Options

Did you get any kids last night ?

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
Did you get many Trick or Treaters calling last night ?
We only got one knock at our door, which we ignored.
If the kids know you are in, you'll be up and down all bloody night !

Comments

• Options
    Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a basement full now...
  • Options
    jamesdeanukjamesdeanuk Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah a few, I hope they enjoyed my milky treats.
  • Options
    BaffrobesBaffrobes Posts: 3,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a basement full now...

'shakes fist'

Fritzllll!
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    The door went 18 times, there were at least 2 children each time. we managed to scare them witless on most occasions ;)
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    there was no kids here last night as there is some weird thing about going out on a sunday..they all went out on saturday night
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    The door went 18 times, there were at least 2 children each time. we managed to scare them witless on most occasions ;)

Did you try my hankie trick on them:eek:
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a hairy hand that distributes from the letterbox, scares the shit out of them
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. The joys of living in a block of apartments means no annoying visitors (salesmen, JWs, ToTers).
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    We have a hairy hand that distributes from the letterbox, scares the shit out of them

I need no outside assistance to pull that one off:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Non here.

Think the Boiling Oil and Ice cold water dished out in previous years puts them off. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About seven or eight groups or twosomes. Little kids with a grown up or elder sibling. No one horrid or menacing.
    They looked so sweet in their costmes.
    I did buy some bags of individually wrapped up hallowe'en chocolates and a bag of lollipops from ASDA. It's just a bit of fun for the kiddies..
    My cut off point was 8.30pm. I didn't get anymore callers after then anyway.
    No harm done in my street anyway. Maybe we were just lucky, and after reading some of these posts I think we were.
  • Options
    GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple.

The people two doors down were looking after the grandkids and mentioned they would be doing it. We're a bit tucked away so don't normally get anyone around.
  • Options
    himerushimerus Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two groups of three small children all wonderfully dressed up and having fun. We admired their costumes and provided sweets. It was all very innocent but they were all neighbours children who we knew. Strangers or older children would be viewed with more caution.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We only got one knock at our door, which we ignored.
    Same here. It should have been obvious from our lack of Halloween tat, lights off and curtains closed, that we weren't biting, but I guess some are too greedy to pay attention.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They know better than to disturb me.
  • Options
    rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    himerus wrote: »
    Two groups of three small children all wonderfully dressed up and having fun. We admired their costumes and provided sweets. It was all very innocent but they were all neighbours children who we knew. Strangers or older children would be viewed with more caution.

Same here!! The amount of effort that had gone into the costumes was amazing and we were more than happy to give them the bags of sweets we bought in advance just in case!
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...but I got three outside their school this morning...those bull bars were a great investment.;)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    They know better than to disturb me.

Why, what have you done to them in the past to make them think that?
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    About seven or eight groups or twosomes. Little kids with a grown up or elder sibling. No one horrid or menacing.
    I did buy some bags of individually wrapped up hallowe'en chocolates and a bag of lollipops from ASDA. It's just a bit of fun for the kiddies..
    No harm done in my street anyway. Maybe we were just lucky, and after reading some of these posts I think we were.
    That's how it was for me too.
    :)
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get a single kid last night.

I've definitely got to get that telescopic sight fixed, before next Halloween. :D
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    I didn't get a single kid last night.

I've definitely got to get that telescopic sight fixed, before next Halloween. :D

A night vision scope is worth the money too...trust me ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »

yeah, same. We had a pumpkin lantern in the window, so they probably knew it was all right to knock.
  • Options
    ChasingSundaysChasingSundays Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt get any calling at my house, so i had to eat the majority of the sweets i'd bought intead and very nice they were too :)
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't get a single one. My neighbours are all old and they had no grandchildren visiting.
  • Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    We had loads but have way too many sweets left which i think i'll finish off tonight whilst watching tv.