Options

Xbox Event - 21st May, 6PM UK time

Comments

• Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Xbox TV, Kinect 2.0, a few stats here or there and some renders similar to the PS4 showing.
    No CoD.

** Offers left nut for hint at Fallout 4 **
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Xbox TV, Kinect 2.0, a few stats here or there and some renders similar to the PS4 showing.
    No CoD.

** Offers left nut for hint at Fallout 4 **

We will see Call Of Duty tomorrow, as announced at the end of the Ghosts teaser trailer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it is only the trailer - no demo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EA's turn now...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151620246564288

So we'll have a COD trailer, FIFA trailer and some racing game news!
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    EA's turn now...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151620246564288

So we'll have a COD trailer, FIFA trailer and some racing game news!

So EA has now moved from Sony to Microsoft? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really mean anything.

Activision & Bungie at PS4 event etc...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually imagine if this was Sony trolling given that Sony already has timed-exclusive Battlefield DLC...
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Hopefully the new call of duty!

Hopefully not
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Michael Pachter's predictions on youtube and i agree with the points he made

every console with come with Kinect and it will need to be switched on for the console to work and it will probably be always online

I guess we'll find out tomorrow
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forza Vista, perhaps?

New Forza. Yes please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I heard its going to be called Xbox Durango- anyone else hear that?
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard its going to be called Xbox Durango- anyone else hear that?
    Durango is the codename for the developer hardware kits the next Xbox is based upon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Ahh, thanks! I guess stores might be using that name too for now, as they have to call it something on their systems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, my predictions...

Name - Xbox
    We won't get a price
    If they are more specific than 'holiday' it'll just be a month and no detail on regions
    They won't go into much detail about the specs, they'll tell us it has 8GB RAM and emphasise that it has EIGHT CORES
    We will see the box
    Kinect will be there but no arm flapping, instead ball tickling and focus on voice commands for everything, including turning the console on from standby, they may demo that at the start of the show after showing the box.
    Illumiroom shown but as a vision of the future of what the console could be capable of doing in years to come

For games, COD, FIFA, BF4 and NFS trailers and Alan Wake 2 live demo.

Always online mentioned in a roundabout way, never using the term always online, and sold as a feature.

Obligatory celebrity appearance will be Jay Z and Daft Punk will provide the opening music.

Now your turn!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are other people really excited for this? to be honest i'm not but i watch just to see what they show

It just doesn't (for me) have the same Buzz that the PS4 conference had, I remember from the day the did the tease for PS Meeting, loads of my friends where talking about it all the time and it seemed we were all getting hyped for it and then after the meeting every was buzzing saying they were getting one etc

With the Xbox meeting, since they announced a date, I haven't been that excited and i haven't even talked about it with friends, in fact the only people i've seen post about as pages i like such as Gametrailers, how are trying to get the hype machine going and failing

This could work in Mircosoft's favor though, i could sit down to watch and be completely blow away, with PS4 i expected something i would like and they delivered, with Xbox i'm going in not caring so if i come out hyped then they have probably done as good a job if not better than Sony
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not caring as much about this reveal as the PS4 one, but still, it's always good to see a new console. I'm just stuggling to care about the Xbox anymore, but that is just me. The reveal will probably be huge news in America though, and big news in the UK too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, my predictions...

Name - Xbox
    We won't get a price
    If they are more specific than 'holiday' it'll just be a month and no detail on regions
    They won't go into much detail about the specs, they'll tell us it has 8GB RAM and emphasise that it has EIGHT CORES
    We will see the box
    Kinect will be there but no arm flapping, instead ball tickling and focus on voice commands for everything, including turning the console on from standby, they may demo that at the start of the show after showing the box.
    Illumiroom shown but as a vision of the future of what the console could be capable of doing in years to come

For games, COD, FIFA, BF4 and NFS trailers and Alan Wake 2 live demo.

Always online mentioned in a roundabout way, never using the term always online, and sold as a feature.

Obligatory celebrity appearance will be Jay Z and Daft Punk will provide the opening music.

Now your turn!

I'm thinking the celebrities will more be along the lines of Skrillex or Deadmau5 or Diplo or even someone a bit more famous like will.i.am.

I'm predicting dub step, and maybe they'll wheel out Messi or another famous sports star. I'm thinking that there will also be some youtube 'stars' too. I'm just a bit cynical really :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouTube 'star' is a good shout, MS love to seem like they know what you like! Hence overuse of celebs...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I think they will have a second screen solution in response to Wii U game pad and the Vita.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Are other people really excited for this? to be honest i'm not but i watch just to see what they show

It just doesn't (for me) have the same Buzz that the PS4 conference had, I remember from the day the did the tease for PS Meeting, loads of my friends where talking about it all the time and it seemed we were all getting hyped for it and then after the meeting every was buzzing saying they were getting one etc

With the Xbox meeting, since they announced a date, I haven't been that excited and i haven't even talked about it with friends, in fact the only people i've seen post about as pages i like such as Gametrailers, how are trying to get the hype machine going and failing

This could work in Mircosoft's favor though, i could sit down to watch and be completely blow away, with PS4 i expected something i would like and they delivered, with Xbox i'm going in not caring so if i come out hyped then they have probably done as good a job if not better than Sony

but your a PS fanboy, so you wouldn't be as excited for this as you were for Sony's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I think they will have a second screen solution in response to Wii U game pad and the Vita.

They already have Smartglass, but it's been woefully underused so far. Although it's nice that they utilise multiple existing devices, the lack of physical controls and knowing where to it the bloody thing when you are holding the controller are restrictive. Hopefully they will have something in mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouTube 'star' is a good shout, MS love to seem like they know what you like! Hence overuse of celebs...

I'm thinking someone along the lines of epicmealtime, introduced with lots of wubwubwubwubwubwubwub dubstep!