Options

LCD better than CRT?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which forums are these? PM me, if you wish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    St@mmie wrote:
    I beg to differ, sd channels on my Sharp lc32p50e through an hdmi cable from my tvdrive are far better than anything I've seen on a crt.
    95% of the time the picture I get is simply vastly better than anything I've seen on a crt,
    there are black level issues with very dark material, but that's an issue I believe is worth putting up with for the benefits I get 95% of the time.

I wonder if this Sharp LCD (SD PAL optimised and not technically HD) is the exception that proves the rule? Can anyone who has one/has seen it properly set up comment?

Like most people here I'm agonising over replacing my widescreen CRT with a sexy-looking LCD but which costs a lot and may actually look worse with normal (Freeview) programs. The Sharp P-series seems like it could be the answer, since it costs less and may look better with current content. When full HD does finally arrive, no doubt even better and more tempting TVs will be around, and I won't feel so bad replacing it and relegating the Sharp to the bedroom (having spent so much less on it!).

Opinions gratefully accepted!

GoatieDS
  • Options
    broadbandguybroadbandguy Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRT's are still the better picture according to the experts but they have improved them. The newest one's should be using Pixel Plus 2

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/flatscreen_news_story_16.htm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    CRT's are still the better picture according to the experts but they have improved them. The newest one's should be using Pixel Plus 2

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/flatscreen_news_story_16.htm

Thanks, but having read this it implies these improvements are to LCD, and not CRT screens.

I still want to know if SD content looks better on the Sharp P-series than other LCD screens (ignoring the CRT/LCD argument for the moment!).

Goatie_DS