This is so wrong on many levels (Heather Locklear)

2»

Comments

• funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right I'm playing devil's advocate here, but...

She has grown up really quickly down to her parent's lifestyle and for her this is normal. It's socially acceptable in these circles for girls this age to be thrown parties like this. (I used to work as a nanny for a well known family whose matriarch was a supermodel)

I'm not saying it's healthy to sexualise your children while they are still growing. You only have to look at the Minipops and Mandy Smith (younger viewers may have to google these!) to see why the UK shouldn't take America's lead.

Peer pressure plays a big part in this too. A close friend of mine hired a limo for her daughter's 16th (much to my shock) because her other friends' parents had done the same for their parties.

Like it or not, girls are maturing very quickly these days. You only have to look at X Factor's Cher Lloyd and Harry Styles who are the same age!
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has Heather Locklear got to do with it? It clearly states that it was Richie who held the party and Heather was filming in Canada.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    incy wincy wrote: »
    What has Heather Locklear got to do with it? It clearly states that it was Richie who held the party and Heather was filming in Canada.

I have to agree with that, and if you look, when she was out with her mum (picture of them both in an article) daughter was in a nice outfit that I would let my girl go out in (Except for the high heels - which she can't actually walk in anyway!)

Just glad that my husband and I have the same ideas about kids upbringing and he wouldn't let her out in anything like that pink number either!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, I cant beleive she has only just turned 13, she looks way older then that.

I would never have been allowed to dress like that at 13, my mum and dad would never have let me out of the house like that.

What was Richie thinking of letting his daughter dress like that at such a young age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    wow 13? that is so wrong she dressed like this while with her dad too which is even more shocking my dad still goes mad at me now if he thinks i'm revealing too much flesh. why can't children just be happy to be children why is there such a rush too grow up.