Options

If your a women and you vote for Jim tell me why !

Comments

• Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    Don't you do anything for anybody else?

yes of course I do, I'm a surgeon, I have helped save many a life, at home though household chores are divided up equally, if I make breakfast today, my husband will make breakfast tomorrow, so on & so forth
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    yes of course I do, I'm a surgeon, I have helped save many a life, at home though household chores are divided up equally, if I make breakfast today, my husband will make breakfast tomorrow, so on & so forth

Most women who iron their husbands shirts employ the same system within their households, the 'chores' are shared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most women who iron their husbands shirts employ the same system within their households, the 'chores' are shared.

well when it comes to laundry I iron my own clothes, I would love to say my husband irons his own shirts but he hates ironing so he sends them to the local laundry service, he wouldn't dream of asking me to iron his shirts.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they "know their place"?

I dunno. Just guessing aloud...

JEEZE! WHO made you God!!! astounding arrogance!!>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of those stuck in the 1950's lived long and harmonious marriages, not sweating the small stuff.

WELL SAID!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well when it comes to laundry I iron my own clothes, I would love to say my husband irons his own shirts but he hates ironing so he sends them to local laundry service, he wouldn't dream of asking me to iron his shirts.

Is there nothing he could do for you that you can't or hate doing?

You'd save a lot as a couple on laundry costs if you worked together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WELL SAID!!

Some of those weren't in harmonious relationships at all, a lot of women were trapped in marriages with brutal men because they didn't have access to the household finances. In the 1950's, generally, if you were female you had to have a male co-sign any bank loan you applied for. My grandmother was one such woman, who often told me the happiest day of her life was the day my grandfather died.
  • Options
    Dave MacDave Mac Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well when it comes to laundry I iron my own clothes, I would love to say my husband irons his own shirts but he hates ironing so he sends them to the local laundry service, he wouldn't dream of asking me to iron his shirts.

That's kind of sad.

But if it works it works I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there nothing he could do for you that you can't or hate doing?

You'd save a lot as a couple on laundry costs if you worked together.

No I'm fairly self sufficient, I'm one of those "freaks" that loves cleaning a bathroom, I find it really cathartic. He pays his own laundry costs so it doesn't really affect me and he's happy too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of those weren't in harmonious relationships at all, a lot of women were trapped in marriages with brutal men because they didn't have access to the household finances. In the 1950's, generally, if you were female you had to have a male co-sign any bank loan you applied for. My grandmother was one such woman, who often told me the happiest day of her life was the day my grandfather died.

And many were, WHY feel the need to tell others HOW to live, and that the way YOU subscribe is right!!! Ironing your husbands shirts dosent make one some tied to the sink "Stepford wife"!! what gives YOU the right to judge anyone!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

I dont think anybody is saying that things in early generations were fare toward women there has been vast improvements ..thankfully..but its also about choices. You choose to iron your clothes and send hubbies to laundry..your choice ..others choose to iron their husbands shirt..why is that wrong and youre right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The rights to equality for women in this country have been resolved, and I don't think the issue of who irons men's shirts was considered important enough to be applied to a legal paper.

There are still many unhappy marriages now and I suspect that that unhappiness is not down to who irons whose shirts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And many were, WHY feel the need to tell others HOW to live, and that the way YOU subscribe is right!!! Ironing your husbands shirts dosent make one some tied to the sink "Stepford wife"!! what gives YOU the right to judge anyone!!

I'm not judging people who do, I'm judging someone who thinks that it is automatically a women's "job" to iron her husbands shirts there is a vast difference!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not judging people who do, I'm judging someone who thinks that it is automatically a women's "job" to iron her husbands shirts there is a vast difference!

Ok i get your point but can i ask ..if your husband needed a shirt ironing in an emergency and asked you ..would you be insulted he asked you and refuse or do it? This is bearing in mind he sends his shirts to laundry and doesnt know how to iron and its closed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rights to equality for women in this country have been resolved, and I don't think the issue of who irons men's shirts was considered important enough to be applied to a legal paper.

There are still many unhappy marriages now and I suspect that that unhappiness is not down to who irons whose shirts.

Actually equality between the sexes hasn't totally been resolved, there is still a large pay gap between male & females.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Because they can? Because they are actually allowed to, without being called blind or dumb or even "Bless"?

(you're)

Quite. 'Bless' is such a lazy insult.

I like him because I find him far more interesting and intriguing that all the rest of the house put together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What do you think of a woman that automatically thinks it is alright to call a man bad names, but that it is not alright for a man to call a woman bad names?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazziekay wrote: »
    Ok i get your point but can i ask ..if your husband needed a shirt ironing in an emergency and asked you ..would you be insulted he asked you and refuse or do it? This is bearing in mind he sends his shirts to laundry and doesnt know how to iron and its closed

It's an interesting question, in 15 years it has never arisen, I don't think he'd ask, but if I saw him in need I'd probably offer, I'm not that much of an ogre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually equality between the sexes hasn't totally been resolved, there is still a large pay gap between male & females.

In any job I have had I have received the same salary as a man would if doing the same job.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    He didn't just say his wife ironed HIS shirts, he was flabbergasted that Luisa didn't iron her husbands shirts & even went on to say next we will be seeing adverts in lads mags for irons.

And I am not petty, unthinking, ignorant or stupid I just don't like people who are stuck in the 1950's.

I think flabbergasted is too strong an expression to use. I really don't think Jim is 'stuck in the 50s'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not long finished a huge pile of ironing, mine, husbands and kids, HE on the other hand was doing the weekly shop!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think of a woman that automatically thinks it is alright to call a man bad names, but that it is not alright for a man to call a woman bad names?

I don't think that's right either, you can't demand equality and then turn around and say you can't do that to me because you are male & I am female.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's an interesting question, in 15 years it has never arisen, I don't think he'd ask, but if I saw him in need I'd probably offer, I'm not that much of an ogre.

Lol i just wondered. Thanks for answering :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Hes funny!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In any job I have had I have received the same salary as a man would if doing the same job.

I don't know what career you have, but definitely in certain professions there is a large gap between males & females. It's called "Gender Pay Gap" if you want to google it.