Options

b&q 10% discount to 60+

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
Forum Member
Does anyone else think this is unfair?

I'm in my twenties, house prices are huge, sallerys are ever decreasing. Most people in their sixty's bought houses when they were reasonable.

Pensioners are guarenteed an income of 160 a week by the gov, but jsa is only 70 a week.

Just makes me want to boycott b&q

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

I'm in my twenties, house prices are huge, sallerys are ever decreasing. Most people in their sixty's bought houses when they were reasonable.

Pensioners are guarenteed an income of 160 a week by the gov, but jsa is only 70 a week.

160 pound a week goes nowhere.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I got from that first post was, "Me me me me me me me me me me me me me whine!"
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Get of JSA and get a job earning over 17k a year then?
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tescos should have a midweek pensioners day to stop us clogging them up at weekends.:D
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Yeah let's all boycott shops that give discounts to pensioners.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    One of my late grandad's main uses was that he would come with me midweek if I needed anything from B & Q and apply his discount.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Befriend a local pensioner - win, win!
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you refuse to travel on buses?
  • Options
    dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bottle of wine and a few beers a night and a few treats and pension is gone good job I made loads with house price rise and also paid for pension with contributions
    Boycott B&Q that will really worry them
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member

Think you should change your profile it says you are 17
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when they used to advertise discount for pensioners and not indicate what type, I used to take a great desl of pleasure telling them that as I received widows pension It also applied to me and more than once the managers agreed and I got it, Saved me quite a bit as I was doing my house up at the time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's £110 per week and you have to have 30 years of NI contributions.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    It's £110 per week and you have to have 30 years of NI contributions.

me thinks it is a wum woodbrush
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    OP deal with it . Some things are unfair in life .This isnt one of them
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Or you could just shop at Screwfix, which is part of the same company (Kingfisher) and sells most of what B&Q does, but cheaper.

www.kingfisher.co.uk

B&Q 359 UK stores currently.
    Screwfix 309 UK stores currently.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get a job, problem solved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    All I got from that first post was, "Me me me me me me me me me me me me me whine!"

LOL.... :D
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

Yeah, I feel the same way about places that offer discounts to students.

Life's a bitch, eh?
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »

Ironic since the over 60s are a generation who are intensively into themselves and their own self -interest.

Special discounts for pensioners is a hangover from the era when old age was indeed linked to poverty, rather than today where the over 55s are a hugely economically comfortable demographic. In fact overall THE most affluent age group.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »

You make it sound so easy. Just walk out the door, ask someone 'giz us a job'. They reply 'yeah OK, you start tomorrow on 30k'.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »

In fact get a job at B&Q. It comes with a whopping 20% staff discount on purchases. That's 100% more than those pesky pensioners get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »
    Ironic since the over 60s are a generation who are intensively into themselves and their own self -interest.

Special discounts for pensioners is a hangover from the era when old age was indeed linked to poverty, rather than today where the over 55s are a hugely economically comfortable demographic. In fact overall THE most affluent age group.

Are we. I hadn't noticed I changed when I got to 60.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd hate it in London when you get to 60 and get a free Freedom Pass to travel for free on buses, trains and the tube! :D
  • Options
    vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »

Whereas the 20 and 30 somethings never think of themselves!! ;-):D:D