Options

Why oh why is Taylor Swift so big

Comments

• Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    since when did selling a lot of albums and winning grammies mean you are any good? :cool:

You dont think consistently selling high amounts of albums (indicating people in high numbers enjoy their work) and winning awards after awards indicates someone is talented? Just because you dont enjoy their music doesnt mean they are crap.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    You dont think consistently selling high amounts of albums (indicating people in high numbers enjoy their work) and winning awards after awards indicates someone is talented? Just because you dont enjoy their music doesnt mean they are crap.

Add to that the fact she was the youngest staff songwriter ever to be hired by Sony.

And that she was given a type of recording deal that no record company would give to a new artist, especially one so young unless they were sure of their talent.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    brumilad wrote: »
    Add to that the fact she was the youngest staff songwriter ever to be hired by Sony.

And that she was given a type of recording deal that no record company would give to a new artist, especially one so young unless they were sure of their talent.

I didn't know that. I knew she wrote her own songs though. I like her, she's nice and her songs are a breath of fresh air from all the X Factor pap in the charts at the moment. Why did that La Roux girl say she was manufactured? Someone who writes her own songs is not manufactured. I think Taylor Swift plays the guitar as well?
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    She's the britney of today's music. Innocent, pretty and captured America's heart. I wonder how long she will keep it up

I am a fan of Taylor swift. Her fearless album is one of the best pop albums of last decade without a doubt.
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I think that sums it up. America loves her because shes your typical girl next door, and her songs are cute and likeable, but are all well written too, and they sound good on record. Her live voice leaves a lot to be desired at time, but all in all I like her :D
    I've posted elsewhere similarities to Britney but I'm not sure if she can take over from Britney's iconic status. Young Miley is best positioned for that.
  • Options
    Tom8592Tom8592 Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    She's the britney of today's music. Innocent, pretty and captured America's heart. I wonder how long she will keep it up

I am a fan of Taylor swift. Her fearless album is one of the best pop albums of last decade without a doubt.

When was Britney ever innocent ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom8592 wrote: »
    When was Britney ever innocent ?

When she first came out I guess, or even in her days in the Mickey Mouse Club in the USA. (I read somewhere she was in that before she became a solo singer).
  • Options
    roidboy_roidboy_ Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are saying this now . It's not true! She was popular before that happened. More popular than that pri** before that happened!

She was not that popular, for one i didnt have a clue who she was like millions of other people.

Kanye helped her go global

And Swift was noway more known than Kanye....Love him or hate him Kanye is one of the most famous men on this planet,

in five or so years nobody will remember Taylor Swift whereas Kanye will be around forever.
  • Options
    Tom8592Tom8592 Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she first came out I guess, or even in her days in the Mickey Mouse Club in the USA. (I read somewhere she was in that before she became a solo singer).

Maybe in the Mickey Mouse club but not as a singer , have you seen her first video ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom8592 wrote: »
    Maybe in the Mickey Mouse club but not as a singer , have you seen her first video ?

The video for Baby One More Time? I've seen that video, I suppose the uniform wasn't the most innocent of school uniforms but it wasn't as outrageous as the ones in the St Trinians movies.
  • Options
    timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can someone compare her with britney, it doesnt make sence
    Their both totally different
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    You dont think consistently selling high amounts of albums (indicating people in high numbers enjoy their work) and winning awards after awards indicates someone is talented? .

not really no, a lot of music is just the same old shit rehashed, especially at the Grams :cool:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a country fan I don't get it either, Martina McBride, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Jennifer Nettles are a hell of alot more talented that Taylor yet Taylor wins all that's going, How she cleared up at the CMA awards I will never know and especially with her live performances, she was awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her first album was country-pop with a strong emphasis on the 'pop' and there is very little country influence to be found on 'Fearless', but that doesn't stop it from being in my opinion one of the best and most consistent mainstream pop albums in years. I admit it's no work of genius and it's not something I'd normally listen to a lot, but she has a sweet voice and some very well-written, incredibly catchy pop songs.
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is good, although she needs to change the subject a bit from now on

Anyone else think she has been looking worryingly thin recently?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    She's only big in america!

All her UK dates were sold out, and she was playing arenas. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Why did that La Roux girl say she was manufactured?

The La Roux girl said she was manufactured? Seriously? The La Roux girl ........ LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well seen as she selling very well I would think it would be because people like her music duh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Taylor - lovely girl nothing against her but am beginning to side with Kanye West. Why has she sold so many albums(imo its not the music cos i can't remember it nor personality!) and is now winning Grammies?

Don't get me started!

I don't live in the States but can completely understand the hype and success surrounding her.

I listened to her Album pretty much before the hype and was glued I couldn't stop listening to it. Melodically and lyrically the girl is a super talent. For her age to write material that is so special and hits a large demographic she seems to have already outlived her years. Her story of persuading her parents to move to Nashville to pursue her career just tells you how gifted and special she is. She is one of those artists that is placed on this Earth for a reason she knew her fate and the route to take. Every single is Number 1 material.

I saw her live recently and she was pitch/note perfect, almost record quality, can only blame technical fault for her weaker performance at the Grammys. She has a fantastic voice. Her main audience the teen market are being introduced to Country, or Contemporary Country whilst the already massive market for the genre in the US already exists. I love Country music and the new updated spin on the genre is fantastic and is already outselling as a result.

She writes her own music and keeps to the book whilst igniting a new spin on a very old genre, it is something fresh. We all like a first and follow a first, Taylor is one of these. Love Story is a Classic although one of the weaker songs for me. The single Fearless for me is magic. Being classy (something the teen girls look up to) and having her looks is just a plus as she would be doing well regardless.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Because she is talneted, young the Girl Next door Look, and Has a Fantastic album, Kanye West was a C*** for what he done to her. At the end of the day its gonna be Taylor who sells out arena's more then the Bully Kanye
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this. Promo Ad with Taylor Swift for Band Hero - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDzxxj32fGk

From that alone can see she is iconic, fresh, original and not trying too hard to be someone. She's the classy Country girl. As much as I love Gaga I think she is trying to hard to be something new/different. This girl does it without even thinking.

The Kanye episode has had little affect on her popularity imo.
  • Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her music, but I cannot deny how talented she is, I like the attitude on her aswell I think she is very humble she took the whole Kanye issue with grace and thats why I think she will continue her career with only success, I love Kanye's music but after that antic he is a total p****
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    For the life of me I can't see why - she is bland and boring.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GlueBubble wrote: »
    Don't get me started!

I don't live in the States but can completely understand the hype and success surrounding her.

I listened to her Album pretty much before the hype and was glued I couldn't stop listening to it. Melodically and lyrically the girl is a super talent. For her age to write material that is so special and hits a large demographic she seems to have already outlived her years. Her story of persuading her parents to move to Nashville to pursue her career just tells you how gifted and special she is. She is one of those artists that is placed on this Earth for a reason she knew her fate and the route to take. Every single is Number 1 material.

I saw her live recently and she was pitch/note perfect, almost record quality, can only blame technical fault for her weaker performance at the Grammys. She has a fantastic voice. Her main audience the teen market are being introduced to Country, or Contemporary Country whilst the already massive market for the genre in the US already exists. I love Country music and the new updated spin on the genre is fantastic and is already outselling as a result.

She writes her own music and keeps to the book whilst igniting a new spin on a very old genre, it is something fresh. We all like a first and follow a first, Taylor is one of these. Love Story is a Classic although one of the weaker songs for me. The single Fearless for me is magic. Being classy (something the teen girls look up to) and having her looks is just a plus as she would be doing well regardless.

They really need to sort the equipment out at

Grammys
    CMA Awards
    CMA Fest
    MTV Awards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    They really need to sort the equipment out at

Grammys
    CMA Awards
    CMA Fest
    MTV Awards

And Children In Need
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I just don't see why she is so big. Can't remember her songs, the radio don't even play her songs.