Masterchef 2014 - it's here

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    I do agree but why do I have this feeling that Angela is going to have a stonking final round and Ping will make a miniscule error which will take the title from her. The competition has been won by what happens in the final round before, doesn't make it right though:(

It wouldn't surprise me. As you say, it often happens on these types of shows (most recently on the Sewing Bee).
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Haven't commented on this thread yet...be gentle with me,......have been lurking though.
    For me it has to be in order...Ping to win then Angela, then Luke then Jack....but being honest I wouldn't mind any of them winning as they all seem to be great cooks :D

I find myself in the odd (for me) position of liking all the final 4. Heck, I even liked all the final 6!

If pressed at the minute I'd prefer Ping, but I don't think I'll be shouting wuz robbed if she didn't (things may, of course, change!)
  • zedderszedders Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me. As you say, it often happens on these types of shows (most recently on the Sewing Bee).

Chinelo wuz robbed!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they do what they do on the final of Masterchef Australia and have 3 rounds where the judges then score each dish out of 10. You'd have to bring in a third judge, possibly one of the food critics?

It's stupid that we all know the judging comes down to the final 3 dishes that they present to the judges
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how Masterchef Australia has combined the format of Masterchef with The Apprentice. It makes more interesting viewing.
  • guy60guy60 Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a blind tasting similar to Great British Bake off.

Would remove any potential favouritism which must come in however much the judges try to hide it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if overall performance is taken into account - seems more like real life than being judged solely on the final dish.

So give it to Ping.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

You've just brought back all the abject horror of watching Lynda being sent home. :cry:

It's being a finalist that's all important. Anyone who wants to make it after Masterchef and not become a travel writer, will. It's gratifying to see when they are back on the show (Adam:)) and back at Masterchef HQ to sample the food.
  • lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday's episode has been shifted to 9pm.
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw it clashes with Heston's Great British Food!

will watch it on channel 4+1 then.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lammtarra wrote: »
    Thursday's episode has been shifted to 9pm.

And Wednesday with Friday 2030h to 2130h

The 2100h - 2200h time is probably consider more prestigious than 2000h - 2100h.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some great comments here - I agree that Angela might well win. I thought a while back that if she gained confidence then she'd do really well. It seems to have been working with John Campbell that made the difference (bit of an awkward moment when she gave him that huge hug though!) I want Ping to win, though, as she's so consistent and likeable. I got the impression that Jack learned a lot from her can-do attitude in the EE task.
  • Suitcase BeraoSuitcase Berao Posts: 6,078
    Forum Member
    I want Ping to win and think that she is the best of the four, but I've had a feeling from his very first episode that they want Jack to win and it was his to lose.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'm another that thinks Angela might win this, she's got the best 'journey' story going on, cook good, but lacks confidence and presentation issues, and in the final week it's coming together and she conquers both. Still want it to be Ping who I think is brilliant, but, at the moment, I wouldn't shout and scream too much about one of the other three winning it.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, from the Daily Mail, had me wondering this morning. I did not recognise the name, you had to read into the article to find it was not Masterchef UK! :)
    'I'm proud of it' says MasterChef model Sarah Todd of her VERY saucy topless photoshoot
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to see anyone other than Ping winning (she's been consistently good and terrifically organised, plus seems like a nice person) except that Angela has been so big on flavour, by all accounts, and (my personal favourite) Luke is nutty/hyper/inventive/forgetful. He could be great or crap. The only one I don't see winning is Jack, I'm afraid. His mistakes seem to be something easily corrected, but he hasn't corrected them... Dunno though. If he remembers salt and pepper exist, perhaps he'll win.

Prob pecking order:
    1. Ping
    2. Angela
    3. Luke
    4. Jack

Personal faves:
    1. Luke (I do enjoy an intelligent nutter)
    2. Ping (fault free)
    3. Angela gets the emotional vote from me

Lord knows what'll happen. Looking forward to it though
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I would like Angela to get her presentation spot on and surprise Torode and Mr Greedy Gregg..hehe.

Although Ping and her creations have been great, so she will likely win.

Luke - what a character! Who knows he might do it, but if he fails it will still be interesting!

Jack may surprise us all in the end :)

Good show this year, I lost interest last time.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    I would like Angela to get her presentation spot on and surprise Torode and Mr Greedy Gregg..hehe.

Luke - what a character! Who knows he might do it, but if he fails it will still be interesting!

I can't even remember if I watched last year. :blush: It was a long time ago, is my excuse.

I hope that they all do well and no one gets upset or makes something dogs-dinnerish. If they all do their best, it should be one of the ladies to win, realistically speaking, much as I'd love it to be the engaging batty one :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    NoseyLouie wrote: »

Last years was a lot better in my opinion, Natalie Coleman was amazing.
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty miffed that all the finals week episodes are on later than the rest of the series.
    Aren't the regular viewers enough for the bbc?

Still rooting for Luke.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK...who changed the time 'til 9pm then!
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grr 9pm!
  • sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grr 9pm!

Disgusting. Mrs. Sausage and I usually enjoy a few mixed nuts with MC and having to wait an hour is a fundamental breach of my human rights.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting. Mrs. Sausage and I usually enjoy a few mixed nuts with MC and having to wait an hour is a fundamental breach of my human rights.

I'm not sure that I'll be sober enough to remember it at 9pm.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure that I'll be sober enough to remember it at 9pm.

:D:D:D

Indeed.

I am most displeased about the change of transmission time. I also have no desire to examine the latest terrifying iteration of Ann Robinson's plastic surgery.

I am therefore watching the Supervet on C4. Just saw the cutest rabbit.