will do Bronwen no harm at all! :)
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't, and that's got nothing to do with anything anyway. She was the best singer, and it's absurd that no one turned around. This show may be shooting itself in the foot for a second successive year.

Well she did to me, mr high horse. Matters to me I am afraid.

I don't think she was the best singer so far either. Each to their own, I don't think a singing failing to get through will be the end of the show.
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounded like she had too much reverb?
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched her again and I seriously can't see anything special, I wouldn't have turned for her. I don't get all this craze, I feel like I'm missing something :p
  • Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Just watched her again and I seriously can't see anything special, I wouldn't have turned for her. I don't get all this craze, I feel like I'm missing something :p

I remember the first time I heard Eva Cassidy - utterly gobsmacked and got goosepimples. The same when I heard Julianne Regan singing 'Martha's Harbour'. There have been so many 'similar' singers since then now - it just doesn't have the same effect on me now, they lack the original impact IMO.

Abi on the other hand tonight gave me goosebumps - so different.