Helens Plan

2»

Comments

• thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    silkstone wrote: »
    I couldn't make sense out of her plan being to help the country out of hard times by offering a niche service - yes it might create jobs for some but in recognising that we are in hard times she must have realised that means there would be less people who could afford it

There's a long term logic there that as a few get richer and richer and most people get poorer, the rich will end up employing the poor to provide them with more services. We already have a cabinet of Eton millionairres, so a return to the 19th century with a growing service/servant class isn't that unrealistic. The question is how many people can afford a PA service. Its an idea, but the people who can afford it may already have one and its difficult to make it cheap enough to do the job well enough for anyone else..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    There's a long term logic there that as a few get richer and richer and most people get poorer, the rich will end up employing the poor to provide them with more services. We already have a cabinet of Eton millionairres, so a return to the 19th century with a growing service/servant class isn't that unrealistic. The question is how many people can afford a PA service. Its an idea, but the people who can afford it may already have one and its difficult to make it cheap enough to do the job well enough for anyone else..

I see what you're saying, goes a bit outside of the business plan remit though- LS investing in a social engineering project- it would also (in most cases) lock those people into that class, with their income capped by what the richer person could afford to pay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Helen is exceptionally organised and hard-working, but
    BOTH of her business ideas were so unbelievably
    uninspired and unoriginal.

She''d make a great empolyee, but her skills are a dime-a-dozen, nothing special
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a cheap shot on her behalf, just to get one over on Tom. Knew there was something I didn't like about her, very desperate.

This whole 'I only lost one task' business also, really grated on me. It wasn't her personally that won each and every task bar one, she just got very lucky. It was a team effort each week, not Helen taking over in her super woman costume coming to the rescue for her teammates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Ghostworld wrote: »
    Helen is exceptionally organised and hard-working, but
    BOTH of her business ideas were so unbelievably
    uninspired and unoriginal.

She''d make a great empolyee, but her skills are a dime-a-dozen, nothing special

Agreed. I don't get why she's so highly esteemed simply for being competent as if it's the most uncommon thing. With her previous job, salary and being 30 odd with a 2:1 degree, I should jolly well think so :rolleyes:
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, she was basically going to be a Personal Organiser for people. Like a PA, but for lots of customers at the same time...

Her plan obviously lacked final thought and then, on top of it, she showed complete desperation by trying to sneak in a plan B (which prob never existed until that precise red alert moment) despite already having had her opportunity to make good of her Plan A.

With the Melody PM incident I thought, rare bad move on her part, but this just took the cake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I don't get it, she was basically going to be a Personal Organiser for people. Like a PA, but for lots of customers at the same time...

Her plan obviously lacked final thought and then, on top of it, she showed complete desperation by trying to sneak in a plan B (which prob neevr existed until that precise moment) when she had her opportunity to make good of her Plan A.

With the Melody PM incident I thought, rare bad move on her part, but this just took the cake.

It was a bit hopeful, can't imagine LS would put money down when there is no written plan, no costs, just an idea (which has already been done).
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    Miriam_R wrote: »

Her plan obviously lacked final thought and then, on top of it, she showed complete desperation by trying to sneak in a plan B (which prob never existed until that precise red alert moment) despite already having had her opportunity to make good of her Plan A.

If I had enough money I would happily pay someone to do things like deal with the abysmal life shortening BT call centre, or reliably sort out my computer problems, or chase up my builder who is three months late. The problem is that person would be someone who you would have to trust and possibly give access to your home and computer to. Its basically a butler and you wouldn't be able to provide that sort of discrete reliable service to multiple customers.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dakota. wrote: »
    Was a cheap shot on her behalf, just to get one over on Tom. Knew there was something I didn't like about her, very desperate.

This whole 'I only lost one task' business also, really grated on me. It wasn't her personally that won each and every task bar one, she just got very lucky. It was a team effort each week, not Helen taking over in her super woman costume coming to the rescue for her teammates.
    It smacked of desperation. Have to agree with you on the " I have won all the tasks except one " Just how many times did we hear it?:eek:
    You would think she had been PM on all of them the way she kept on:rolleyes:
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    She should take MyPy and run with it..... it would be a lot better than her bakery idea.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Loved Helen's Joke...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    If I had enough money I would happily pay someone to do things like deal with the abysmal life shortening BT call centre, or reliably sort out my computer problems, or chase up my builder who is three months late. The problem is that person would be someone who you would have to trust and possibly give access to your home and computer to. Its basically a butler and you wouldn't be able to provide that sort of discrete reliable service to multiple customers.

It wouldn't work though because when you phone BT etc they need to speak to you - they wont just discuss your account with a random person.

I've had experience of such a concierge company as my work has one. No-one bothers to use it because its just as Sugar said - you spend 5 mins on the phone to someone telling them to phone and book the doctors for you!