Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was today the first time Rachel got to answer the conundrum?
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's done it loads of times.....she gets a Countdown cup each time, I think.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think Jon Culshaw is any good?Ive always thought his impressions are dire
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    His impressions are OK, sadly the jokes to go with them aren't.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disregard
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    Disregard

A 9-letter word! :D
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    What planet is Nick on? He introduced Becky, who talked with a fairly strong Northern Irish accent, then asks her if she's an American.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What planet is Nick on? He introduced Becky, who talked with a fairly strong Northern Irish accent, then asks her if she's an American.

and he claims to be Irish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you watched Jon Culshaw's piece yesterday that was explained.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far do people think this Andy is going then?
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Was today the first time Rachel got to answer the conundrum?
    Mudbox wrote: »
    she's done it loads of times.....she gets a Countdown cup each time, I think.

She did it about 6 times on the trot then stopped. I think she was being fed the result via her earpiece and that became too obvious.

Now she does it occasionally so it seems likely that is all her own work like the numbers is.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    She did it about 6 times on the trot then stopped. I think she was being fed the result via her earpiece and that became too obvious.

Now she does it occasionally so it seems likely that is all her own work like the numbers is.

Why would she be fed this via her earpiece? How did it become obvious exactly? Did she do a David Coleman with her finger in her ear?
    As bad as suggesting that Susie is fed suggestions despite her background and qualifications.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Why would she be fed this via her earpiece? How did it become obvious exactly? Did she do a David Coleman with her finger in her ear?
    As bad as suggesting that Susie is fed suggestions despite her background and qualifications.

At a recording, we could see Rachel putting Susie's words up on the board before Susie had mentioned them! Obviously done to save time (the schedule is tight), but it means Dictionary Corner probably aren't quite as good as they appear on TV.

(Granted they have a dictionary, and have somewhat more than thirty seconds, but if the contestants could be given a dictionary each, I doubt it would help them much!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's was close.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's was close.

I'm glad Andy won, the other chap reminded me of Grumio the slave in Plebs.:D
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's was close.

Was wasn't it. I thought that Andy was going out, after the first few rounds he was way behind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I'm glad Andy won, the other chap reminded me of Grumio the slave in Plebs.:D

Cheers buddy, I was waiting for someone to post a negative comment.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31/1502312_10152244434503814_512132754_o.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers buddy, I was waiting for someone to post a negative comment.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31/1502312_10152244434503814_512132754_o.jpg

Not negative but positive for Andy, I don't click on links as they sometimes spread viruses, [or is that viri]?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a Facebook link to my Countdown name plate

Yours sincerely
    "the other chap"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Not negative but positive for Andy, I don't click on links as they sometimes spread viruses, [or is that viri]?:confused:

You think a .jpg file is a virus as well. I rest my case.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    If you watched Jon Culshaw's piece yesterday that was explained.

I didn't see it till after I posted but even so...
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How far do people think this Andy is going then?

Well you obviously knew that he was going at least one day further!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you obviously knew that he was going at least one day further!

Of course I did. :p I also know if he becomes an Octochamp.

Kicking myself at some of my misses today though, also did at the time. But at the end of the day I was just there for the experience and to enjoy myself, anything else was a bonus.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »

The contestants and audience failed to get it six times in a row?
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think a .jpg file is a virus as well. I rest my case.

(There might be good reasons for not clicking the link for the paranoid: a malicious file which has been given an innocuous-looking extension being one.)
    Corabal wrote:
    Kicking myself at some of my misses today though, also did at the time. But at the end of the day I was just there for the experience and to enjoy myself, anything else was a bonus.

I was disappointed you didn't get 'perkiest', as you seemed generally to be on better form than the other contestant. (BTW I think I was in the audience for that show, if it was on 11th December, although none of the rounds seemed that familiar. But then it was nearly two months ago.)
This discussion has been closed.