Kevin from Grimsby

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I love him! He's such a great addition to the show, the best new pro they've had in ages I think.

Hope he and Susanna stay in for some weeks to come!

Comments

• An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    What's with the Kevin FROM GRIMSBY bit? I have no doubt that is where he is from but why are they highlighting it?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with the Kevin FROM GRIMSBY bit? I have no doubt that is where he is from but why are they highlighting it?

I don't know, it is getting a bit old now actually.
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because so many of the dancers are international - nice to highlight some Northern talent :)
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    I LOVE that they keep introducing him as Kevin from Grimsby!
  • VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he first appeared I thought "Who's this dweeb?" but I must confess I've warmed to him since. Seems like a good 'un.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    He's my new favourite pro, absolutely adore him! ::o:D

Can't really take to sussanna, but hopefully he'll have many more series with celebs more to my liking. :)
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I too am liking him, Grimsby or not.:) Seems to have a good sense of humour too. Did you notice when Suzanna said everyone would love him for 2 minutes one of the dancers piped up in the background - "That's all it takes" ?
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    When he first appeared I thought "Who's this dweeb?" but I must confess I've warmed to him since. Seems like a good 'un.

Same here.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's cute, funny, likeable, not too buff or orange, makes Susanna do plenty of proper dance steps.

Best new addition to the show.
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    I LOVE that they keep introducing him as Kevin from Grimsby!

Me too.The clue's in the name yet someone so fab has come from there!! As a fully fledged Northerner I'm allowed to say that ;)
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    He's cute, funny, likeable, not too buff or orange, makes Susanna do plenty of proper dance steps.

Best new addition to the show.

He's a thoroughly nice guy as well as a great dancer. Wonderful addition to the show. I don't know whether Karen's happy demeanour this year is because of getting on better with her celebrity partner, or because her real life partner is there on the show, but it's a delight to see such happy people on my telly on a Saturday night.

Oh, and for the OP, it's KevinFromGrimsby, you know - all one word. ;):p:cool:
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Zoe started saying it like that, though Bruce did point out where he was from in week 1 alongside the international new pros ;)
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    He's a thoroughly nice guy as well as a great dancer. Wonderful addition to the show. I don't know whether Karen's happy demeanour this year is because of getting on better with her celebrity partner, or because her real life partner is there on the show, but it's a delight to see such happy people on my telly on a Saturday night.

Oh, and for the OP, it's KevinFromGrimsby, you know - all one word. ;):p:cool:

Probably a bit of both :) I do like the atmosphere on the show this year, more so than usual.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When all the new pros made a little intro film about themselves it was how he introduced himself and it's stuck.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wonderful dancing family Keith and Judy were great competitors in their day, sister Joanne great competitor now - think he is a great addition to the show
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's absolutely lovely too.
  • VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should continue this new trend by referring to Anton as 'Anton from Light Entertainment Hell'.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    As norbitoniteoriginallyfromcleethorpes, I love him!
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Two Minute KevinFromGrimsby as he's now known.

He's so clearly loving being on Strictly, like a big Labrador puppy or like Hairy Dave with actual dance talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should continue this new trend by referring to Anton as 'Anton from Light Entertainment Hell'.

And Brucefromneolithictimes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Or Two Minute KevinFromGrimsby as he's now known.

He's so clearly loving being on Strictly, like a big Labrador puppy or like Hairy Dave with actual dance talent.

Hahaha! :D
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nearly as good is that Ola's partner is AshleyFromWilmslow
  • blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like two minutes with him please :D:o
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because most of the pro dancers are foreign.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    blindside wrote: »
    I'd like two minutes with him please :D:o

So would I. Karen Hauer (I think I spelt her surname correctly) very lucky woman to be engaged to KevinFromGrimsby

hold on if they get married does she become KarenmarriedtoKevinFromGrimsby