Forum Member
    "It's not too bad...the first hour is £8"

WHAT THE ****?!

That the westend of London parking rates isn't it? :o
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh this is just all you need, some do gooder telling people they can't park.. He'll get thumped if he isn't careful.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    West Bromwich Albion! :D
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £15,000 for a parking space??

For that money I'd be wanting valet parking and waiter service!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that you just have to display a valid ticket in a prominent position so that the checker can see it. I don't think it matters whether it's inside or outside.

...until it starts raining and the ticket cannot be read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That the westend of London parking rates isn't it? :o

We parked near The Albert Hall in London last year and for 4 hours it cost us £20.00 and that was online early paying...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The football ground has been there since 1900. It was there before you were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't having to pay to watch West Brom punishment enough?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is disgusting using your disability to try to get around the parking laws.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we get the elderly disabled people moaning... So in tonights programme we have had posh mothers with their little darlings that are unable to walk a few feet and have to be driven up to the door., the disabled at a football match, yobs.. and beside the road balliffs. It's been good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is disgusting using your disability to try to get around the parking laws.

They're a nightmare outside the ground. With crowds using the pavement and a car blocking it, the only way around it is to walk into the busy road. Selfish people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another 'disabled' person trying to use their disability to get away with not paying something.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite, there is no way I would move to somewhere that close to a stadium whether there was a parking problem or not.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Is this legal what those guys are doing? Surely if the ticket isn't displayed prominently inside the car then it isn't legally ticketed... Or am I wrong in my thinking.

I thought feeding of machines was not permitted - returning to the vehicle before the ticket expires and buying another ticket to extend your stay. I know feeding of parking meters is not permitted, not sure what the situation is with buying an actual ticket.

I can see the wording or the regulations being changed soon to counteract those guys who buy tickets on their behalf in that the ticket must be displayed inside the car.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Quite, there is no way I would move to somewhere that close to a stadium whether there was a parking problem or not.

There's no way that I'd ever park a car that close to a football ground. We all know how over excited or angry fans can be when they come out of a game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordon Bennett they're a motley crew with The Black Beret...lol
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    I thought feeding of machines was not permitted - returning to the vehicle before the ticket expires and buying another ticket to extend your stay. I know feeding of parking meters is not permitted, not sure what the situation is with buying an actual ticket.

I can see the wording or the regulations being changed soon to counteract those guys who buy tickets on their behalf in that the ticket must be displayed inside the car.

Its only not allowed if it states no return in the car park rules. Otherwise it is perfectly legal to replace an expired ticket.
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they giving publicity to every nut-job and crackpot going tonight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Its only not allowed if it states no return in the car park rules. Otherwise it is perfectly legal to replace an expired ticket.

I often pop back and renew tickets if there is no wording to state that there is no return etc.. I've always made sure I've read the sign backwards, sideways and upside down to cover myself...lol
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    We parked near The Albert Hall in London last year and for 4 hours it cost us £20.00 and that was online early paying...

Yes the rates around any London hotspot are just ridiculous. But then all London prices for anything are just dreamt up and then tripled.

If I have to drive to London and I avoid it at all costs as I can't handle traffic like that, I park in a nice free area of Southgate and get the tube into the Westend.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member

We should be thanking people like that man who know all the rules. Unless you want to live in a world were we just accept everything passed down from on high.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As I said it's been a goodie tonight...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes love I bet you didn't know your husband had so many parking fines. rolleyes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the rates around any London hotspot are just ridiculous. But then all London prices for anything are just dreamt up and then tripled.

If I have to drive to London and I avoid it at all costs as I can't handle traffic like that, I park in a nice free area of Southgate and get the tube into the Westend.

We only parked in London that time as it was on a sunday and we weren't due to get back to the car till gone 11pm.. Not a time in the night I want to be wandering around London...lol

I NEVER park or drive in London, it's too busy and hair raising for me... I let hubby do that for me.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    as i thought they have no powers to detain you

I would just drive off the police wont stop you its a civil matter

I still think the police being involved in this is a waste of resources