Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given some of the comments in this thread I really do wonder why some people watch the show :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice the Jesus-face mugs sitting on the vicar's coffee table? :D Looked nothing like Robert Powell either ... ;-)
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode of the series (yes, series NOT season! >:( ), loads of laugh out loud moments, first one I've watched twice.

Don't understand why George gets such a hard time on here, I find him really funny. And so what if he lives with his mum and stepdad? They all obviously get on well and it works for them.

Think a bit of a cast clear out is needed for the next series - wouldn't be at all unhappy if I never saw the Tappers again (cannot, cannot stand the mother and daughter, hideous pair!), Bill and Josef I just don't get why they are even on the show, Sandy and Sandra have seriously lost any appeal they may have had in the first series. Still love Chris and Steven, Steph and Dom (obviously) and the German dad has been a great addition! Don't mind the Michaels either, but if my son spoke to me the way their kids do....!

I find it strange that they sit with the TV guide, supposedly looking at what's on the other side, when we all know - because its been confirmed and isn't a secret - that they don't watch 'live' and that they're sent tapes to watch.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Haha that cracked me up.... especially as she'd only got one question right! :D

I got two right. I was well impressed with myself, haha.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    To some extent, I think even Steph and Dom are playing up to the cameras.

I think the only ones that arent are the Siddiqui's

I agree on both counts.

I really liked the posh couple at the start but Steph is so dressed up for every clip it's just not normal and they have gone a bit OTT with their comments.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were right about Andi Peters; he hasn't aged in the last 20 years.:o

What is he drinking?:D
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dad is too - he's a really cynical self-righteous little creep.

Bizarre views on immigration too, considering he's someone who's imported himself from Cyprus.

I do find him amusing in that his short-arse bodyframe is accentuated by sitting so low down in that 'dentist's chair' seat of his.

The children are suitably mortified by their cretinous parents, but just you watch, they'll become them one day, The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I find the dad unsettling. Do love your description of him sat in his 'dentist's chair' :D

I wish Louis came with an off switch. He's too OTT and camera-aware. It's as if he's permanently auditioning for something.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    It's been mentioned a few times. George calls him Pete, not dad, and IIRC it's been recounted how he was a pageboy at the wedding of his mum and stepdad.

Ah poor George was dumped by his gf, and has done the classic fall-back on mum and dad thing,

Ah thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I find the dad unsettling. Do love your description of him sat in his 'dentist's chair' :D

I wish Louis came with an off switch. He's too OTT and camera-aware. It's as if he's permanently auditioning for something.

CBB??? :D
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dad is too - he's a really cynical self-righteous little creep.
    Bizarre views on immigration too, considering he's someone who's imported himself from Cyprus.

I do find him amusing in that his short-arse bodyframe is accentuated by sitting so low down in that 'dentist's chair' seat of his.

The children are suitably mortified by their cretinous parents, but just you watch, they'll become them one day, The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Well don't hold back will you. :D

It's quite possible to be an immigrant who supports controlled immigration, without necessarily contradicting yourself.

Also, as someone who claims to be against prejudice, why do you think it's ok to make prejudiced remarks about the dad's height? Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Auditiioning for a VERY LOUD production
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Rev Kate lead the wedding flash-mob dance that went viral? She seems open-minded and good fun. I really like her!

The Moffatts are growing on me (though I'd get a slap from my mum if I spoke to her the way Scarett does hers!). Unfortunately, Sandy and Sandra don't have much to offer. Half the time they just shout to disguise the fact they don't know what's going on!

Love how Silent Jay didn't even flinch when asked a direct question :D

I'm now convinced I want to marry Baasit Siddiqui.

Am I only one on here that finds his brother to be even hotter? It's his eyes for me. :D

ETA: Baasit's brother.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Well don't hold back will you. :D

It's quite possible to be an immigrant who supports controlled immigration, without necessarily contradicting yourself.

Also, as someone who claims to be against prejudice, why do you think it's ok to make prejudiced remarks about the dad's height? Two wrongs don't make a right.

OMG I'm that vilest of things - 'heightist'.

Never 'claimed' anything either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I'm that vilest of things - 'heightist'.

Never 'claimed' anything either.

Ok so perhaps someone should make derogatory homophobic comments on here then, and see how much you like that.

But then I guess heightism doesn't make your trendy list of prejudices to get enraged by, as a liberal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok so perhaps someone should make derogatory homophobic comments on here then, and see how much you like that.

go ahead mate. knock yourself out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Auditiioning for a VERY LOUD production

I think the noise is more or less by default, to make himself heard against his yelping mum! :D

They're all quite shrill aren't they, the Michaels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    go ahead mate. knock yourself out!

I have no need to, because unlike you, I'm 100% prejudice-free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It's funny that they're still presenting Jay as mute when, as I think others on here have already said, he did speak in the previous episode, as quiet as his voice was made to sound. I can't get on 4od right now to check but I think the family were watching a political news report and Viv referred to Ed Milliband as David, to which Jay responded "It's Ed Milliband".

Was that Jay?! Someone corrected someone re. David/Ed Milliband but I can't remember which family it was nor who said it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the noise is more or less by default, to make himself heard against his yelping mum! :D

They're all quite shrill aren't they, the Michaels.

I don't mind the others, it's just Louis. Dear God Louis!!!!! Please make him stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no need to, because unlike you, I'm 100% prejudice-free.

Aww shucks :(
    You get the halo :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I don't mind the others, it's just Louis. Dear God Louis!!!!! Please make him stop.

But you've got to (begrudgingly) admire someone who goes on national TV in dungarees.... and a tiny ponytail :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you've got to (begrudgingly) admire someone who goes on national TV in dungarees.... and a tiny ponytail :p

Apparently the man-bun is the new Hipster hairdo for any self respecting male this season!!! Shudder.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But then I guess heightism doesn't make your trendy list of prejudices to get enraged by, as a liberal.

Having read Welsh-lads' comments over the weeks, I really don't think he takes himself remotely seriously enough to get enraged about out :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww shucks :(
    You get the halo :)

It just makes me laugh how heightism is acceptable in trendy liberal circles. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different to racism (it's an inborn characteristic people can't change after all).

And thanks for reminding me, I'm expecting the halo to arrive in my post any day now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Having read Welsh-boys' comments over the weeks, I really don't think he takes himself remotely seriously enough to get enraged about out :confused:

A bit of a light-hearted joker is he? Fair enough.

I'm just pointing out hypocrisy where I see it. Can't resist doing it, I'm afraid,
This discussion has been closed.