Options

lionel not a fan of finger blasting !!

Comments

• Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's a case of "getting with the times" there are some things you don't talk about in front of an 82 year old man or woman.

Quite :)
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a prude like most viewers it seems! pretty much all woman love a good finger banging! they can deny it of course but we know its not true if they do :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a case of "getting with the times" there are some things you don't talk about in front of an 82 year old man or woman.

Completely agree. Its about knowing your audience and having manners and respect for others.

It's not about age, it's about being aware of who you are speaking to and what is and isn't appropriate in that company.

It's nothing to do with age. As I said on another thread, I felt exactly the same when Tina Malone was effing away to LaToya Jackson within a few minutes of meeting her.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    he's a prude like most viewers it seems! pretty much all woman love a good finger banging! they can deny it of course but we know its not true if they do :D

There's a time and a place. I don't think it was appropriate on National TV, having this type of conversation with strangers regardless of age. No respect for herself nor others.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    There's a time and a place. I don't think it was appropriate on National TV, having this type of conversation with strangers regardless of age. No respect for herself nor others.

I disagree! I believe there is way to much political correctness on national TV! BB is the original reality TV show that means that it should roll with the times and sex is a major thing in the world, its widely accepted now but the UK in general still seems to be in the stone age regarding this topic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree! I believe there is way to much political correctness on national TV! BB is the original reality TV show that means that it should roll with the times and sex is a major thing in the world, its widely accepted now but the UK in general still seems to be in the stone age regarding this topic.

Of course sex is a facet of society but there is a time and a place where it is acceptable to discuss and engage. The first night of the BB house wasn't the place!!!
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As I said before that's known as having standards not being in the stone age.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'll echo what others are saying.

He's an 82 year old man (yes a very sprightly 82 year old man who chose to be on Celebrity Big Brother, but still, he's 82) and there are some things that perhaps are best left unsaid in certain company.

I really don't know that many people who wouldn't form something of a judgement on a stranger (and at less than 10 hours in, they were all still very much strangers) who got drunk and started talking about fingering someone.

God knows I love getting drunk but I similarly wouldn't, if drunk and in say, the company of my grandparents, then start to discuss explicit sexual acts. It's just basic manners, really. Jasmine didn't do herself any favours by playing the sex pot card so early.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I'm not 82 - but even I would be uncomfortable with a total stranger discussing things like that in front of me and other people she barely knows.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why not phone CH5 and complain they showed it they did not have to they are the ones that put it on National TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's an 82 year old man (yes a very sprightly 82 year old man who chose to be on Celebrity Big Brother, but still, he's 82) and there are some things that perhaps are best left unsaid in certain company.

I really don't know that many people who wouldn't form something of a judgement on a stranger (and at less than 10 hours in, they were all still very much strangers) who got drunk and started talking about fingering someone.

God knows I love getting drunk but I similarly wouldn't if drunk and in say, the company of my grandparents, then start to discuss explicit sexual acts. It's just basic manners, really. Jasmine didn't do herself any favours by playing the sex pot card so early.

Well said.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God knows I love getting drunk but I similarly wouldn't, if drunk and in say, the company of my grandparents, then start to discuss explicit sexual acts. It's just basic manners, really. Jasmine didn't do herself any favours by playing the sex pot card so early.

Nods in agreement - yep, that sums it up for me :)
  • Options
    viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two thumbs up for Lionel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In my opinion, its not about Political Correctness, its about plain decency, morals, standards and respect for others.
    She had only met Sam a short while earlier, and unfortunately for Sam as she was handcuffed to her, she had to suffer Jasmine falling down several times along with the simulated sex scene.
    No respect for herself and none for poor Sam, never mind anyone else.
    We all have standards of course,but some people don't seem to make it out of the gutter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    You don't want to know I can assure you.

spill the beans is quite apt. Let's just say it involves a glass coffee table and a young lad who really needed the toilet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not phone CH5 and complain they showed it they did not have to they are the ones that put it on National TV.

I have no intention of complaining. I am not offended, personally, if I find it too distasteful, I won't watch.
    I can comment though, on why people don't seem to have any manners, morals or principles anymore. If they want to show themselves up in such a poor light, that's OK by me, that's their choice.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, the fact that most of their non BB output seems to be about extremely fat people in various situations, I wouldn't say they're the best judges of what is and isn't good taste tv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no intention of complaining. I am not offended, personally, if I find it too distasteful, I won't watch.
    I can comment though, on why people don't seem to have any manners, morals or principles anymore. If they want to show themselves up in such a poor light, that's OK by me, that's their choice.:D

I found what Dappy did a lot worse than anything that she did or said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't disagree.:)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Since when did it become ok for anyone to touch a virtual stranger the way he did? Why didn't she tell him to jog on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't disagree.:)

Thanks for that I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought that.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't judge everyone by your own low standards.

You must be the only woman that doesn't like fingering then ;-):p
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he a dirty old man? Is there anything more than double standards going on here, where you will defend the right of a pretty young girl to say anything she wants, but have an attack of the vapours at the thought of an elderly man having been sexually active?

:D Ha ha

No one would dream of suggesting any such thing. But the right to say what you like does not mean the right to say what you like without any consequences: in this case, the consequences were that a man in his 80's found her behaviour coarse.

I am not sure how old you are, but I promise that social manners have got more liberal over time, not less. I am decades younger than Lionel, but it would still have been almost unimaginable to say something like that in front of someone of one's grandparents age when I was young.

I think there is a lot of muddled thinking going on here. The fact that Lionel Blair had friends who had a lot of sex is not an issue. If he had a lot of sex himself, that is not an issue either. He was not commenting on someone's sexual activities: he was commenting on someone's conversation, in a mixed group of strangers. Unless someone can demonstrate that he is or was in the habit of introducing sexually explicit topics in front of mixed groups of strangers, he really is entitled to say that he dislikes it without being at all hypocritical. And I don't know why a few people are jeering about him trying to get airtime out of it: he was extremely quiet and said very little.

Exactly this.

I don't think that anyone is being prudish by expecting people to have certain standards and respect for others sensitivities. I have some exceedingly unprudish friends (sex parties, swingers clubs, hedonism holidays) yet they would never make comments like those that Jasmine made because they understand that it is offensive to some. To be honest, if someone spoke the way that Jasmine did in most swinger's clubs she would be considered uncouth and lacking in class...
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Lionel I can understand why he didn't like it. It's like your granddad or your nan you wouldn't say something like that in front of them as you know they won't like it, you just wouldn't say it out of respect for them. Even though I probably I wouldn't be saying that in the first place lol.