Options

Tamera Foster - The Best Contestant to appear on X Factor GLOBALLY!

Comments

• Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Louis' comments were OTT in my opinion.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Sorry but that is a load of crap and you know it. :rolleyes:

And i award you first prize for the silliest comment ever put on an x factor thread.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    How can you know this from just one or two performances from her. Leona's version of I Have Nothing for reference, note her head voice at the end ;).....Plus Leona can do pop songs perfectly fine. :)

I don't know Zack. Tamera's vocals are good but she will definitely blossom into a better performer than Leona. I've only seen the spark I saw today in Tamera in Alex and Fifth Harmony before, they're the two contestants who could truly do it all..
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    How can you know this from just one or two performances from her. Leona's version of I Have Nothing for reference, note her head voice at the end ;).....Plus Leona can do pop songs perfectly fine. :)

I'm comparing one song to Leona's whole back catalog, cannot stand her, never got the love.
    Leona cannot move for one thing, she stands there and sings, not my cup of tea at all
  • Options
    MrsSkittlesMrsSkittles Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    She has a good voice but i was disappointed at her audition, i think she should have been told to come back in a year or two
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I don't know Zack. Tamera's vocals are good but she will definitely blossom into a better performer than Leona. I've only seen the spark I saw today in Tamera in Alex and Fifth Harmony before, they're the two contestants who could truly do it all..

I'm not denying that she has star quality. She definitely has the looks and some average vocals considering other "popstars" get by on a lot less.

We're yet to see what she is capable of though, which is why I'm not taking this "better than Leona and Alex" talk seriously. She could burn out at bootcamp for all we know, she definitely has an issue with experience and isn't as confident as Leona or Alex. Leona may have been shy, but there's no denying that once the song started, she became an unstoppable force.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incredible Singer at her age and love to see her in the final. However, forgetting her words like that is criminal and personally I don't feel she is ready this year. She should come back in 2 years time. There is a major potential in this girl but she has come to XF too early IMO.
    Anyway, if she does make the finals, I'll be rooting for her
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People need to remember that she is 16, and just starting out on what should be a good career. It will take time but all the potential is there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    She as everything looks great voice and only 16 she as potential hope she does well in next round and not forget her words like to see her in finals
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True. The X Factor has a long history of putting people through to lives off the back of thier looks or image rather than solely on their singing ability.
    Or rather because of overall appeal. Many of today's stars actually can't sing any better than an average club singer - maybe not even as well!
    But they have - the X factor....
  • Options
    RealityRulerRealityRuler Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is Unbelievably Talented!!! It's Ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive overreaction for me.

If she bottles at this stage what hope later on? Saying that....

She was very good but shouty in parts, training will fix it. Raw talent for sure. We've not seen the 2nd coming of Whitney but a solid potential star.

Agree on above comments. Williams, Murs. Average singers but engaging charismatic
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    If she really worked on her nerves I could see her in the finals.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Massive overreaction for me.

If she bottles at this stage what hope later on? Saying that....

She was very good but shouty in parts, training will fix it. Raw talent for sure. We've not seen the 2nd coming of Whitney but a solid potential star.

Agree on above comments. Williams, Murs. Average singers but engaging charismatic

It was the first time she had sung solo and in front of a theatre audience!
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    antero wrote: »
    Louis' comments were OTT in my opinion.
    all of the judges comments were OTT in my opinion
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I'm comparing one song to Leona's whole back catalog, cannot stand her, never got the love.
    Leona cannot move for one thing, she stands there and sings, not my cup of tea at all

Leona doesn't just stand and sing, she isn't a natural dancer so won't ever look 100% natural, but I hate this misconception that Leona can't move on stage.

Sweet Dreams
    Glassheart
    Naked - Live at Doha - 1 minute mark
    Take A Bow
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the forgetting the lyrics was a bit staged. I can imagine someone coming up with the idea - "she's only 16, she's very nervous and it would make really great telly if we added this bit..." Not impressed. :yawn:
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Leona doesn't just stand and sing, she isn't a natural dancer so won't ever look 100% natural, but I hate this misconception that Leona can't move on stage.

Sweet Dreams
    Glassheart
    Naked - Live at Doha - 1 minute mark
    Take A Bow

I agree with you. Although not a natural mover, she can dance a little bit
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    It was the first time she had sung solo and in front of a theatre audience!
    i dont belive its the first time she has sung solo

and she handled the theatre audience badly, Connie Talbot (BGT) did a far better job and she was only 6
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was good, but I preferred Hannah, the 17 year old who sang earlier. She had more soul and feeling for me. However, Tamera is a beautiful girl and that goes a long way in the industry.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a stunning looking young Girl with a very good voice Simon will be signing her up if he has not already done it.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. I thought she was good, but she wasn't THAT good. Nothing distinctive or original...
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Oh. I thought she was good, but she wasn't THAT good. Nothing distinctive or original...

Original doesn't always mean good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamera has a beautiful sounding voice and is very good yet I think to say she's incredible and has the potential to be the best is slightly exaggerated.

Tamera has a tone and a very unique beautiful rolling vibrato in the lower half of her voice that have the quality and sound of an amazing singer and voice. The kind of voice of a great like aretha, Whitney or other great soul or gospel singer. However she doesn't have a natural ability to belt. As soon as she ascends an octave her voice doesn't resonate or ring. There is no boom or projection because the placement and production is wrong. She loses the beautiful quality of tone she has lower down and she loses control of the vibrato.
    People haven't seen yet if she can singer well with her head voice/falsetto. Of whether she will be able to improve her power and belt. Or if she will be able to sing complex runs and sustain notes and transitions between registers. Because these are all of the qualities of a technical singer who are the kinds of singers she's compared to.

This can all be improved with training and can be learned but it will never be as good as someone who has that natural quality in their voice.
    Videos of beyonce, Mariah, Christina, Leona, Alexandra, Whitney as those types of belting singers with unique tones have the natural ability to belt and belt with range and control, sing melisma and are multi registered and multi octaved.
    Singers like Beyonce and Leona that have continued vocal training have improved and refined these natural vocal abilities and become world class vocalists who are ranked with the power house singers that Tameras voice would be catergorised with.

So while I think she can become amazing and is still very good with a beautiful voice and tone, I think it will take a hell of a lot of training and several years of practice and experience to live up to the comparison and exaggeration of being on the level of a singer like Leona Lewis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Original doesn't always mean good!

Very well said, being original is all well and fine but you have to be able to back it up.