Options

What is the point of Israel attacking Gaza?

Comments

• Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    The Caliphate has already been established.
    Mostly by foreigners on people who don't want them & don't agree with what they do.
  • Options
    The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only sensible conclusion one can draw from events is that hamas are deliberately placing civilians in danger in order to get the body count ashigh as possible thereby stiring the blood of muslims in the US and Europe. After the latest casualties, one can just picture the goup hugs, high fives and air-punching at hamas HQ.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a group of people act like pests than those being pestered will treat them like pests.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

Newsflash

The Caliphate has already been established.

Until Shia attack Sunni, Iraq decides to reclaim its country and Syria follow suit to fight against IS.

A Caliphate would never work in the modern day due to the religious differences and on going power struggles within Islamic states. Iran would ally with Syria and the Saudi's would join them.

I don't see ISIS being to conquer Iran as easy as Iraq.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Has Israel stopped murdering babies yet?

No, but they again they never actually started. If you are asking the same of the religeous psychopaths of hamas though, no would be the answer. Imagine placing civilians next to rocket launch sites. Sickening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    So you think Israel bombing schools and hospitals killing school children and patients is ok?!

What appears to be happening is that Israel drops leaflets asking hamas to take civilians away from missile launch sites but then hamas immediately orders civilians into tbe area or does not pass on the warnings.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »
    If a group of people act like pests than those being pestered will treat them like pests.

So when Germany was intent on taking over the UK by force, we were pests to fight them off where we?
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    What appears to be happening is that Israel drops leaflets asking hamas to take civilians away from missile launch sites but then hamas immediately orders civilians into tbe area or does not pass on the warnings.

Where is the gaurantee civilians will see these leaflets? Mos of them are hiding inside buidings hoping that an IDF bomb won't land on them or nearby + you think they all pop out on the off chance that israel have leafleted the area?

I think international troops need to go in and if Hamas or any other group try and take on international troops who would be there to try and make things better in general, then let international troops deal with them and or anyone trying to stir it up.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Has Israel stopped murdering babies yet?

When Hamas fires rockets into Israel, do you think they care where they land?

They don't even know where they are going to hit, but it could be a playground or hospital too, and you can bet they won't care if they did kill a child.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So when Germany was intent on taking over the UK by force, we were pests to fight them off where we?

Germany were the pests. They instigated attacks on our country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes we were pest because we were stopping them from taking over Europe and Russia. They would have let us off if we hadn't tried to stop them.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    Mostly by foreigners on people who don't want them & don't agree with what they do.
    That's pretty much what the Palestinians think about the creation of Israel. Islamic Caliphate or Israel, take your choice. It's no different to the people who don't want them on their land.
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    And here we have it.. Ethnic cleansing... the very same reason we bombed the crap out the Serbs.

A pity that some on here equate the people of Gaza to animals... Really gives you an example of their mindset...

Suggest you read this:

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/29/134956180/criminals-see-their-victims-as-less-than-human

Quite disgraceful but not unexpected..

NPR is one of the good things about the US.

In fact, it is excellent.

I don't "get" prejudice against groups. It is obvious to me that people are individuals who one takes to or doesn't - but then we live alongside many types. What I am against is the behaviour of being territorial for its own sake and seeking to force everyone into behaving in the same way. That is more common in some groups than in others. It can define them but whenever it sounds like I am being critical of a group, it is only shorthand for their behaviour.

Where the above flaws exist broadly in populations, they have been acquired from what is a tiny number of senior individuals who are living at any particular time. At high level, I wouldn't describe those with symptoms as not being human - actually I don't really believe that all humans are, by definition, superior to all animals so that helps me - but instead I am sure they are always mentally unstable and, when together, are very susceptible to group hysteria.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be ethnic cleansing to move the so-called "Palestinians" back where they actually came from to Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Could easily say the same for those European and American Jews that flocked to the region. How about the Ethiopian Jews in Israel, send them back. Oh I remember don't need to do that the white Jews already want them out.
    Until Shia attack Sunni, Iraq decides to reclaim its country and Syria follow suit to fight against IS.

The Shia have been attacking Sunni's in Iraq as soon as Maliki was given power hence the sunni uprising.

Maliki has been trying to reclaim territory lost to IS with the help of his Shia militias and they keep getting routed.
    A Caliphate would never work in the modern day due to the religious differences and on going power struggles within Islamic states. Iran would ally with Syria and the Saudi's would join them.

Democracy hasn't worked in the region. They have tried kingship, dictatorship, democracy. Time to go back to political system of Islam which is caliphate.
    I don't see ISIS being to conquer Iran as easy as Iraq.

That's not the aim yet. Consolidate power in the Sunni states first and then look at Iran.

They have been saying that for 3 years now yet IS keeps expanding.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So why don't that normal people of Gaza, tell Hamas to bugger off.

Maybe they need to stand up to Hamas to stop using them as pawns in this game.

I know that someone will say that Hamas will threaten them with violence, but Hello they are going to be placed in a situation were they are more than likely to be killed anyway and not just them but their children to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could easily say the same for those European and American Jews that flocked to the region. How about the Ethiopian Jews in Israel, send them back. Oh I remember don't need to do that the white Jews already want them out.

If the Palestinians want Israel back then they either fight for it with a war, or go to the UN and fight for it politically.

If they keep firing rockets into Israel nothing will happen and they will get wiped out by Israel.

Till they get that through their heads then people in Gazza will keep dying and it will be their fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I'm NOT Israeli. I'm very English......and Jewish :)

Then you should be angered by Zionists hijacking the Jewish religion to further their aims of control and power.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QofSheba wrote: »
    Exactly.

The first paragraph can apply to the Palestinians now.

"""When it was first established by Herzl, Zionism was an inspirational movement, mobilizing a downtrodden people, offering them a glimmer of a future, an alternative to the oppression and humiliation of the European ghettos in which they were isolated and imprisoned."""

"""At its birth, Zionism was morally unblemished and spiritually innocent.
    They even asked themselves a simple but fundamental question:
    "By what right could Zionists expect to create a state in Palestine?"
    That country already existed upon the world map. It had borders, and most crucially, it was inhabited. It was hardly conceivable that a Zionist state could be established in Palestine without the displacement and dispossession of the people who already lived there. Unless, of course, these people could be persuaded to surrender their own aspirations to those of Zionism. Otherwise the project would have to be abandoned or pursued by force. This dilemma was the womb in which was to be nourished the tragedy of the Middle East."""
    ]
    (The Palestinians by Jonathan Dimbleby)

And this goes back to what I have previously said that Zionists were behind the drive for an Israeli state and had a lot more to do with how it came about than many want to admit, or even realise. Pointing it out on this thread included, with posts reported and removed. That doesn't change history though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the Palestinians want Israel back then they either fight for it with a war, or go to the UN and fight for it politically.

If they keep firing rockets into Israel nothing will happen and they will get wiped out by Israel.

Till they get that through their heads then people in Gazza will keep dying and it will be their fault.

Or and this may surprise you Israel could simply end the occupation of Gaza, West Bank and East Jerusalem. Stop building settlements, stop blockading Gaza and let the people have their state.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Shocked" White House Slams "Fabrication" After Israel TV Leaks Damning Transcript Of Obama-Netanyahu Phone Call

While everyone's attention is glued on Russia and whether Obama can successfully launch World War III, things are going from bad to worse when it also comes to US relations with Israel. Recall that here things were already on the verge of disaster after for some reason, Kerry was unleashed to "arrange" a ceasefire with Israel, when in reality the SecState somehow managed to infuriate every single feuding faction (there are a lot of them), Israel included, after Haaretz wrote that "Kerry ruined everything."

So what happened next? Something rather stunning according to the US State Department, and which according to BBC reporter Paul Danahar, constitutes "a severe violation of a private discussions" - Israel’s Channel 1 decided to publish a Hebrew transcript of a portion of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Barack Obama’s telephone conversation which took place on Sunday, in which Obama was insistent that Israel unilaterally halt all military activities in the Gaza Strip. As is quite clear by now, Israel rejected, and the bloodshed continued.

The transcript, as shown by the Times of Israel was as follows:

The following is an English translation of the Hebrew account of the talk given in the report:

Barack Obama: I demand that Israel agrees to an immediate, unilateral ceasefire and halt all offensive activities, in particular airstrikes.

Benjamin Netanyahu: And what will Israel receive in exchange for a ceasefire?

BO: I believe that Hamas will cease its rocket fire — silence will be met with silence.

BN: Hamas broke all five previous ceasefires. It’s a terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of Israel.

BO: I repeat and expect Israel to stop all its military activities unilaterally. The pictures of destruction in Gaza distance the world from Israel’s position.

BN:
    Kerry’s proposal was completely unrealistic and gives Hamas military and diplomatic advantages.

BO:
    Within a week of the end of Israel’s military activities, Qatar and Turkey will begin negotiations with Hamas based on the 2012 understandings, including Israel’s commitment to removing the siege and restrictions on Gaza.

BN:
    Qatar and Turkey are the biggest supporters of Hamas. It’s impossible to rely on them to be fair mediators.

BO: I trust Qatar and Turkey. Israel is not in the position that it can choose its mediators.

BN: I protest because Hamas can continue to launch rockets and use tunnels for terror attacks –

BO: (interrupting Netanyahu) The ball’s in Israel’s court, and it must end all its military activities.

One can quickly see why the US would quickly disavow any credibility of this report: after all it wouldn't look very good for the leader of the free world if the leader of another state, one which on top of it all is reliant on the former for continued military and economic support, flat out rejected what amounted to a demand from the US. As expected the denial was prompt with the US administration calling the quotations "fabrications", "shocking", and "disappointing"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-29/shocked-white-house-slams-fabrication-after-israel-tv-leaks-damning-transcript-obama

Interesting. So who's lying, Israel or America?
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    You are funny :) First you put "i see you dont have a reliable source. ok" then you put "one just needs to turn on your telly. plenty evidence of israels crimes"

Then you further put "bbc has universally been criticised for its pro israel bias".

So I can't watch the BBC to know whats going on as thats too pro Israel for you, but we can watch something like Al Jazeera which will tell me how bad Israel is? Ok. I've got it now. ;-)

Thanks for your great input.

As if him and his like are going to bother me. :)

Thats very good points, but as you can see on here. It seems some people trust journalists to tell them all the "facts" of whats going on especially if its reporting on something anti Israel.

Otherwise the advice is just to watch tv as youll see everything on there!!

Its going to fall on deaf ears with certain people on here. They only want "anti Zionist" quotes. We would have learnt by now that "human shields" don't exist <rolleyes>

My "like"? You mean people like me who believes that all human beings on this planet are of equal worth, as opposed to your supremacist view?
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing what you can do by terrorising & murdering people, apparently you must think this is honourable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amazing what you can do by terrorising & murdering people, apparently you must think this is honourable.

Fighting against a tyrant in Assad and Maliki. Yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or and this may surprise you Israel could simply end the occupation of Gaza, West Bank and East Jerusalem. Stop building settlements, stop blockading Gaza and let the people have their state.

They are only going to do that if the Palestinians fight for it politically in the UN.

Israel is there if they don't like it then go to war or fight politically.

The Palestinians are the ones who are losing out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Islamist Terrorists seem to think it is honourable.