Options

may go and see Spectre...on my own. Sad??

13»

Comments

• Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    cas116 wrote: »
    Not sad at all - i've been to the cinema on my own numerous times. No-one else who's there gives a hoot to be honest!

Exactly - once the lights go down no one even knows who is on their own.

If the OP is that worried pre book a seat and arrive 20 minutes after the advertised film time as that's when the movie usually starts.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Exactly - once the lights go down no one even knows who is on their own.

If the OP is that worried pre book a seat and arrive 20 minutes after the advertised film time as that's when the movie usually starts.

Indeed.

It irritates me that some people think you have to be glued to someone's side to do anything. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and we'd have to go to the ladies' loos in pairs - never on our own. Why on earth should it be "sad" to go to the cinema / a gig / the theatre / a restaurant / on holiday...anything, on your own? it's liberating and freeing, and takes confidence and being able to handle such things as a grown adult. The "sad" bit is being too wimpish to do such things. A lot of us have partners / families / friends but can still choose to do these things on our own. We're not sad things who HAVE to go alone. We choose to (if our circumstances allow), because that's what grown ups do.
  • Options
    denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive done it, and i don't see anything wrong with it. Who cares if someone you've never met before(and will likely never meet agian) thinks your sad? We humans are far too worried about what other people think of us, especially complete strangers. Its not an easy lesson to learn but the vast majority of people do not care about you. Even if someone does have a think why's he on his own? i doubt they are going to say/do anything.

Just forget it and enjoy the movie, who cares if its with others or by yourself.