• MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

And you know this how, how how? :rolleyes:
  • leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Tom daleys a athletic man as a gay man myself I don't care .hes a man with a lot of talent we should remember the talent not sexuality I would respect him no matter what he is or not he has bin through a lot this past year or so with losing his dad n I'm positive that his dad would be proud no matter if he was straight or gay .sum people are biest he's still person no matter wot he is .rest my case
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    And you know this how, how how? :rolleyes:

Cause' the sky is blue, water is wet. Some people around here should of gone to Specsavers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Cause' the sky is blue, water is wet. Some people around here should of gone to Specsavers.

:yawn:And you've been in his mind and his bedroom have you? :rolleyes:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Those points are correct ...but how does that prove a persons sexuality..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    is this thread a form of bullying i am beginning to wonder
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nheaney wrote: »

How? It's people debating a valid point.
    Some will think he is, some will think he isn't.

As long as it doesn't descend into homophobia, it's fine.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vada the lallys on Tom, me dolly eek!

And the riah! Tis pure spun gold!

Lets troll on down to the olympics!

Ive already 'ad the 'barclays' whilst watchin Phelps!:o:D:p

Ohhh and Foster ! 'Es a big butch homie!:D

Now, anyone that has billingsgate about our homie Tom can 'troll off'.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How? It's people debating a valid point.
    Some will think he is, some will think he isn't.

As long as it doesn't descend into homophobia, it's fine.

No it's not a valid point. It's people supposing he's gay and thinking they know best from the way he acts. He might be he might not be. Who gives a flying XXXX?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not a valid point. It's people supposing he's gay and thinking they know best from the way he acts. He might be he might not be. Who gives a flying XXXX?

The debate itself is perfectly valid.
    What isn't is people saying they somehow 'know' he is or isn't.

Personally, I don't care. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The debate itself is perfectly valid.
    What isn't is people saying they somehow 'know' he is or isn't.

Personally, I don't care. :)

The thing is that people have no right whatsoever to say they know for sure he is gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is that people have no right whatsoever to say they know for sure he is gay.

Which is more or less what I said in my previous post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't people leave him alone.. All I care about is him winning a Gold Medal.. He has worked hard for the Olympics and it was his and his fathers dream to win a Gold..
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine he is but he is only 18...give him some space to discover himself.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't people leave him alone.. All I care about is him winning a Gold Medal.. He has worked hard for the Olympics and it was his and his fathers dream to win a Gold..

It's the same with Colin Jackson: you look at everything he has achieved but the entirety of his hugely successful and long career has been reduced to an argument of: "Is he gay? Is he gay? Why doesn't he just admit it??"

He shouldn't have to 'admit' to it if he doesn't want to. Maybe there isn't even anything to admit at all!!

It seems folk cannot help but get into histrionics over a person's sexuality even to this day, especially if it is a sportsman or woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    he is only 18...give him some space to discover himself.

This. People are jumping to conclusions because of people they know and stereotypes.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member

Why? Cause' this is the real world. If you live in the spotlight rightly or wrongly questions & whispers & gossip will happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Cause' this is the real world. If you live in the spotlight rightly or wrongly questions & whispers & gossip will happen.

You don't have to be in the spotlight for people to gossip about you.. He is an athlete not a celeb selling every aspect of his life.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pesronally I couldn't give a toss what team he bats for, the only team we as the public need and have a right to know about is the Olympic team of which he is a member.

Who he sleeps with is his business, and whoever that is is a lucky person as he seems like a lovely guy and is very good looking.
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nheaney wrote: »

He doesn't appear to be being bullied, yet, but the potential is there.

When an athlete has to put up with this sort of thing, (and have these sort of accusations of cowardice and shame constantly thrown at him, for years):

http://dnamagazine.com.au/articles/news.asp?news_id=8752&c=75020

Then he is in the realm of being bullied.
    My main reason for believing that you're not gay is that you don't know what a gay icon is...
    Ian Robertson and Matthew Mitcham are on the way to becoming gay icons because their honesty helps redefine the sporting landscape for gay people everywhere.

...I don't believe a gay person could stay closeted all this time, even if it meant loosing millions in sponsorships, without being really damaged.

It would also make it impossible for them to ever come out without loosing the respect of, well, everybody.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    i see his girlfriend has been named as an american actress
  • radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    If i was built like him and was straight id be in the sunday papers every week.

For doing what exactly? I don't know what you mean.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say i've ever thought about it. He is gorgeous though. I guess we will know he is gay or straight if he wants to tell us that, if he doesn't then he doesn't want us to know either way.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    No I think he has a girlfriend.

That doesn't disprove anything though, not in showbizland :D

Ive always thought he was, could be wrong mind.
This discussion has been closed.