What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    my mum in law was dying from cancer and my wife had to stay over at her house 3 times a week to help her.one night i woke up at 350 am in my own house and outside the window i could see like silvery smoke just hovering there.it was a shape but not like a person.i tried to refocus me eyes and then the smoke darted away.i knew then that she had passed away.next morning my wife phoned me at 630am before i left for work and i asked how mum was.she said she had looked in her bedroom and she was sleeping.at 1130 my wife called me crying that mum was dead.when the doctor came he said she had died during the night.
  • AceHydroAceHydro Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Glad I can contribute to this thread finally!

My great aunt is currently in the last stages of lung cancer, and her two daughters stay overnight at the hospital basically waiting for the inevitable to happen (:().

Anyway they were sleeping in two chairs either side of the bed, one woke up and said to the other that they had a dream that my aunt's sister (my grandma) was standing at the edge of the bed.

Her other daughter said she had the exact same dream and when they looked at my great aunt she was reaching out in the direction my grandma was standing in their dreams :eek:.

Hope this makes sense don't post on here often more of a lurker.
  • PotsdamerplatzPotsdamerplatz Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I was in a car crash on the night Princess Diana died. It was nothing major - the taxi I was travelling in just slid off the road in the darkness and ended up in a ditch.

I finally got home around 6am to hear the news of what had happened in Paris. It was kinda spooky. :o
  • pyromancerpyromancer Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine told me about a dream he'd had one night....I wish he hadn't...!

In the dream, a friend of ours was swimming in a pool and disappeared under the water. When she didn't reappear, he became worried and dived in to get her. He found her lying at the bottom of the pool, dragged her up to the surface and got her to the side. Realising she wasn't breathing he started to resuscitate her and as he was trying, a shadowy hooded figure in black appeared and started to try and pull her away while he desperately tried to hang onto her.......At this point he woke up with a start and realised he'd been dreaming. Relieved, he sat up in bed to collect himself, that's when he noticed the shadowy black hooded figure standing in the corner of his room looking at him ....! He then sat bolt upright in his bed and it took him a moment to realise he hadn't actually woken up the first time but had dreamt he had. Relieved again and feeling a bit silly, he looked to the corner of the room to prove to himself there was nothing to be afraid of and sure enough, there was nothing but his coat hanging on the back of the door.

He laid back down, pulled the covers up over his head and closed his eyes, that's when he heard the voice say..............."I dare you to look again"....! :eek:
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pyromancer wrote: »
    A friend of mine told me about a dream he'd had one night....I wish he hadn't...!

In the dream, a friend of ours was swimming in a pool and disappeared under the water. When she didn't reappear, he became worried and dived in to get her. He found her lying at the bottom of the pool, dragged her up to the surface and got her to the side. Realising she wasn't breathing he started to resuscitate her and as he was trying, a shadowy hooded figure in black appeared and started to try and pull her away while he desperately tried to hang onto her.......At this point he woke up with a start and realised he'd been dreaming. Relieved, he sat up in bed to collect himself, that's when he noticed the shadowy black hooded figure standing in the corner of his room looking at him ....! He then sat bolt upright in his bed and it took him a moment to realise he hadn't actually woken up the first time but had dreamt he had. Relieved again and feeling a bit silly, he looked to the corner of the room to prove to himself there was nothing to be afraid of and sure enough, there was nothing but his coat hanging on the back of the door.

He laid back down, pulled the covers up over his head and closed his eyes, that's when he heard the voice say..............."I dare you to look again"....! :eek:

That made me shiver!!!
  • CoolCatFlashCoolCatFlash Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    del37 wrote: »
    my mum in law was dying from cancer and my wife had to stay over at her house 3 times a week to help her.one night i woke up at 350 am in my own house and outside the window i could see like silvery smoke just hovering there.it was a shape but not like a person.i tried to refocus me eyes and then the smoke darted away.i knew then that she had passed away.next morning my wife phoned me at 630am before i left for work and i asked how mum was.she said she had looked in her bedroom and she was sleeping.at 1130 my wife called me crying that mum was dead.when the doctor came he said she had died during the night.

I had an almost exact experience to this. I'm not sure if I've posted it before but I'll quickly write what happened as it's so similar.

Seven years ago I was working in a new city centre office block and sat next to the window. The window was a floor to ceiling window, like most new offices, and couldn't be opened. At around this time my granddad had been ill for years on and off and was in hospital, though he'd spent so much time in and out of hospital that it wasn't anything that would cause immediate concern.

Anyway, on this day I was sat next to the window and for some reason looked up from my work to see what I can only describe as a large wisp of grey/silver smoke rising up to just above my eye level and linger for a second or two before dispersing. The way it rose was like it had escaped from a window on the floor beneath me, like when steam rises out of an oven when you open the door, but like I said, the windows in our building couldn't be opened so it couldn't have escaped from a floor below.

About an hour after that I had a phonecall from my mother to say the hospital had rang and my granddad had slipped in to a coma and to expect the worst.

He died later that night and I always wonder if that strange smoke I saw that day was his soul leaving. It's not something that spooks me out or scares me, it's just something I find weird.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I have posted this already in this thread (last year though) but it has the same feeling of the story by del37 and coolcat.
    A few days after my Grandma's funeral it was time for me to make my 200 mile car journey back. My routing took me over the Severn Bridge and past Bristol where my Grandma was born and lived until she moved in her 50s.

As I approached the Severn Bridge, I noticed a rainbow had appeared and as I got closer it got brighter. By the time I was driving across the bridge the spectrum of colours were magnificant - very striking and bold. It felt like I was driving through the end of it - it felt magical.

I continued to follow the rainbow until the M4 Junction for Bristol and shortly after it disappeared. I really took this to be significant and it gave me a sense of peace and closure to my Grandma's death.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This didn't happen to me, but to a friend of my dads (let's call him Bob)

So Bob goes on a golfing trip to Scotland with some of his friends, one night they go to a posh Indian restaurant and halfway through his Chicken Curry Bob starts choking.

Not just a little bit though, Bob has started to turn bright red and is now struggling to breathe, he is taken to hospital and thankfully the bone is removed and he is fine.

The next day, Bob is preparing to go home when he gets a call from the doctor, confused he goes to the hospital where the doctor tells him that there was a problem with the bone - Bob getting more and more confused asks 'what's the problem' - its at this point the doctor tells Bob the bone doesn't belong to a chicken.

That evening, health and safety stormed into the posh restaurant and in inspection of the kitchens found piles and piles of dead rats, skinned and prepared ready to eat...
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This didn't happen to me, but to a friend of my dads (let's call him Bob)

So Bob goes on a golfing trip to Scotland with some of his friends, one night they go to a posh Indian restaurant and halfway through his Chicken Curry Bob starts choking.

Not just a little bit though, Bob has started to turn bright red and is now struggling to breathe, he is taken to hospital and thankfully the bone is removed and he is fine.

The next day, Bob is preparing to go home when he gets a call from the doctor, confused he goes to the hospital where the doctor tells him that there was a problem with the bone - Bob getting more and more confused asks 'what's the problem' - its at this point the doctor tells Bob the bone doesn't belong to a chicken.

That evening, health and safety stormed into the posh restaurant and in inspection of the kitchens found piles and piles of dead rats, skinned and prepared ready to eat...

So they do tests on bones stuck in throats ASAP, and A&E doctors have nothing better to do than call people up and tell them crap like that?:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    Hardly supernatural, but I was spooked last night! I was watching telly with a dim light and a Yankee Candle burning as I normally do of an evening. I was watching The Dark Charisma of Adolf Hitler on BBC2-hardly relaxation material, but it was an interesting watch. Anyway, he was giving a speech as Reich Chancellor and notably paused for what seemed like an eternity before he spoke. (I'm getting there.)

Once launched into this speech my candle near the telly went haywire. The flame started darting all over the place, rose up well out of the jar and then the jar shattered down one side. Made me jump out my skin! :eek:

This reminds me of something that happened a few months ago. I have a fireplace in my bedroom, and on top a mirror and general knick knacks. In the top corner of the mirror frame I had a laminated prayer card with a picture of Jesus on. One night I was just minding my own business when the prayer card fell into a lit candle on the mantlepiece and literally exploded! There's probably a completely logical explanation for it (probably a draft that blew the card down), but it seriously freaked me out.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not spooky like most posters' stories, but I found my experience a bit creepy and odd.

I was told by my home room teacher to stay after the last lesson as she wanted to talk to me about my mid-term test (it wasn't good). After the bell went and everyone left, I went over and sat in a seat next to her desk. She was about to start talking when a teacher came by and said there was a phone call for her in the staff room. She told me to wait while she'd go and take the phone call.

It was an hour and 20 minutes before she returned. She seemed upset, but politely apologised for being gone for so long and offered to give me a lift home as it was getting dark outside. Then we had a talk about my general academic performance. She seemed tense and distracted, which wasn't like her as she was normally relaxed, outgoing and friendly. She seemed to realise this herself because she cut my reply short and suggested we should talk another time and we should go home. We went down to the staff room on ground floor as she needed to collect her bag and stuff. I waited outside the opened door as she went in for her desk.

She was pulling on her coat in front of her desk when she suddenly looked up and said "Really?" From the door I responded "Sorry?", thinking she was asking me, but she wasn't looking at me. She nodded at someone in front of her, but out of my sight, while going "Hmm hmm." Like she was agreeing with the talker, but I couldn't hear anyone talking. I peered in a bit to look at who she was talking to. There was no one there. She was alone in the room. I called out to her, "Miss?" She didn't respond. She stood there with her coat half on her while nodding and made some affirmative replies once in a while.

I wasn't scared but felt a bit uneasy. After a minute or two of her 'chatting' with whomever, she said "All right, see you tomorrow. Bye!" She looked down as she pulled on her coat properly and picked up her bag, and walked towards the door. She stopped when she saw me waiting at the door and asked "What are you doing here?" Though this conversation, I eventually realised she had completely forgot we had a talk earlier and that she was supposed to give me a lift home. She gave me a lift home anyway.

During the drive home, she lectured at me about staying so late at school and that I shouldn't expect a teacher to give me a lift home "whenever you like". I didn't have the guts to tell her what really happened. It didn't occur to me to tell someone else about it, though.

As someone once suggested a while ago, she probably experienced a dissociative break. Maybe because of the phone call. But for a long time I didn't know what the hell that was about.
  • Jasmine JoleneJasmine Jolene Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Don't let the thread die!
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    When I was about a kid, my best friend lived across the grass, we were friends from 4 till about 12 - his Dad drowned in the river when he was a toddler so it was just him, his Mother and Sister....even though the house was built in 1969, I could always sense a ghost in the house for some reason. There was always photos of him around the house and in the evenings when I visited I hated going to the toilet when we were all in the front room. The feeling of fright is still with me - darkness on the landing, switching on the light, going up the stairs - bedrooms in darkness.
    My friend obviously picked up on this fear - he started saying the house was haunted by a ghost called Georgie. Staying the night we would lay in darkness and say "Georrrrgie, Georrrrgie. Georgie's here...." I was petrified - one time I saw my Dad arrive home after his nightshift at 5am and I ran out of the house to escape from "Georgie".

Another time after he had bought a CB radio (this was mid 80's and we'd talk to local truckers aged 10!!! - I remember we went down to meet one in the local car park!! WTF!!??. Anyway he said Georgie would reply on the CB - he called him and I swear to God the CB clicked everytime he called his name....my friend was probably doing something but again, I was terrified!

Not really a ghost story - but it scared me as a kid.

Just remembered another non ghost story with the same friend. The local famous tramp - Dick used to live rough and as local legend had it used to eat hedgehogs to survive!! One time he had a shack opposite the graveyard - me and my friend used to frequent the graveyard quite often and sit in a tree and look around the graves! - we started throwing stones and moss onto the roof of his abode....after about 10 minutes Dick emerged with an air rifle. We walked off and he follows us around, we speed up, he speeds up....not long until we were running away haha
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About 6 months ago I was on one of my 'waking presence' shifts (like now actually) and I was due to start at midnight. So,at 11.30 I was leaving the house for my lift and my husband was in bed and so was daughter dear. Boy child was on a sleepover elsewhere. Got in the car & my driver said "someone is waving you off luv". I looked back and a figure was at my window waving . It was male,youngish (about late 20s) and had longish dark hair. My husband is in his 40's and keeps his head shaved into the wood and daughter has long blonde hair. I'm quite feisty but this threw me so I asked the driver to come back in the house with me to check this out. We went in & I checked everywhere downstairs & all was fine with back door triple locked as always at night. Checked upstairs & hubs & daughter were sound asleep & the bathrooms & boy's room were empty. So we left & I watched carefully for a repeat but nothing happened. Yet I know what I saw and anyway it was the driver who noticed it first so it wasn't just something I alone saw. Our house feels fine to me,nothing spooky,although my son won't stay in it alone at night even though he's 15 and generally fearless. Just says he doesn't like being on his own ,yet he stays in my sister's house in the same street alone when she is on holiday.I was told by a gypsy in my teens I have "followers & protectors".....haven't we all dear:D and I've had a few odd things happen but nothing massive. But this felt real & that made it sinister/creepy to me.
  • demon freakdemon freak Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    bump.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago, I was standing in my kitchen with my back to the door. I thought I heard someone come in but I was busy and didn't turn round. A few seconds later, someone touched my shoulder, I turned round and I was alone. My kids were in the living room and my husband was in the shower. It only took me a split second to turn round and not enough time for anyone to have left the kitchen without me hearing or seeing. I don't believe in ghosts and stuff but I was freaked out. My family, of course, just laughed at me!
  • NerdyMageeNerdyMagee Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I've had lots of scares but nothing 'real'.

Although I had a dream something tapped me on the shoulder while I was in the bath, and was woken by something tapping my shoulder. Y'know, like when you're dreaming and you hear a noise and it turns out to be a real noise waking you up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might have told this before but til I was 10 we lived in a pub that had an attic flat that've as unused (we lived in the main living area below it). The attic flat was very creepy and there was one room that no-one would dare go in to. I remember there being a single chair and a child's toy drum in there. Whenever you went past it you got the feeling of not being wanted, very much a sense of something evil being in there. I wasn't the only one who felt it either, my older sisters (between 12 and 20 yrs older than me) have all had the same experience of this room and on seperate occasions.

There were also creepy experiences in the flat we lived in. The 'big' room (where all the junk was stored) had a dumb waiter and on it was an old cup and saucer. No-one dared to even touch those. There was a cold corner were we had an organ as well. We didn't half store some rubbish!

The only room in the entire place (inc the pub) that wasn't creepy was the one room that should've been. We had a disco room that had been unused for years, local bands used to practise in it tho. All walls were painted with drawings of skeletons and various monsters (like Godzilla and King Kong) but I never felt unsafe or nervous in it.

In my room one night something tapped in my window 3 times, very precise in the timing. I told my sister the story a few weeks ago and the same thing happened to her once as well but in her room which was next to mine.

We never actually saw anything, but there was definitely some sort of presence there.

I've been to a ghost hunt night (on Halloween with Metro Radio about 17yrs ago), but aside from a random black carrier bag blowing in the wind we saw absolutely nothing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been to a ghost hunt night (on Halloween with Metro Radio about 17yrs ago), but aside from a random black carrier bag blowing in the wind we saw absolutely nothing.

:D Same here. Friends and I decided to go ghost-hunting at an abandoned house that was rumoured to be haunted. I don't see myself as a sceptic or a believer, but I do like to keep an open mind.

All but me had an experience - one heard whispered but harsh words ("Get out!"), one saw a movement in the hall doorway, one felt a spot of extreme coldness, etc. - but all I could think about throughout the three-hour stay were the legal status of the house (who gets to have it if no one claimed it?), why wasn't I seeing and hearing anything like they were, and the fact I was bored. :o
  • latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek: :eek:

I'm on my own in an office just as it's starting to get a bit dark, and I'm s***ing my self reading some of these,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was around 12, I had a friend who lived in a cottage in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of a forest. I lived about 1 mile away and I would occasionally ride my bike over to his house. One winter's afternoon, I approached his house on my BMX and I heard a woman shouting. She was standing on the edge of the forest next to his house (across a small field) and she gestured me to come over to her. She had long blonde hair and was wearing some sort of dress. With her being a woman, I guess I felt at ease to approach. As I got closer, I realised that it wasn't a woman, but a man with long hair (or possibly a wig) and a cold shiver went down my spine. I will never forget the look on his face. He just looked evil. I immediately ran (left my bike) to my friend's house and banged on the door. His dad answered and we went outside to look for the man, but there was no sign of him.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    :D Same here. Friends and I decided to go ghost-hunting at an abandoned house that was rumoured to be haunted. I don't see myself as a sceptic or a believer, but I do like to keep an open mind.

All but me had an experience - one heard whispered but harsh words ("Get out!"), one saw a movement in the hall doorway, one felt a spot of extreme coldness, etc. - but all I could think about throughout the three-hour stay were the legal status of the house (who gets to have it if no one claimed it?), why wasn't I seeing and hearing anything like they were, and the fact I was bored. :o

Was this in Amityville?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Long term lurker here and first ever post!

Some years ago I had been at a friend's house and left at about midnight. I drove to the end of her street and turned left but then decided to pull into the side of the road to choose a CD to listen to on my journey home. It was a residential area, very quiet and deserted. As I was looking through the CDs on my lap I "saw" something go across the front of my car, can't explain to this day what it was, it was like a fast moving dark shape. I sat there frozen and just knew that if I looked to my left someone would be looking into my passenger window.
    I pushed the CDs off my lap, and drove off, not looking back. It was odd and very unnerving.

A couple of nights later I was talking to my friend on the phone and happened to mention the odd thing that had happened at the end of her street. She said something like "Oh my god, I've got goosebumps, have I ever told you what happened there?" Turns out that a motorcylist was killed at the end of her street, by veering across the road and onto the pavement, hitting a wall.

The next time I went up there I asked her to point out where the accident had happened and it was the exact spot where I had my experience.

Of course I'll never know what happened that night but it was very very odd, and I've never felt anything like it before or since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Was this in Amityville?

:D They liked to think it was. I believe what they saw and felt was down to their imagination. One screamed, shrieked and jumped so much that I wanted to kick her face in.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An insect (earwig LOL) flew in to my ear & lodged itself deep down & had to be syringed out by a doctor - it was gross.
This discussion has been closed.