Graham Norton Series 15 beginning 4 April 2014

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Russell Crowe is a New Zealander. Amazing how many people think he is an Aussie. ......

I suppose it is like many Australians being thought of as Americans because they spend all their time there and of course there are numerous Canadians who get thought of as Americans.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's even odder that you should assume that!

I watch the GN Show for light entertainment, I really couldn't care a toss who the guests are provided they entertain! Some posters seem to live in a world where it appears to be important to know who all these film actors are, I live in a world where that's quite unimportant. Quite simple really and hardly worth all the negative responses when not knowing who Cameron Diaz is!

What negative responses? I think people are just surprised.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Russell Crowe is a New Zealander. Amazing how many people think he is an Aussie.

I loved Cameron Diaz. She is always good value and her legs are one of the seven wonders of the world.

The little female Australian singer i don`t get at all. She seems vacuous, almost airhead like. What is the attraction with her?

Well he did move to Australia when he was 4 and I think he refers to himself as an Aussie.

She seems lovely? If she is a airhead, I don't care. As long as she is nice. It's not like anyone can claim Russell is a lovely bloke :o
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    Diaz really irked me but I didn't mind Crowe that much. Mind you I was comparing him to the last time he was on when he was promoting Man of Steel. He essentially acted like Amy Adams and Henry Caville weren't there. Compared to how he acted on that show he was excellent last night.
    Agreed. At least this time he let the red chair people tell their story; last time he didn't, which basically ruined the segment.

I like Richard Ayoade but find his public persona a bit one-dimensional. He's obviously intelligent and creative, but hides behind a formula in situations like this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Some posters seem to live in a world where it appears to be important to know who all these film actors are, I live in a world where that's quite unimportant.

It's not about "importance", it's about being at all aware of hugely famous people. And I don't just mean fame in relation to Hollywood, I mean in terms of general recognizability. Cameron Diaz has been world-famous for probably 20 years now, whether you've actively sought her out or not.

You're probably in a very, very tiny minority with having never heard of her.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Agreed. At least this time he let the red chair people tell their story; last time he didn't, which basically ruined the segment.

I like Richard Ayoade but find his public persona a bit one-dimensional. He's obviously intelligent and creative, but hides behind a formula in situations like this.

I agree re. Richard. The idea that he's had terrible success with dating due to his high level of nerdiness is laughable. He's clearly very charming and attractive to plenty of people, so I doubt he had trouble getting dates before getting married.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I like Crowe on chat shows. He doesn't take it seriously and obviously doesn't care too much about how he comes across. Too successful and people know his character enough not to have to conform to the usual chat show ettiquette and niceties.

I thought Diaz was annoying and Minogue pointless. I think that's the second time recently where she's been the headline guest.
    Imo it would be better for her to just come on to sing and then have a short chat because I don't think she has anything more to add to a show.

Shame for Ayoade that there were three major celebs. He maybe would have fitted in better with a British sofa.

I agree. I thought it was all pretty boring actually. Minogue just has no personality and Diaz - don't get me started! I can't stand all that mugging she does - it's just annoying and doesn't hide the fact that she doesn't have much personality either. :(
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree re. Richard. The idea that he's had terrible success with dating due to his high level of nerdiness is laughable. He's clearly very charming and attractive to plenty of people, so I doubt he had trouble getting dates before getting married.

Yes, it's a pity he didn't have the opportunity to come across better. As someone else said, perhaps he'd do better with different couch riders.
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was curious to know if it is common place to move around assigned tape dates in the middle of the series. I knew that these past two weeks that they were doubling up on episodes for some reason and when checking out the dates on SROAudiences, I noticed that they were no episodes taping on Weeks 5 and 7 . Last week's X-Men special was confirmed to be airing Week 5. Today while I was trying to find out who was going to be on this week's pre taped show, I checked SROAudiences again and the schedule again and saw that now there is no episode scheduled for next week and there now is an episode for Week 7. Interesting!:cool::confused:

Anyways here's what we know so far:

This week (2.): Spider Man Special: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Paolo Nutini
    Episode 3: Juliette Binoche, Ricky Gervais, Ronnie Corbett and Imelda May
    Episode 4: Zac Efron, Seth Rogen, Matt Le Blanc and Music TBA
    (There will most likely be a reference to the last time Zac Efron and Matt Leblanc were on the programme a couple of years ago as that appearance was the basis for a storyline on an episode of Episodes)
    Episode 5: X-Men Special
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hate to be in the audience for episode 3. No-one interesting on it and the punch-worthy Gervais. I'll not be watching that night!
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Tonights show is gonna be great, Emma Stone ;-)
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame this once nice chat show was turned into plug-of-the-week.

I don't think I've seen such shameless tie-ins anywhere but on the BBC. One actor from a film would be all right but the whole line-up is SpiderMan 2

It's baffling, even the kings of talk in the USA are not so plug happy.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    What a shame this once nice chat show was turned into plug-of-the-week.

I don't think I've seen such shameless tie-ins anywhere but on the BBC. One actor from a film would be all right but the whole line-up is SpiderMan 2

It's baffling, even the kings of talk in the USA are not so plug happy.

I don't know; sometimes it works really well though. I thought 'The Monuments Men' one (Bill Murray, Matt Damon, Hugh Bonnerville) was a really good line up and it meant that they could share stories from making the film

I enjoyed that show.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It can work but it does seem to happening more that the studios seem to be pushing for the 2/3/4 main cast members to go on shows together.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Aye it would be better if they had just 1 or 2 of the spiderman crew on (they have 3) plus Paolo Nutini
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I would hate to be in the audience for episode 3. No-one interesting on it and the punch-worthy Gervais. I'll not be watching that night!

Only worth watching for Ronnie Corbett I think. Still will be cringe with Ricky trying to upstage everyone.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    That was weird when Andrew Garfield first started talking. He looked insane.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liking this couch. I'm a fan of all 3 :)
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone spot the couple trying to get their kiss on camera whilst the audience member in the black jumper was talking? Are they going to place a tape recording of the show in their memory box or something?! :confused:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Praise the lord that Cuba Gooding Jr got the part.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paolo Nutini doing a great performance. Usually the singers leave a lot to be desired.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Paolo Nutini doing a great performance. Usually the singers leave a lot to be desired.
    He likes to close his eyes a lot when he performs so maybe he's just imagining he's on Jools Holland.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been such a good show. It's always much better when the 3 people on the couch are from the same project, you can tell that they're more comfortable when with people that they know.
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Paolo is beautiful <3
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit about the Spice Girls was mean..building it up like one of them as gonna come out to meet Emma.