How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EIGHT HUNDRED? My god. I feel positively virtuous now.

I can filter my spreadsheet by colour/shade/finish and so on, so that I can check whether I already own a bright orange glass fleck one-coater or not before I buy another one. It helps me keep track of what I've blogged too, how many coats I need and so on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    EIGHT HUNDRED? My god. I feel positively virtuous now.

I can filter my spreadsheet by colour/shade/finish and so on, so that I can check whether I already own a bright orange glass fleck one-coater or not before I buy another one. It helps me keep track of what I've blogged too, how many coats I need and so on.

Shhhh! Not so loud, my fiancé might hear you ;):D:o

That sounds brilliant!!!! I definitely need something like that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic slightly, but Elanor I remember you saying you like pink and orange together, and every time I see these shoes in work I think of you!
    http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hm... I do like pink and orange together... but those shoes area really really not my cup of tea! I don't know what's going on with Clarks this year (I normally buy all my shoes there because they're one of the few people that do half sizes) but everything's hideous at the moment! Sorry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I feel the same about this years, but it was more the colour combination that I thought of! the white patent brogues make my whole store just kinda go..oh :|
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how random things in daily life make people think of random internet people though. :D

I've just um... spent half an hour building a Barry M bottle pyramid. That's a good use of a Sunday, right? I mean, obviously I should be doing something less shallow and self absorbed, like getting a job or volunteering with a charity, lol.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    currently wearing Models Own Utopia, and just ordered OPI Pirouette my Whistle to go over it next time I wear it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love it! What is the polish on the bottom row, first one on the left (pinky-glittery colour)? I think I need it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how random things in daily life make people think of random internet people though. :D

I've just um... spent half an hour building a Barry M bottle pyramid. That's a good use of a Sunday, right? I mean, obviously I should be doing something less shallow and self absorbed, like getting a job or volunteering with a charity, lol.

Anything to do with Barry M is a good use of time! I got some new Barry M's yesterday! You have a fab collection of them!
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    splashed out on some seche vite today, lets hope it's worth it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »

I would hate not being able to use Seche! I go through gallons of the stuff. It takes a bit of getting used to first few times, but I love it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hate not being able to use Seche! I go through gallons of the stuff. It takes a bit of getting used to first few times, but I love it.

what do you mean? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just that it doesn't really behave like normal topcoat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »

When I visited my sister last week her local TK MAXX had some SV in I ummed and ahhed but decided to get some other stuff instead but look forward to hearing what you think incase I see it again! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Can anyone recommend a polish remover that doesn't smell. I go through quite a lot and buying the OPI one is costing a fortune even though I get it from the wholesalers. Hubby makes me use it in the bathroom with the door closed and the window open if it smells too much. He doesn't mind the purple OPI one for smell - says he can cope with that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone recommend a polish remover that doesn't smell. I go through quite a lot and buying the OPI one is costing a fortune even though I get it from the wholesalers. Hubby makes me use it in the bathroom with the door closed and the window open if it smells too much. He doesn't mind the purple OPI one for smell - says he can cope with that!

I haven't found one yet unfortunately! Boots used to do a lovely strawberry jelly one - it was thick like a cream so you could squirt it on and leave it, and rub it in, and it smelt gorgeous. Haven't seen it in years though. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't found on either!

The strawberry jelly thing your talking about sounds amazing Elanor!

I've been using the pot things by nails inc and Leighton Denny, they do smell still but not too strong and they are SO quick! So you have the smell around for a much less amount of time. You can reuse them again once the nail polish remover has run out as well.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish the strawberry jelly thing was still around sounds fab. I just don't get how they can't mask the smell a bit.

I find the OPI one a bit strong as well. Although I've not really been wearing polish for a while hence why I'm not been in here much although still been having an odd read of the thread been on major tight budgets so not even been buying much in the way of polish.

Last couple of purchases were the Nails Inc Stardusts and one of their 7 piece sets from QVC which they mucked me around with and took payment for too early etc and nightmare so not really been in the frame of mind to buy new stuff.

That said I have been slightly naughty and am waiting on a Leighton Denny set coming though it was his last TSV and I got it on advanced order so I have had time to put the money aside for it so I think that should be coming in the next couple of weeks so something to look forward to .

I did get a cheap and nasty (chemicals wise I mean) set of neons in the January sales that are actually quite pretty colours and picked up a stamping disc in Poundland and one of the remover pots there as well recently so going to be trying that out a bit more.

Just need to get my nail mojo back I think hoping the Leighton stuff might motivate me a bit more as had bare nails probably far too long now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Leighton Denny's products (and his shows!). I bought some cheap neons in the sales too, from SuperDrug, what ones did you get?

I've heard the poundland stamping plates and microbead sets are quite good, primark are also doing loads of cheap stuff for nails - I've tried the microbeads and thought they were good.

I bought the nails inc tsv on the three set deal so I til that finished the only nails inc I'm getting is the denim when that comes out.

I'm sure the LD products will get your mojo back! :)
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear :o I've been naughty I shouldn't have watched QVC yesterday when Leighton was on have ended up ordering the Cause a Scene set because it was on the three easy pays and missed out getting it when the set was on auto delivery before.

It's a bit of a dent in my budget but I guess its worth it and I've not had a Nail splurge in a while so I now have Leighton stuff arriving over the next weeks so hopefully might get back into wearing some colour again :)

Pink Champagne not a brand of Neons as such the bottles just say Neon Nails I got them from B&Ms they had been about £5 and were down to 50p so I jumped at them. I know cheap and nasty isn't really the way to go but couldn't resist the bargain plus they are pretty colours I did try them out just to see what they looked like and then took them off I think the blue and pink are the best and theres an orange, yellow and green as well.

I really want the Nails Inc neon I think its Notting Hill gate the pink one although I have Mayfair which is verging on neon and I love that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched that show, cause a scene is a fab set and a great price! Lucky! :)

I've never really looked in B&M for polish but I'll keep my peepers out in future!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only had one Leighton Denny polish so far, and I didn't like it at all, I found it streaky and uneven, and it chipped. I've got some drying drops too, and they're a messy faff, much prefer Seche for a quick dry. I might try some others at some point, if I get a massive bargain, or if someone gives me some, but I won't be buying anything else.