Options

Smile: Your Selfie Is A Mugshot For The NSA

IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Smile: Your Selfie Is A Mugshot For The NSA

"According to the documents, the agency intercepts “millions” of images per day — including about 55,000 “facial recognition quality images” — although it is not clear how many images the agency has amassed in total at this point. The NSA describes facial recognition technology as offering “tremendous untapped potential” for tracking intelligence targets."

Suddenly Nokia's excellent cameras don't look that good :o:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never really trusted front facing cameras .

But if the NSA want to track me on
    the internet looking at fat lesbians then I don't mind :D
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    weird to bring nokia in to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    weird to bring nokia in to it.

Why, a) joke b) their cameras are likely to make quite a few of those usable photos.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Why, a) joke b) their cameras are likely to make quite a few of those usable photos.

facial recognition quality would be like vga if it were full face. it doesn't need to be 50MP

it doesn't say where they are getting these images from. i wonder if we are talking about scraping them from the likes of twitter. or sucking them straight out of the pipes. or if your automatic photo backup involves the nsa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does not have to be 50MP, but I saw enough out of focus noisy iPhone selfies, probably from earlier phone versions, to know they must be unusable for a face recognition.