Comments

• KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem to be showing a page 4?? :confused:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can't get anymore awful than awful. It was crap when she arrived, crap when she left.

Den's murder was a piece of shit, you're only saying it was a highlight to combat me due to your dislike of me. It's not a real opinion.

You really are full of crap aren't you?

I'm faking an opinion because I don't like you?

I don't know you, I made a comment on a pathetic post you made that's all.

I really disliked Eastenders from around 2003 to the last half of 2006. Looking back Den's Murder, the aftermath, Chrissie, Sharon, Dennis and Grant were the only things of interest that happened in that space of time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll decide if the adoration is exaggerated, not you. I think it's quite appropriate. He's my favourite of all time and I'll never accept this treatment as anything but shabby by some wannabe trying to make a name for herself.

Again, he is a fictional character. Fair enough you disagreed with his characterisation on his return and hated his exit storyline but to be so full of hatred for the writer/producer who made some (not all) of those decisions is pitiful.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    You really are full of crap aren't you?

I'm faking an opinion because I don't like you?

Exactly it, yes.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Again, he is a fictional character. Fair enough you disagreed with his characterisation on his return and hated his exit storyline but to be so full of hatred for the writer/producer who made some (not all) of those decisions is pitiful.

Ah well. I'm sticking to my views so you'll just have to live with it.

Back on topic please.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compared to the retcon's in some of the American Soaps, ours are nothing lol

Nearly every character gets their age changed at least once, think 1 in Guiding Light jumped 18 years in a few months lol

And Erica in All My Children had an abortion only to find out years later she had a Son :eek:
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jordan Johnson EE
    I dont remeber his name being on the Leavers list then sudenly he left to live with aunti gloria
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jordan Johnson EE
    I dont remeber his name being on the Leavers list then sudenly he left to live with aunti gloria

Not really a retcon, is it? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really a retcon, is it? :)

:o Sorry:o

Im not actually sure what a retcon is i thought it was things in soaps that wasnt explained
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    Compared to the retcon's in some of the American Soaps, ours are nothing lol

Nearly every character gets their age changed at least once, think 1 in Guiding Light jumped 18 years in a few months lol

And Erica in All My Children had an abortion only to find out years later she had a Son :eek:

I've read about SORAS (Soap Opera Rapid Ageing Syndrome) in the past :D:D

Corrie did a SORAS on Mark Redman (Mike Baldwin's son with florist Maggie Redfern) so that he could be in the same year group as Nicky Tilsley. I think that they aged him bout about 3 years as Mark was born in 1983 and Nick in 1980.

I wonder if there are anymore like this from Corrie ... hmmm ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o Sorry:o

Im not actually sure what a retcon is i thought it was things in soaps that wasnt explained

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound nasty :(

It's got a posh name - retroactive continuity - which sounds ridiculous.

Basically it's when something happens that completely contradicts something that was confirmed on screen in the past. They're mainly things like people having long-lost children when their partner had an abortion or nephews and nieces turning up when the character they're connected were always described as an only child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found another brilliant Corrie retcon:

Dev moved to Manchester from Birmingham in 1999 and bought the chain of corner shops from his uncle Ravi. A number of years later, it was revealed that Dev had a string of exes working in each of the shops, as well as a number of children! Some of the children were young but one of them, Amber Kalirai, was supposedly born in 1991. Funny because Dev hadn't even been in Manchester until 1999 :D
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read about SORAS (Soap Opera Rapid Ageing Syndrome) in the past :D:D

Corrie did a SORAS on Mark Redman (Mike Baldwin's son with florist Maggie Redfern) so that he could be in the same year group as Nicky Tilsley. I think that they aged him bout about 3 years as Mark was born in 1983 and Nick in 1980.

I wonder if there are anymore like this from Corrie ... hmmm ...

SORASing like that I Dont mind as it doesnt change characters historys much.
    When they jump quite a few though it changes backstory of the parents aswell, Especially in America where all the characters seem to marry lots lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly it, yes.

:yawn:
    You clearly have issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE
    Cora has 3 Children (Tanya rainie and Debs who we have never seen)
    Now she has another daughter

Carol Jackson having 2 older brothers then Derek and max comes in and they are younger than her
    and dereks magical children
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE
    Cora has 3 Children (Tanya rainie and Debs who we have never seen)
    Now she has another daughter

Carol Jackson having 2 older brothers then Derek and max comes in and they are younger than her
    and dereks magical children

I think Rainie was originally intended to be called Debs, she just suddenly became 'Rainie' when she actually appeared; 'Debs Cross' hasn't been mentioned since. Also, when Rainie first arrived it was stated that she was older than Tanya, yet she is now apparently the younger sister.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aadi aqnd Asha seem to have been SORASed by a few years, they seem to have been depicted as the same age as Simon over the past years.

Dunno if this will stick in a few years.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Not sure it's a much a Retcon as a change in character but Minty going from Bully Boy Landlord from Hell to Heart of Gold Bumbling bofoon.

Again Dynasty, Fallon anf Jeff having been childhood sweethearts who loved each other rather than Jeff following her round like a puppy who she couldn't stand for the first 5 years.
  • Good_boysGood_boys Posts: 2,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Prisoner, Judy Bryant confessed to Helen Smart that she was a 40 year old virgin. A few months later, her daughter that she had given up for adoption showed up! Ooops!

In Sons and Daughters, the first season ended with Patricia revealing to David that he was not her twin's father. This was a deliberate move to turn the show on its head and make viewers return to the series after it's Christmas/New Year break.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shevk wrote: »
    Aadi aqnd Asha seem to have been SORASed by a few years, they seem to have been depicted as the same age as Simon over the past years.

Dunno if this will stick in a few years.

Yeah - I had forgotten about this too.
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good_boys wrote: »
    In Prisoner, Judy Bryant confessed to Helen Smart that she was a 40 year old virgin. A few months later, her daughter that she had given up for adoption showed up! Ooops!
    In Sons and Daughters, the first season ended with Patricia revealing to David that he was not her twin's father. This was a deliberate move to turn the show on its head and make viewers return to the series after it's Christmas/New Year break.

Yes I was thinking of this one. I could believe that Judy had never had sex with a man (she originally had a girlfriend, Sharon and we also met her ex-, Pauline). But when the long lost daughter showed up that seemed a bit of a stretch.

It seemed like a pretty big retcon when I first saw it. I guess by today's standards it isn't such a big deal.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    It's funny because Roy was actually much more sociable when he first appeared - he certainly wasn't as quiet and dithering as he has been for the past 10 years or so.

I don't remember Roy actually stalking Deirdre (though I may be wrong) but I'm pretty sure that she found him to be very 'creepy'.
    Think he stalked Tricia too and got evicted, but memories a bit hazy.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Jack Scully went from being second oldest to third oldest back to second oldest again in Neighbours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I believe Jack Scully went from being second oldest to third oldest back to second oldest again in Neighbours.

Yer, i think Jack did move around in the Scully Clan!

All Neighbours:

*The Ramsay mess, which makes zero sense.

*Suddenly it turned out that Lolly was the result of an affair- no on-screen evidence of this

*In 2005ish Karl claimed to have slept with Sarah, something which we didn't think had happened and he had always denied

*In age changes; Ben Kennedy/Charlie Hoyland/Summer Hoyland/Elle Robinson/Andrew Robinson

*Neither Serena Bishop nor Hannah Martin could have existed based on their families timeline

*Sonya suddenly being Callum's mother

*Connor not being dead after all, again with no explanation

*I also think that Joe Mangel divorceing his second wife (who's name escapes me) didn't fit events - I think people went to visit them, then when Sky turned up it was annouced they had divorced by that point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Not sure it's a much a Retcon as a change in character but Minty going from Bully Boy Landlord from Hell to Heart of Gold Bumbling bofoon.

Didn't they do this to Billy Mitchell too?

He came in as a thug and then suddenly became one of the softest characters ever.