Options

Hostages (Israeli TV series) on BBC4 from this Saturday

Comments

• Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Was this the last episode in this series or was it the series finale?
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that ending???
    So what are they going to do with the PM after the op????
    And how do you do a back street bone marrow transplant without either patient dying?
    And isn't it impossible for him to match ?
    http://bethematch.org/for-patients-and-families/finding-a-donor/hla-matching/

Wouldn't it have been better to use the video as leverage over the PM and then his aides could have spun it in a way that meant he could be the donor as some sort of altruistic thing?
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    What happened to the father's "friend" that the young guy took some food and drink to??

The young hostage taker ( brother in Law) was told by ? to return and release him.
    I'm surprised he managed to walk after being shot in the leg.

Edit - sorry I can't remember the main hostage taker's name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come the young hostage taker didn't slowly bleed to death ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    What happened to the father's "friend" that the young guy took some food and drink to??
    He went to heaven.
    And they all lived happily ever after.
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry. but I haven't a clue what happened there. Who was related to who etc,,,,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    How come the young hostage taker didn't slowly bleed to death ?

Or how the daughter managed to run with a twisted ankle. Lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »

The main hostage's wife was the Prime Minister's daughter. Her mother was the woman he raped in the office seen on the video.
    That's how I understood it.
  • Options
    deeannjaydeeannjay Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    So Adam's wife was the PM's daughter (of whose existence he had been unaware?), and he was a compatible bone marrow donor - have I got that right?

And what was going on with the dog? Had Ronaldo run off and them come home, as opposed to having died, or was there something else going on?
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    The daughter didn't seem too interested in how her soldier boyfriend was.

Think I might have to watch the last one again as I found it a bit confusing :D
  • Options
    pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    lol that was ridiculous, but still pretty good fun.

was it me or did the 'flashbacks' and 'recaps' have more dialogue in them that they did in the first place?

The ending made sense, but yes it was a rush to suddenly throw in a million twists into the last 5 mins.

Also so many of the 'tricks' that the show employed have been used before - 24 in particular.

still good fun and had some genuinely tense moments.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else totally mystified as to what happened? And to whom???
    I take it there were two plots over the PM - one to actually kill him and the other to bring him back to life for the bone marrow transplant... but ...... I loved this series until the unsatisfying end! :(:(
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    deeannjay wrote: »
    So Adam's wife was the PM's daughter (of whose existence he had been unaware?), and he was a compatible bone marrow donor - have I got that right?

And what was going on with the dog? Had Ronaldo run off and them come home, as opposed to having died, or was there something else going on?

I thought maybe the hostage takers had just drugged Ronaldo and tied up the gardener.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Adam the hostage taker (HT) had a wife who had leukemia. She was the illegitimate daughter of the PM, the young HT was her half brother which is why he was involved despite his lack of mercenary soldier skills.
    Adam's Dad was some shadowy black ops person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I thought maybe the hostage takers had just drugged Ronaldo and tied up the gardener.

Yael made the connection (as I see it!) between the dog 'dying' and then being brought back to life. She had to 'kill' the PM (WHY?) and then bring him back to life in the morgue while his identity was switched with the 'anonymous' body. Again.. WHY?
    Silly ending for a superb series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, except that it isn't possible for a parent to be a donor.
    We saw a syringe in the garden, so we were supposed to think that they drugged the dog to make it look as though he was dead. Though I'm sure Alex would have happily shot him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I honestly thought Ronaldo had twigged early on that there was a ludicrous plot coming up and had decided to leg it and only return when it was all over bar the shouting! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    I take it there were two plots over the PM - one to actually kill him and the other to bring him back to life for the bone marrow transplant... but ...... I loved this series until the unsatisfying end! :(:(
    Yes, two plots but presumably once the transplant operation had been done via looking at youtube clips, they would have killed the PM to tie up the loose ends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, two plots but presumably once the transplant operation had been done via looking at youtube clips, they would have killed the PM to tie up the loose ends.

Bloomin' 'eck. My brain hurts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The dog suddenly reappearing gave Yael the initiative to go ahead and inject the Prime Minister with the same substance. She realised that the injection would knock him out and look as as if he'd died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    Yael made the connection (as I see it!) between the dog 'dying' and then being brought back to life. She had to 'kill' the PM (WHY?) and then bring him back to life in the morgue while his identity was switched with the 'anonymous' body. Again.. WHY?
    Silly ending for a superb series.

Yes, it was an interesting parallel.

As for killing the PM, bringing him back to life and then swapping the ID tags, presumably the general public were supposed to believe he was dead so that the blokes who were plotting earlier on in the restaurant would be able to carry out their coup?

I had thought Yael was going to threaten to use the video evidence against him and basically blackmail him into parting with his bone marrow (notwithstanding the fact it appears from other comments on this thread that in reality he couldn't have been a donor).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why Moni the grandfather was killed. Was it out of revenge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought they were going to keep him alive to bond with his daughter.

The ending with him waking up and looking round made me laugh. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why Moni the grandfather was killed. Was it out of revenge?
    No, I didn't follow that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were going to keep him alive to bond with his daughter.
    No, keep him alive for the op, then kill him.
    I think he would miss his wife and children otherwise.