Prey - ITV drama starring John Simm 28 April

Comments

• Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    I'm as confused as Izzy - could you put us out of our misery?

Have a read of this..
    http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/TV-preview-Prey-ITV-9pm/story-21023677-detail/story.html
    A bit of back ground.
    Marcus's partner is in on it IMO, whatever it is :D
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Why was his shifty partner at his wife's house near the beginning? Was he the one having a relationship with her? I thought they said the boyfriend of Abi was called John. And I don't get why Sean the shifty partner was at that crack den place either. I am confused. :confused:

I just assumed she had called him to come and get Marcus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I'm probably wrong but it looked like a pen, something pretty small?

It was a pen.
    How did he get the pen?
    Was he given the pen at the cop shop by someone?
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    I'm probably wrong but it looked like a pen, something pretty small?
    Why did he have it? Was he planning to stab somebody else?
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt it lol. I'm no good with UK dramas, other than The Widower I rarely watch them because they confuse me :blush: no idea why really, I don't think im thick :confused: just thought the trailers made this one look good, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I feel the same way (The Widower was really good, wasn't it? Very gripping!)
    I think one of the problems is I don't concentrate well enough but also because our dramas are often overly complicated and I lose the will to bother!
    OTOH I'm totally gripped by most of the Scandi dramas and however complicated, have no probs following those at all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm watching again on +1. Who is the John bloke his ex is seeing ??
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    Is the partner at the end actually dead? I just assumed he was knocked unconscious.:confused:

He seemed to check his airway/breathing before rushing off, so I'd presume so :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »

I thought that as well.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I could write a better thriller. SHould have had him on the run from the start and keep having flashbacks to what caused him to go on the run. Would have made it more exciting
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »

Ah yes, you are probably right. So who is this John fella then? I'm guessing he'll make an appearance soon.
  • LancslassLancslass Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I'm as confused as Izzy - could you put us out of our misery?[/QUOTE
    I'm confused too, if anyone has a quick explanation in simple terms would be grateful:(
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel the same way (The Widower was really good, wasn't it? Very gripping!)
    I think one of the problems is I don't concentrate well enough but also because our dramas are often overly complicated and I lose the will to bother!
    OTOH I'm totally gripped by most of the Scandi dramas and however complicated, have no probs following those at all!

Yes it was - I'd heard of the case in the news here. Quite terrifying. I suppose such foreign dramas work in as much as the subtitles force you to concentrate and not um surf the 'net while listening to it and miss key bits :blush:

I started watching The Returned last year. That was quite good but ended up getting really complicated and I lost track of things after the 4th or 5th episode and stopped watching.
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it quite enjoyable. I'm interested in seeing the other two parts so it worked for me.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray! No intrusive background music!
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum just informed me that Sean is apparently Irish for John. :eek:
    Could that mean something? Does anyone know if it's even true? :D
    Forum Member
    Eh? Now I'm REALLY confused!
    He was in the house of Dale Lomax and used keys to enter and knew the hiding place for the disks. Did he get all that from Lomax? That suggests heavy involvement. The inside of the disks wouldn't break in 2 like that, they are "floppy" after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it quite enjoyable. I'm interested in seeing the other two parts so it worked for me.

Ditto :)
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was - I'd heard of the case in the news here. Quite terrifying. I suppose such foreign dramas work in as much as the subtitles force you to concentrate and not um surf the 'net while listening to it and miss key bits :blush:

I started watching The Returned last year. That was quite good but ended up getting really complicated and I lost track of things after the 4th or 5th episode and stopped watching.

I loved the Return and can't wait for 2nd series to air here but also felt it got very silly and over done by the end. Brilliant idea though! (I think it suffered from being too stretched out)
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here, enjoyed it very much and I love John Simms. :blush:
    Forum Member
    So far all i get is that,,, they found the bodies that had been there for many years, got the old case files, when he looked at what was on the disks he found Lomax's name, who used to be a bouncer at the time of the murders, when he spoke to Lomax in the pub, Lomax had cancer, Lomx subjectively threatened his family, when he went to their home that night he found them dead. So now he think Lomax has something to do with the murders
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I'm watching again on +1. Who is the John bloke his ex is seeing ??

You're a glutton for punishment :o
    Forum Member
    My mum just informed me that Sean is apparently Irish for John. :eek:
    Could that mean something? Does anyone know if it's even true? :D
    They said it was Johnathan Riley from her work.
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    So far all i get is that,,, they found the bodies that had been there for many years, got the old case files, when he looked at what was on the disks he found Lomax's name, who used to be a bouncer at the time of the murders, when he spoke to Lomax in the pub, Lomax had cancer, Lomx subjectively threatened his family, when he went to their home that night he found them dead. So now he think Lomax has something to do with the murders
    It was Dale Lomax who had the disks. If he wasn't involved, where did he get them from?
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching again on +1. Max was the youngest son? He was killed. So why didn't the non - blonde female cop phrase it as "Marcus, your son was found dead upstairs" ? Tommy Lee Jones was good as the protagonist in The Fugitive but this lady copper is not rational.
    Forum Member
    nomad2king wrote: »
    It was Dale Lomax who had the disks. If he wasn't involved, where did he get them from?

Watching it again, you are right, how did he get the disks?, and how did Sean know they were there :confused::confused: