Heart Stations

Comments

• digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has published a searchable list of the Who's On Heart wrong guesses here

http://pimpmypivot.com/whos-on-heart-2014-wrong-answers-list/

Quite a long list, makes you wonder how much longer the competition will go on for.
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiwigi wrote: »
    Someone has published a searchable list of the Who's On Heart wrong guesses here

http://pimpmypivot.com/whos-on-heart-2014-wrong-answers-list/

Quite a long list, makes you wonder how much longer the competition will go on for.

Another one here as well http://michaelisherwood.com/2014/01/whos-on-heart-competition-2014-list-of-guesses/
  • tezenistezenis Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Now that the Reals are a part of the Global village all the PCs appear to have been kept on to run the new Hearts.

Here's a question, with them only having two shows a day and a couple of token locals at the weekends to manage - how do they fill their days?

After the daily breakfast de-brief there can't be much to do. They won't have music logs to produce or audit and there's certainly not much regional output to worry about.

On the surface they look like nice little earners.
  • wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tezenis wrote: »

On the surface they look like nice little earners.

Same as Smartboy then!!
    Pinching a living!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    wckartist wrote: »
    Same as Smartboy then!!
    Pinching a living!!

They're probably all far too busy running their radio stations to waste time name calling on a radio anorak forum.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news - Nick Snaith back on Heart Afternoons and Matt Wilkinson on early breakfast from next week.. Dan Mills back this Saturday all 80's.
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cut6 wrote: »
    They're probably all far too busy running their radio stations to waste time name calling on a radio anorak forum.
    But we can see you have time for name calling though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Good news - Nick Snaith back on Heart Afternoons and Matt Wilkinson on early breakfast from next week.. Dan Mills back this Saturday all 80's.

Not according to this page: http://www.heart.co.uk/london/on-air/schedule/?date=2014-06-02

Hearts website does confirm Dan Mills is back though
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That actually wouldn't be good news...I personally think Matt is great, love his voice.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    That actually wouldn't be good news...I personally think Matt is great, love his voice.

Early breakfast, Think more will hear him at daytime myself.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems somewhere who does the update for the website schedule put Nick Snaith in by accident. It's all be changed around now.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady
    Hear me tonight
    'Cos my feeling
    Is just so right
    As we dance
    By the moonlight
    Can't you see
    You're my delight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio times still showing Nick Snaith on the heart network from Monday with Matt Wilkinson on 04:00 to 06:00 looks to be an error as the heart website still has Matt on 13:00 to 16:00
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margherita Taylor's page on heart London is back up she is now under "weekends"

http://www.heart.co.uk/london/on-air/weekends/
  • nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Radio times still showing Nick Snaith on the heart network from Monday with Matt Wilkinson on 04:00 to 06:00 looks to be an error as the heart website still has Matt on 13:00 to 16:00

Nick has left Heart and Global from what I understand, it's simply a website error (someone hasn't updated the schedules and the defaults have not been updated) , he won't be back on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nobjockey wrote: »
    Nick has left Heart and Global from what I understand, it's simply a website error (someone hasn't updated the schedules and the defaults have not been updated) , he won't be back on the show.

Correct. Nick doesn't even work at Global no more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long will I love you, into Return of the Mac.......

KILLED THE MOMENT.

Shocking placement of songs.
  • Scotty_BScotty_B Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely not. Just the kind of thing smartprogrammer berated real for. Mind you they played 2 songs and one of them wasn't happy? I don't believe you.

Truly terrible excuse of a radio station, suffice to say 105.4 is no longer on my car presets anymore.
  • michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Tony Anstis this morning from 10 for a few mins, and by 10:10 he was playing his 3rd song! So after the news and who's on Heart they played 2 songs and he must have only played about 2 minutes each of them!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    How long will I love you, into Return of the Mac.......

KILLED THE MOMENT.

Shocking placement of songs.

No, that's perfectly acceptable scheduling.

With format like Heart's, the idea is to actively try not to place two songs of the same soundcode/mood/tempo next to each other. The bigger the contrast between songs, the more it underlines the "variety" aspect of the format and, hopefully, there will be such a broad range of styles in a sweep of songs that there should be at least one that appeals to each sub-section of the audience. Why would you want to hear two downbeat ballads in a row?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Tony Anstis this morning from 10 for a few mins, and by 10:10 he was playing his 3rd song! So after the news and who's on Heart they played 2 songs and he must have only played about 2 minutes each of them!!!

Just had a look at the songs he played

10:03 Baby, I Love Your Way - runs for just over 4 minutes was cut off after 3

10:06 Get Lucky, Daft Punk - runs for 4 minutes played for 4 minutes

10:10 Bad Romance Lady GaGa

Who's on heart wrong guesses are in A to Z order and not a mess like they were: http://www.heart.co.uk/win/whos-on-heart-2014/2014-wrong-guesses/revealed/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Buck wrote: »
    No, that's perfectly acceptable scheduling.

With format like Heart's, the idea is to actively try not to place two songs of the same soundcode/mood/tempo next to each other. The bigger the contrast between songs, the more it underlines the "variety" aspect of the format and, hopefully, there will be such a broad range of styles in a sweep of songs that there should be at least one that appeals to each sub-section of the audience. Why would you want to hear two downbeat ballads in a row?

No this isn't Hearts practice at all. Those 2 songs are clearly not ment to be played side by side, it was awful. It killed the moment, Heart doesn't normally slam 2 totally different types of songs together like that , clearly slipped thru the net. That was exactly what Real used to do and we were assured such clashes wouldn't happen once real became Heart. SP will explain I'm sure, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen again.....? :o
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally confused since the changes.

I sometimes like to catch all 80s all night - When I chose it as listen again on the radio player it wasn't all 80s. Then, I double checked the schedule and it only listed all 80s all night on Friday morning, but it's not listed for this Friday morning. Any info of this would be appreciated.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »

I sometimes like to catch all 80s all night - When I chose it as listen again on the radio player it wasn't all 80s. Then, I double checked the schedule and it only listed all 80s all night on Friday morning, but it's not listed for this Friday morning. Any info of this would be appreciated.

80s all night has been scrapped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »

Stand by real soon for a big announcement ;-) you will soon have 80s 24/7 if you wish!