Options

Bricked PS4 reports are very real, no replacements available for months

IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭

"There are a lot of very unhappy PS4 owners right now, as reports of bricked consoles and no available replacements come in from all over the web."

Comments

• Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit, I clicked on the link, and that's exactly what they want with headlines like that.

There is nothing new here.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it is an old news. It was new for me.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit, I clicked on the link, and that's exactly what they want with headlines like that.

There is nothing new here.

yeah,if you've been following it since just before launch,its all stuff we already know,its the curse of the early adopter i guess
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least in the UK we have much better consumer protection than the USA so if it will take too long for a replacement or repair you will be entitled to you money back. Not ideal obviously but better than being without a product for months.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    yeah,if you've been following it since just before launch,its all stuff we already know,its the curse of the early adopter i guess

But it's just a PC...
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »

"There are a lot of very unhappy PS4 owners right now, as reports of bricked consoles and no available replacements come in from all over the web."

Complete rubbish that there's "no replacements available for months".

I have seen many people report that they've communicated with Sony stores directly and had their consoles replaced immediately.

Complete FUD.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    But it's just a PC...

Eh? Just a PC?

Do you realise what the failure rates of PCs are? Depending in manufacturer, between 15 - 25% of PCs had repairs in their first 3 years.

Sony are one of the best PC manufacturers at about 16%

By those numbers, the PS4s reliability so far is exceptional.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? Just a PC?

Do you realise what the failure rates of PCs are? Depending in manufacturer, between 15 - 25% of PCs had repairs under warrantee last year

By those numbers, the PS4s reliability so far is exceptional.

Hey no attacking the PC master race, don't you know your place?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oooooh crap. It's all going to kick off now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much of this is media spin? Could be very easy for microsoft to have people post tons of bad reviews and create negative publicity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »

Even if none of the reviews where fake, you have to look at the context

If 100,000 people bought a PS4 from amazon

How many people who got there bundle with all the games and peripherals and works perfectly will take the time to give a good rating

VS

How many people who got a broken PS4 will complain and give a 1* review

The fact is we live in a world right now, where most people won't give a simple thank you and some good feedback when they get a working product, these amazon states are about as useless as the user rating for a game on metacritic
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If mine is DOA I'll just take it straight back to the store and if they can't replace it there and then I'll just demand a refund on the grounds that it's not fit for purpose.

I will then either source one elsewhere, or if all else fails maybe pick up and Xbox One instead and get a PS4 in the new year.

It's no biggie.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If mine is DOA I'll just take it straight back to the store and if they can't replace it there and then I'll just demand a refund on the grounds that it's not fit for purpose.

I will then either source one elsewhere, or if all else fails maybe pick up and Xbox One instead and get a PS4 in the new year.

It's no biggie.

Same here!!! :) (IF I get a duffa from shopto I'll just send em an email & they'll send a courier out 4 free & collect it ... Simples!!! :cool:)
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:yawn: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »

Had been wondering about that. Amazon's review system is a bit of a joke, especially with high-profile items such as this. Vote-washing also a bit of an issue, where if a review/score gets too many down-votes it just gets deleted and reposted.:
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had been wondering about that. Amazon's review system is a bit of a joke, especially with high-profile items such as this. Vote-washing also a bit of an issue, where if a review/score gets too many down-votes it just gets deleted and reposted.:

There's probably just a handful of headbangers (or Microsoft employees) firing out fake 1 star reviews 24/7 .... Microsoft have done similar in the past haven't they??? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I saw somewhere that it is estimated that a third of all "customer" reviews are either fake or by people employed to post good/bad reviews.

It does tend to make the whole process of checking what others think rather redundant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »

Seen that before but he is correct. DON'T EVER DO IT!

Source - Personal experience :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    Seen that before but he is correct. DON'T EVER DO IT!

Source - Personal experience :D

:D:D Active Material consisting of weapons grade napalm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member

It's no biggie.

This man talks sence
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://kotaku.com/rumor-foxconn-interns-and-alleged-ps4-sabotage-claims-1466539573

sort of puts pay to some of the disgruntled student rumours

it also says this

"It's also important to note that Nintendo and Microsoft also outsourced their consoles to Foxconn. "

so this may not turn out to be just a Sony problem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ..And to remember: The Xbox One has two HDMI ports...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    ..And to remember: The Xbox One has two HDMI ports...

i wouldnt be too worried about that,im more worried by the fact it sounds like Foxconn just get any random tom,dick,or harry off the street and give them a solder iron