Options

Anyone else had problems with KFC?

Robbo222Robbo222 Posts: 38
Forum Member
Our local KFC in Falmouth has had real hygiene problems (so that the Council pretty much had to close them down for a period) - has anyone else come across this with KFC before? The link is here, it makes pretty grim reading frankly! Rob

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/11343184.Blood__grease__and_filthy_flooded_floor_closes_Falmouth_KFC/?ref=mr

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like their gravy and their chicken. Chips and juice are rubbish though.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chacun à son goût je suppose, but I find it remarkable that anyone would willingly eat that merde, or MacDonalds, or Burger King, or Wendy's.
  • Options
    MinkinitMinkinit Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Our local KFC , shut down about a year ago but it wasn't hygiene problems they suffered with.

It was the lack of chicken
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McDonalds doesn't put enough Fries in there things and a large is a big rip off in this country.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McDonalds doesn't put enough Fries in there things and a large is a big rip off in this country.

Well not really if you know what you'll get.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You should see their prices in France if you think it's expensive here!!
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chacun à son goût je suppose, but I find it remarkable that anyone would willingly eat that merde, or MacDonalds, or Burger King, or Wendy's.

Food snob alert ⚠
    Once in a while it makes a lovely change from salmon, caviar and filet steak old bean.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard about KFC's hygiene but I avoid looking too deep because I like their food. Except their fries. They're rough but more palatable with the gravy.

We once got a free order at the drive through because the guy hated his job so much he couldn't be arsed ringing it up and didn't want to give the soul destroying bastards more money. Apparently. He was the picture of misery. We even offered to pay and he could decide to do what he liked with the money. He could've pocketed it as a nice big tip but he wouldn't take it and insisted he would feel better if he could do something nice for someone. I wonder what he's doing now. Hope he's happier.

I have to say, with all the rumours, I did wonder if there was something in the gravy and his conscience wouldn't let him take our money. I didn't wonder too much, mind. I enjoyed the free grub.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Food snob alert ⚠
    Once in a while it makes a lovely change from salmon, caviar and filet steak old bean.

I had the same thought. Not much wrong with any of the places he mentioned.
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,287
    Forum Member
    Robbo222 wrote: »
    Our local KFC in Falmouth has had real hygiene problems (so that the Council pretty much had to close them down for a period) - has anyone else come across this with KFC before? The link is here, it makes pretty grim reading frankly! Rob

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/11343184.Blood__grease__and_filthy_flooded_floor_closes_Falmouth_KFC/?ref=mr

Mmm, finger lickin' good. :p
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Is their chicken halal?
  • Options
    EmolgaEmolga Posts: 47,287
    Forum Member
    The only "problem" I have with KFC is the slow service. Not a bad thing, considering your food is warm when you get it, unlike some of these cheap places, but it's not somewhere I'd go if I was in a rush.

The food tastes alright, and the tables and floor are fairly clean.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food snob alert ⚠

Never say "chin chin" in Japan forum
    Members
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Is their chicken halal?

Why? Are you a Muslim?
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the Colonel's spinning in his grave.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Is their chicken halal?

Are you from the Daily Mail? :D
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't eat them at all now after seeing that picture in the newspapers of the chicken brain covered in the colonel's secret 11 herbs and spices. It seriously put me off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbo222 wrote: »

No because i don't eat that shit!
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    My local KFC and to be fair another close by are always under staffed, and usually look like a bombs hit the place. I hate walking in a place and seeing food scattered over the tables and floors etc.
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a staff member of my local KFC having a wee in full view of heavy traffic trying to cross a roundabout the other day. He wasn't even doing it against a wall as there was only low lying shrubbery. He just got his little chicken in hand and pointed it done towards the shrubbery and wee'd.

He must of been seen by at least a hundred people. He was around 150 yards from his place of work. So, that's KFC crossed off my list.
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem I've got with KFC is that they now have no branches at all in Newcastle City centre. The first one that went was rumoured to have been for hygiene reasons, the second one closed just the other week, but unsure why. The only ones left are drive through ones miles out of town.

I wonder if they are in some kind of financial trouble?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Food snob alert ⚠

My old boss was a health freak and you wouldn't catch him eating fast food unless on a hangover. You cant beat a double sausage and egg Mcmuffin when on a hangover.
  • Options
    Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old boss was a health freak and you wouldn't catch him eating fast food unless on a hangover. You cant beat a double sausage and egg Mcmuffin when on a hangover.

Iv been put off egg mcmuffins for life after eating half of one and finding a hugh hair in it bleeughhh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only problem I've got with KFC is that they now have no branches at all in Newcastle City centre. The first one that went was rumoured to have been for hygiene reasons, the second one closed just the other week, but unsure why. The only ones left are drive through ones miles out of town.

I wonder if they are in some kind of financial trouble?

I'm sure my local one sells the Colonel's secret coating on as it tastes like s**t. But you go to the one in the next town and it tastes like KFC.
  • Options
    technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a search online about KFC and how it sources its chicken.

Small example - http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/kfc.asp

I will never buy KFC again.