Options

The 'darkest' things that have happened in Doctor Who

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    From the classic series, Adric getting killed at the end of Earthshock was a pretty stunning moment for me. Really blew my mind with the silent credits adding to effect. I was at that perfect age for it to have a huge effect.

From the new series, I always found the punishment scene in Family of Blood pretty dark. I mean, it says it right there in voice over "the fury of a Timelord." Superb sequence.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never got this. How is Moffat making Doctor Who "childish" or "embarrassing"? It's more gothic than anything else. Not to the extent of the Hinchcliffe era or Season 26, but more so than the RTD era on the whole.

I think the last couple of series have been more consistantly 'dark' than previously if you count the ongoing River stolen as a baby and raised to kill the Doctor storyline and the whole premise of the Dreamlord and the GI, without the Silence murdering people for the sake of it and the whole Pandorica and 'older Amy' sequences.it's also difficult among other things to forget Rory demanding to know where his wife was and the cyber fleet being casually destroyed to make his point.