silent witness on bbc1 now

mills705mills705 Posts: 556
Forum Member
✭✭
This two parter seems particularly disgustingly bad especially to do with the asian grooming aspect. I feel sick. I want to punch them.
My mum says that this is quite a common occurance apparantly. Shes a teacher and apparently this is something that she had to deal with in the past.

Body in the suitcase though- i have a feeling it was someone adding to that guys suitcases.

Comments

• squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding it very disturbing, I'm originally from an area where this practice was very common when I was a teenager and I'm now in my mid forties.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cousin is a teacher at an inner London school and has also heard of similar situations. It seems quite shocking its this wide spread. It makes you wonder if enough is being done to stop it. Surely educating within schools is the best way of raising awareness about the issue?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's certainly a very disturbing episode, especially as we know this does go on. I can see why they postponed it with that case that was going on.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister and I were in Liverpool when the case was being tried at the Crown Court. There were hundreds of police around and about just in case there was any trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    The PC brigade have ensured this behaviour has been covered up for decades, a disgrace to the detriment of many young girls.
  • stipey2stipey2 Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Whilst I am all for raising awareness of such difficult issues I have found Silent Witness has become a little too dark and uncomfortable for my liking. Tonight's episode was no exception.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    madeline duggan who was amy and was the first lauren branning in EE was awesome
  • mills705mills705 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im 23 and Ive not really seen this as where I live is OK. However I was part of the bebo/ habbo hotel surge when I was younger and I can see how easy it would be for certain types of girls to become easily impressionable to feel like they have a boyfriend or something.

I do think it should be taught in schools the dangers of older men of any race. As I think equally any race can be guilty of this.

Interestingly when I was at uni there was always men of Eastern European origin or Black or asian standing at the side of the dance floor sort of lurking. I always had an uneasy feeling about them. Especially since they were alone. I always made a point of looking after girls I knew as they were obviously after one thing.
  • kalikikikankalikikikan Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I found that very uncomfortable viewing, especially in light of it's deferred airing, due to the court case. In this case, as with some storylines in Spooks, fact and fiction merge as one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think that the story writers do take after some news stories.

There was a CSI where a guy was very much a michael jackson esque type of guy where he was spending nights with kids and did lots for charities. There was an allegation of sexual assault but in the end it couldnt stick.... sound familiar!?
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb but as many said so difficult but perhaps that is the way to get issues like this into public awareness more. I agree with whoever said that PC brigade have meant that its been almost impossible to talk about stuff like for years.
  • WhothamanWhothaman Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    My sister and I were in Liverpool when the case was being tried at the Crown Court. There were hundreds of police around and about just in case there was any trouble.

A lot of other groups tried to jump on the bandwagon. The BNP, EDL & Anti Facist League were all demonstrating outside Liverpool Crown Court at points throughout the trial resulting in a large Police presence.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mills705 wrote: »
    i think that the story writers do take after some news stories.

There was a CSI where a guy was very much a michael jackson esque type of guy where he was spending nights with kids and did lots for charities. There was an allegation of sexual assault but in the end it couldnt stick.... sound familiar!?

CSI do it quiet subtly sometimes as well. The season six episode bite me was based on the Micheal Peterson case which was documented in Jean-Xavier de Lestrade's Death on the Staircase documentary
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    im wondering what the 2 girls who were met outside their scholl by those 3 guys who deserved to be strung up told their parents regarding where they were
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Boiler blowing up was just Ludicrous, then she just happened to be there when the girl ran into the road......how convenient. for the plot. How much would a body weigh? It would surely have been searched before.
  • csiaddict71csiaddict71 Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    The Boiler blowing up was just Ludicrous, then she just happened to be there when the girl ran into the road......how convenient. for the plot. How much would a body weigh? It would surely have been searched before.

LOL - I said that to my OH, surely a body (even a dessicated, decomposed one), would exceed the baggage allowance weight?! Not to mention the smell, no way would that go undected by anyone!
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I was watching too, and I too found it difficult viewing. I've read many articles over the years about this grooming of underage white girls by Aisans, it's a disturbingly common occurence.
    The poor girl locked in the room being drugged and raped was horrendous, where were any of the girls parents in all of this. Do they not wonder where their kids are?
    The girl in hospital, I'm terrified about what's going to happen to her.
    It reminds me alot of another case Silent Witness covered in South Africa about trafficing and prostitution of young girls also very distrubing to watch.
    In saying all that I am eager to see the outcome.

Just a question, is this part of the current series that just aired or an older episode? It felt like an older one as Leo was more normal than in the most recent series where he went off the wall.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    The poor girl locked in the room being drugged and raped was horrendous, where were any of the girls parents in all of this. Do they not wonder where their kids are?
    Most of the kids have previous "problems" and are in children's homes.

Oddly enough Rochdale - where one of the recent grooming cases was - has the highest number of privately owned children's homes in the country.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave it a miss this time - the fact that the team seem to be alongside the police solving cases was becoming increasingly ludicrous.
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Just a question, is this part of the current series that just aired or an older episode? It felt like an older one as Leo was more normal than in the most recent series where he went off the wall.

It was part of the recent series, but was dropped due to an ongoing trial at the time of intended broadcast.

Wondering whether the episode may have been re-edited slightly regarding Leo's series story arc?

Agree it was uncomfortable viewing at times.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    It was part of the recent series, but was dropped due to an ongoing trial at the time of intended broadcast.

Wondering whether the episode may have been re-edited slightly regarding Leo's series story arc?

Agree it was uncomfortable viewing at times.

Ah I see, I think I remember something about an episode being dropped alright. It was alot more watchable than the last series which I actually stopped watching as the episodes got more and more ridiculous, this is more like the old Silent Witness IMO.
  • kalikikikankalikikikan Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    LOL - I said that to my OH, surely a body (even a dessicated, decomposed one), would exceed the baggage allowance weight?! Not to mention the smell, no way would that go undected by anyone!

I noticed that from the outside shots, the room that the girl was being held in was very close to the airport, could one of them be working there? Ideal way to dispose of a body in such circumstances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a shot of an old man packing suitcases that had been abandoned from gatwick airport i think from an auction house.
    As he is loading his just about last suitcase someone hands him another one. So im thinking it could be a way of disposing the bodies if he dumps the bags after he has looted them!
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »

Cheltenham gas blast home owner 'did not have gas cooker'

My friend lived next door and was in her house when the explosion happened, it does happen and so certainly can't be called "ludicrous".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member

It may come out that the body in the suitcase had not travelled anywhere, It was just left at the airport........it was wrapped in the protective cellophane which may have masked some of the smell too.......