Options

If Brookside had still been around today..

hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
Forum Member
Who do you think would still be there? I think Jimmy definitely. Jacqui, Max, and maybe Bev, Rachel and Mike. I think Ron would have left by now.

Comments

• Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the Gordon's would have moved.
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty certain they definitely would be gone! God, what an awful bunch they were :D
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I think the Murrays would have moved away eventually, they had too many memories to stay there.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    It'd probably the fifth soap and in between Hollyoaks and Doctors in ranking tbh
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Jacqui Dixon was a strong character.

What happened to Jackie Corkhill, did she leave before the end?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even remember who was in the final cast
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »

bib: I always found her to be an arrogant cow, particularly as she became more successful in business.

I cheered when she got (temporarily) blinded by Leanne.:D
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »

Jackie Corkhill left a couple of years before the end. I'd say she would have come back at some point though. If it had continued, I'd say we might have seen a few more crossovers between it and Hollyoaks. I'd also imagine that we would have seen a few of the more recognisable actors from the Family Affairs cast showing up after it sank in 2005.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Barry Grant would have returned. I would have loved to have seen all the Grants eventually return, apart from Damon of course who had been killed.

I still miss Brookie. It was the only soap I ever really got involved with.
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerome and Leo Johnson hopefully would have stuck around...

I think the eldest Gordon daughter (Ruth was it?) would have maybe stayed on with her son Luke and her fella (Barry Sloane who later played Niall in Hollyoaks)

I would imagine Max and Jaqui too, oh and Nisha, Katie and that Dr Parr? (Ben Hull) ... I'd also add Sammy Rogers as sticking around even as a semi regular ...loved Sammy ...
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    Jackie Corkhill left a couple of years before the end. I'd say she would have come back at some point though. If it had continued, I'd say we might have seen a few more crossovers between it and Hollyoaks. I'd also imagine that we would have seen a few of the more recognisable actors from the Family Affairs cast showing up after it sank in 2005.

The Hollyoaks crossovers is a strange one, for the first few weeks Hollyoaks was on the air references to it Being a new show were clumsily dropped into the Brookside script, so at so it was established that Hollyoaks was a fictional TV show within the brookside universe. Then a few years Later Matt Musgrove turned up in Hollyoaks changing the original continuity. Of course a character of the same name played by the same actor with a very similar back story and character traits to Matt Musgrove in Brookside could have been purely coincidental.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brookside characters also sometimes talked about nights out at "The Loft" in Chester.

Max Farnham left during the final few months of Brookside. Like many characters at that time, he wasn't given an exit but just no longer featured on screen. He was always 'away on business' or similar excuses.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    Jerome and Leo Johnson hopefully would have stuck around...

I think the eldest Gordon daughter (Ruth was it?) would have maybe stayed on with her son Luke and her fella (Barry Sloane who later played Niall in Hollyoaks)

I would imagine Max and Jaqui too, oh and Nisha, Katie and that Dr Parr? (Ben Hull) ... I'd also add Sammy Rogers as sticking around even as a semi regular ...loved Sammy ...

If Nisha had stayed then she most likely wouldn't have played Zoe Hanna on Casualty. We so often see characters from Brookside turn up in Casualty and Holby City now.
  • Options
    KB1984KB1984 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    I think Barry Grant would have returned. I would have loved to have seen all the Grants eventually return, apart from Damon of course who had been killed.

I still miss Brookie. It was the only soap I ever really got involved with.

I don't think Bobby Grant would have returned. Ricky Tomlinson had a very acrimonious split with the show and was still very bitter about Brookie in subsequent interviews.

Sheila might have returned at some stage in a guest stint for a episode or two (she made one or two appearances in one or two VHS Brookie spin-offs) but given Sue Johnston's very successful subsequent acting career, I don't think it would have been a long return.

Barry's sisters Karen and Claire might have re-appeared both (especially baby Claire) probably recast.
  • Options
    KB1984KB1984 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Tim "Tinhead" O'Leary and Steve Murray I could see still being around.

Mick Johnson and/or Sinbad could have returned.

Jimmy would still be there :) and probably Nikki Shadwick.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KB1984 wrote: »
    Tim "Tinhead" O'Leary and Steve Murray I could see still being around.

Mick Johnson and/or Sinbad could have returned.

Jimmy would still be there :) and probably Nikki Shadwick.

The final scene featured Jimmy, and Nikki was the last woman we saw in Brookside Close. We may have seen Lindsay having moved away with Jimmy, but that was away from Brookside Close.

Just a thought: It would be great to see Suzanne Collins join Hollyoaks as a friend of Diane's! ;-):)
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm right here?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty certain they definitely would be gone! God, what an awful bunch they were :D

Apart from the gorgeous one. Kirsty I think her name was