Jason, 25 in the Overs Category but Chrissie, 25 in the Girls Category

Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anybody else notice this? Both were eliminated tonight but surely both of them should have been in the overs or Jason should have been in the boys? As they are the same age. :confused:

Comments

• noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie may have just turned 25, during the process of the show, whereas Jason is almost 26 maybe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Jay_1983 wrote: »
    Did anybody else notice this? Both were eliminated tonight but surely both of them should have been in the overs or Jason should have been in the boys? As they are the same age. :confused:

Maybe there was a birthday happened for 1 of them after the cut off date? for example it was maybe all birthdays leading upto 1st june...
  • MakinItHappenMakinItHappen Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably has something to do with the month they're born in, the part of the year.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Chrissie was 24 when she auditioned but turned 25 just before bootcamp.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    The age is given at time of broadcast, is it not?
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    Maybe Chrissie was 24 when she auditioned but turned 25 just before bootcamp.

No because in the auditions it said she was 25 too, so I presumed she was in the overs, but then she appeared in the Girls category and it confused me too :confused:
  • Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the official website the overs category is listed as over 25s so either Jason was in the wrong category or he turns 26 soon.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because in the auditions it said she was 25 too, so I presumed she was in the overs, but then she appeared in the Girls category and it confused me too :confused:

Oh, there must be a cut-off date for when you turn 25 that determines which category you go in; maybe its the age they are when they have their audition with the producers that decides it.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder would Jayson have gotten through in the boys category, so disappointed to see him go :(
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I wonder would Jayson have gotten through in the boys category, so disappointed to see him go :(

Yes, that was unexpected. I thought he was vocally superior to Joseph who got through.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There probable is a cut of date that determines which cat go into
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite sad about Jayson not going through
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They conveniently changed the rules for Matt Cardle when he somehow ended up in the "boys" category at the age of 27 :rolleyes:
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was surprised to see Chrissie in the girls category. I assumed last week when we saw her audition that she was an over and that would have given her a better chance.