Options

Anyone else surprised Andrew is being kept on as a regular?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
Ricky Grover has revealed that he will be on the Square for the next year at least. I'm quite surprised to be honest - I haven't warmed to the character of Andrew at all and find him very deadwood to be honest. I presumed he was brought in solely for the purpose of being the scapegoat in Heather's murder?

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    He's an actor in a soap. Why would it be surprising ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, I was expecting it. Not particularly pleased, but what can you do?
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I thought the same thing. He is a good actor though and he has family in the square. I wonder what they will do with his character after the murder storyline is cleared up - although it could go on a long time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Must admit I thought the same thing. He is a good actor though and he has family in the square. I wonder what they will do with his character after the murder storyline is cleared up - although it could go on a long time.

I can't see Rose or Andrew having longevity in the square to be honest. Cora yes but Rose just annoys me. Perhaps this "criminal" she was sending raunchy letters to will track her down and she'll get a storyline out of that?
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will he live with Dot?
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Under Kirkwood yes, but a new ep coming in soon and remember the actor who played Danny Mitchell signed a year contract (I believe) yet he was still axed when Kirkwood took over. He may of signed the contract but you don't know.

I personally think there is no need for him any more and that Kirkwood keeps lots of deadwood characters, he should take the blame and go to prison then when the truth comes out that Ben murdered Heather then he should be released from prison but no return to the square.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think without Heather Andrew might come into his own, especially with the aftermath of Heathers death. I felt so sorry for him tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have actually always thought Andrew's an interesting character, and I'm actually really glad he's staying another year!

I imagine that Kirkwood wanted him gone after this storyline, but the new EP saw the potential maybe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. He's a terrible actor.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see him struggling with his anger problems that have been set off because of Heather's death.
  • Options
    stitcherjennystitcherjenny Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I'm very surprised, I thought he'd be off now that Heather has gone. I wonder what they gave got planned for him...?
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Yes, he was terrible tonight.
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    If they bring Nick back then Andrew will have lots more potential storylines. Would be interesting to see how he gets on with his half brother!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he was terrible tonight.

I really don't understand how you can say this?! The actor who plays him was very convincing in the scene when he rushed through the crowd and then entered Heather's flat.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I figured the EE police will have banged him up on circumstantial evidence by at least Heather's funeral, so yeah, count me abit surprised too at that newsbit.

I mean, other than Dot and his mum, he has no one left to talk to now [and especially when George is picked up by Darren off-screen, then he'll seriously have nothing to do]...
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew has a lot of potential as a character IMO. He's more interesting than his weird mother.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Though, it would be very sweet if Andrew is the one that reveals the truth [with Phil, obviously, still having to be the one to do what he should've done months ago and turn Ben in]...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Andrew has a lot of potential as a character IMO. He's more interesting than his weird mother.

...Yeah I think Rose might have a slightly unhealthy view of her son (something we havent seen on EE since Steve Owen and his mum.... remember?)
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda but Andrew as a character shows potential :) he's much better than the mother, Ricky was excellent in that scene when rushing to Heather's flat I fellt sorry for Andrew I'm interested to see how his attitude changes when/if he interacts with Shirley.
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he will get it on with Sharon. Sharon in the vic, with a husband handy with his temper. Be like the Den & Angie days.
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I quite like him and think he could be interesting on the square, maybe he could take some of his anger issues out on Ben, someone needs to smack him one and fast!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    rasbo wrote: »
    Wonder if he will get it on with Sharon. Sharon in the vic, with a husband handy with his temper. Be like the Den & Angie days.

but he's big and hairy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so we have to put up with for a whole year..i hope we get a good years worth of scenes with him in then..i do like his bad temper though
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised - expected him to leave soon after Heather's death. I don't really rate the actor either (though admittedly he was good when he found Heather tonight) but I suppose there's still room for improvement and he's certainly not the worst actor/character on the square right now.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Andrew has some potential. It would be awesome to see him find out Ben killed Heather, and what would he do?

I'm glad he's sticking around. He's a mixture of both a good guy and a bad guy.